Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

you beat me to it....can you imagine walking up on this?

MM9925_220427_000023.jpg

No way in h.e. double hockey sticks. I'm afraid of garden snakes.

You’re dating yourself. A lot of the new stuff uses the smaller coax cable now (don’t remember the RG spec) and SMA connectors 😎

SMA connectors are a little better than Microdot connectors used for accelerometers - those were a nightmare to connect in a nuclear containment when you were double gloved. The nice thing about BNC is the quarter turn bayonet mount - there was a miniature version - seems like a BSM. One radar I used to work on used those a bit - a lot easier to deal with than a threaded connector. The bayonet type mounts are just so much quicker and foolproof.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Huge PF fan. One notch below the dude i grew up with who ONLY willingly listened to Floyd. I dig lots of music.

Classic pun. Sweet looking car dude youre a badazz for fixing them. Wish i could use your method to procure an Acura NSX of any generation. Met a dude with a special edition Honda S2000 the other day. Factory with less than 60k miles. Thought he was a pretty cool dude until he said "yeah i usually drive my CRV or the wife's car, ive never had this car over 90."
(!!!!! You fecking Muppet!) Redlines at 9000 RPM, manual 6spd, NA 2.0 litre 240HP engine that does NOTHING except turn the crank, everything else is electric motor driven...its a fecking 4 cyl racecar that held the world record for NA per litre HP at 120HP per litre...and i know never seeing 90 means he has never even wound out 3rd gear in a 6speed manual. This Muppet leaves it parked outside and drives a compact SUV. Grow a set man, damn. My civic coupe pulls hard thru the 90s in VTEC...in 4th. With about 80 less HP.

Know who always backs in when they park? Drug dealers. It is so a cop cant park behind them and box them in. They at least have a chance to haul azz and hopefully gap the cop by far enough to throw the dope out the window or get away entirely. Facts.

Since ND40 already says I'm dated, I got a call a few years ago from my son. He was on a trip in his Civic and said the power steering quit working - and then started working again - forgot all the specifics. So we were discussing whether the car was drivable and what to check. When I said something about fluid, he said his power steering was electric. I was like when did that happen.

Since ND40 already says I'm dated, I got a call a few years ago from my son. He was on a trip in his Civic and said the power steering quit working - and then started working again - forgot all the specifics. So we were discussing whether the car was drivable and what to check. When I said something about fluid, he said his power steering was electric. I was like when did that happen.
Well let's date ourselves even further. I remember when small cars didn't have power steering. Frankly, don't think they need it. I bet some of yall can remember when the full size cars didn't have it either.

Well let's date ourselves even further. I remember when small cars didn't have power steering. Frankly, don't think they need it. I bet some of yall can remember when the full size cars didn't have it either.

I remember when big cars didn't have power steering. 3 on the tree with no power steering suuuucked.

I remember a friend of mine still driving one back when I was in high school. His arms were strong as hell. It seemed to really work the forearms.

Last edited:

The first car we had with power steering was a '79 Celica. I don't know what Toyota did to make the manual version so hard to steer, but the old full size American cars turned easier. That's when I gave in and went with power steering.

The first car we had with power steering was a '79 Celica. I don't know what Toyota did to make the manual version so hard to steer, but the old full size American cars turned easier. That's when I gave in and went with power steering.
The old American behemoths had a steering wheel as big as the Titanic and they had a 27 turn lock to lock ratio. I can't say as I miss those days.

Dad had one too and mom had an old Mercury (can't remember the model) without PS with a 3 speed. Neither on had AC either.
I remember the non AC days, I don't think my parents had a car with AC until the 70's. I was in my 30's before I actually started using AC, I was so used to riding with the window rolled down. Now I won't even back out of the driveway without it on from April to November.

The old American behemoths had a steering wheel as big as the Titanic and they had a 27 turn lock to lock ratio. I can't say as I miss those days.

The first tractor my dad bought that had PS was a mid 70's model Massey Ferguson 1100, damn near wrecked it the first time I got on it because it steered so easily.

I remember the non AC days, I don't think my parents had a car with AC until the 70's. I was in my 30's before I actually started using AC, I was so used to riding with the window rolled down. Now I won't even back out of the driveway without it on from April to November.

Mom's 1980 Ford Grenada ESS was the first car we had with AC.

Then they came out with super duper power steering that had the power of a small vehicle motor. You could drive that thing with your pinky...Of course you were always having to adjust the wheel...It never went straight line.

VN Store

Back