Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the summer of the Vols, weezy

I'm all for that. I was just discussing recruiting for this class. We have our QB. We seem to have every other position targeted well. But DL we seem to be thin on current targets. I was just curious as to why given we have Garner as a coach.

Reactions: thistime
The next couple of weeks could be crazy. Lot of players expected to announce commitments, hopefully to us. One week until Mauigoa makes his announcement. Conyer is set to announce next Sunday. Benson is set to announce the day after Mauigoa. I know many are saying he's a Bama lean, but I still got my fingers crossed. Seldon commits on the 7th, and Jalen Smith commits on the 10th. And that's just the kids with announced times. Who knows who might just commit out of the blue?

The rollercoaster ride is in full force. This could be a lot of fun.

One other thing, I know we get tired of talking numbers and "how many can we take", but I feel like it has a different spin this year with the 25-cap lifted and the fact we've been operating with a depleted roster. I'd be really interested in how many spots we have to fill to get to 85? I mean, I don't think the coaches will use schollies just to use them. I think they'll still look for guys they feel can come in and contribute, and pocket any leftovers for next year since the 25-cap is already lifted for next year as well. But I would be interested to know how many spots we have.

Re: Florida Recruiting & Josh Pate’s take

I am starting to get the feeling that the administration at UF has gotten so enamored with their “Top 6 Public University” image and identity that they are looking down their noses at being a football powerhouse. Michigan, Texas, and even Tennessee during previous leadership have all experienced this to some degree. They don’t want to get their hands dirty in recruiting to do what it takes to be competitive on the field because they think it undermines their image as a top academic institution. That identity crisis is only going to be exacerbated in the NIL era and I can’t say I’m sad to see it.

Ran over a nest push mowing when I was a kid. Horrible.
When I was a kid, I watched my great granny push mow over a nest and they started attacking her legs. She calmly bent over and started pinching them off her legs, squishing and killing them in the process. After like nine of those she pulled the mower over and said she needed a glass of tea.

I was in awe and have since ran over nests push mowing. I run as fast as I can away from the nest smacking every inch of my body. To my great granny...
respect-hat.gif

When I was a kid, I watched my great granny push mow over a nest and they started attacking her legs. She calmly bent over and started pinching them off her legs, squishing and killing them in the process. After like nine of those she pulled the mower over and said she needed a glass of tea.

I was in awe and have since ran over nests push mowing. I run as fast as I can away from the nest smacking every inch of my body. To my great granny...
View attachment 467623
They don’t make ‘em like that anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back