Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Did anyone hear Cunningham yell "F" Tina Charles after they won their game. She better pray Tina won't catch in the post. I knew she's bad not this rude

Sadly, Sophie Cunningham was likely raised by her parents to behave as she does. When she was at Mizzou, there were multiple reports of how her parents would behave badly at games, often encouraging Sophie to go too far, physically, to come out on top. Their No.1 priority was to win, and if it took going outside acceptable sportsmanlike behavior to win, that was okay.

So ... no, if she actually said that I would not be one bit surprised. Sophie Cunningham's parents are trash.

Sadly, Sophie Cunningham was likely raised by her parents to behave as she does. When she was at Mizzou, there were multiple reports of how her parents would behave badly at games, often encouraging Sophie to go too far, physically, to come out on top. Their No.1 priority was to win, and if it took going outside acceptable sportsmanlike behavior to win, that was okay.

So ... no, if she actually said that I would not be one bit surprised. Sophie Cunningham's parents are trash.

She did, it's on Twitter..And someone commented that she was letting her frustration out..I'm like really. Any player got the right to leave, do watever

Reactions: Harvey Peak

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220626-144420_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220626-144420_Twitter.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 56
I believe this is a good thing for us …. Aaliyah Del Rosario has been rumored a lean towards Arizona ? This top ten Center verbal should have Rosario thinking maybe Tennessee? 🙏

I didn't know she was an Az lean. I do know she is visiting us so maybe we will find out soon if TN is one of her top choices or THE top choice. I believe Del Rosario also visited SC and had a good time.

Last edited:

Interesting that Nikki went from HC to assistant and Coquese went from assistant to HC. Maybe that will pay off? Wishing both the best. Looks like Rutgers will finally get an offense.

Best of luck to them. I think this reflects poorly on Nikki. Hard to say what the real issue at MSST was. At this point it just looks like she did a poor job, stirred up a bunch of crap, then left them in a lurch.

I would not have been jumping up and down to hire her.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Best of luck to them. I think this reflects poorly on Nikki. Hard to say what the real issue at MSST was. At this point it just looks like she did a poor job, stirred up a bunch of crap, then left them in a lurch.

I would not have been jumping up and down to hire her.

She left MSST for "health reasons which she thought were behind her." I would surmise this was a recurrence of her breast cancer. If getting treatment for that left MSST in the lurch, TFB.

I kind of had a feeling that when she left it wasn't entirely health issues. So she waited few seasons to go somewhere and become an assistant...kind of means that she couldn't handle a head coach position.

I kind of had a feeling that when she left it wasn't entirely health issues. So she waited few seasons to go somewhere and become an assistant...kind of means that she couldn't handle a head coach position.
Doesn’t mean that at all. She left because of health reasons, there’s nothing else out there that would suggest otherwise.

Interesting that Nikki went from HC to assistant and Coquese went from assistant to HC. Maybe that will pay off? Wishing both the best. Looks like Rutgers will finally get an offense.

Damn, I was hoping Kellie could find a spot on her staff for Nikki at some point. Regardless of what you think of her as a head coach, as an assistant she played a huge role in helping Staley build South Carolina into the championship program it is today and could have been a great asset here. She is a terrific recruiter, knows the SEC, and a former Lady Vol who could have helped her alma mater reach the same championship level as she did with USC...

I kind of had a feeling that when she left it wasn't entirely health issues. So she waited few seasons [?] to go somewhere and become an assistant...kind of means that she couldn't handle a head coach position.

The only hiatus in her coaching career was from last October to now. She probably couldn't handle a HC position if she was getting chemo (or being treated for some other serious illness). I tend to believe Nikki's press release that her resignation was due to health issues over your "feelings." And she handled a HC position at ODU pretty well. More baseless mud-slinging at a LVFL.

More baseless mud-slinging at a LVFL.
And if a So Carolina or UConn fan said this about an LVFL w breast cancer we'd be having a collective, self righteous meltdown. I've never understood the hostility toward Nikki from some on this site. The original comment fm a supposed LV fan doubting her health problem was just vile. I wish her all the best.

VN Store

Back