The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

I've said since the decision was leaked that this would be the thing that keeps the GOP from having a windfall in the next election - or two. Republicans just seem to have a knack for getting stuff wrong. The interesting thing will be demonstrations and whether dems can call off their dogs or make azzes of themselves ... again. That could work the other way this fall.

The real problem with the GOP, in my view, is two things. One, they have veered away from what they once were, a true party where values meant more than just a word, or a twisted version of it. Two, is they are no longer the Grand Old Party, except for a few, they're bunch of hate-fueled cult followers of a lying con man who is an egomaniac. Likely, if real Republicans got rid of the Republiars, even Democreeps would vote for them.

Yes, a fetus is a human life. How many times do I have to say this? Do I think a fetus is equal to a 10 year old kid, just because both are “human life”? Absolutely not.

Me thinks you don’t want to answer this scenario because you know the implication it has.

I don’t care to answer anything, it just seems we are regressing. If we agree a fetus is a human life, why are you bringing up “potential life”?

What does that have to do with this?

Yes. Death is too good for him.

I get the opposed view to the death penalty. One mistake is not acceptable.

That said, I see a use for it in cases where the perpetrator is known for a fact.

There are people in this world that my tax dollars should not be responsible for maintaining for life.

I don’t care to answer anything, it just seems we are regressing. If we agree a fetus is a human life, why are you bringing up “potential life”?

What does that have to do with this?

You brought up potential with the 20 vs 50 year old comment. Of course life progresses from conception to death. My point is at what point do we become human.

So again, I ask are you saving 1 or 100 lives if they are all equal?

This is where I spit the two , protect our kids and elderly, kill the ones that need killing and proven without a doubt that they did horrendous crimes to others . State sanctioned , not federal though .

I don't trust the state to not get it wrong sometimes so better safe than sorry and eliminate the death penalty all together.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
I get the opposed view to the death penalty. One mistake is not acceptable.

That said, I see a use for it in cases where the perpetrator is known for a fact.

There are people in this world that my tax dollars should not be responsible for maintaining for life.

I get it and have no problem killing those than deserve killing I just do not trust the state to get it right 100% of the time.

Reactions: AM64 and 85SugarVol
WNBA Players' Union Decries Overturning of Roe v. Wade

The Women's National Basketball Players Association reacted to the U.S. Supreme Court decision to overturn a woman's constitutional right to an abortion by focusing on voting rights and urging people to "vote like our lives depend on it. Because they do."

In a statement, the WNBPA said, "This decision shows a branch of government that is so out of touch with the country and any sense of human dignity."

"We must recognize that when we cast a ballot it is to elect officials and to connect the dots to policies and legislation that align with our values," the WNBPA said.

In September, a number of prominent women athletes, including soccer star Megan Rapinoe and basketball standouts Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird, joined 500 athletes and groups who signed a friend-of-the-court brief to the justices. The group included 26 Olympians, 73 professional athletes and various athlete associations. They argued that abortion rights have helped the growth of women's sports and expressed concern that future athletes would suffer without those protections.

Rapinoe on Friday called it a "really sad, sad day" and said the ruling is "completely misguided and wildly out of touch with the desires of the country."

WNBA union decries overturning of Roe v. Wade

I don't trust the state to not get it wrong sometimes so better safe than sorry and eliminate the death penalty all together.

I understand and agree but we both know that there are some that just needs to be killed for the decisions they made . That’s what I wrestle with on it . It makes me a hypocrite not to call for all to be protected , but everyone has their flaws 😉

You brought up potential with the 20 vs 50 year old comment. Of course life progresses from conception to death. My point is at what point do we become human.

So again, I ask are you saving 1 or 100 lives if they are all equal?

Idk if I've ever dealt with a poster this dishonest. I mentioned 20 vs 50 in a response to you about "potential human life". So no, I did not bring up the topic. Which is why everything you're saying is insane. "We should ban sex", are you 12?

1656108583182.png

You believe a fetus is a permanent condition? What's the point you're attempting to make? How about you just make it?

You said this. This implies a progression of the potential of a fetus. If not, please explain what you meant.

You said this. This implies a progression of the potential of a fetus. If not, please explain what you meant.

You mentioned a permanent vegetative state. A fetus is not a permanent state. That’s the obvious point. So why compare the two?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I already explained it to you instigators. It's never been red. You either have Dems in your sight (blue), or someone is in an absolute position of power (lightening bolts). This one knows how its done... it was done early. 36342075-23BE-43D8-A5B0-1708F19CEA3B.jpeg

That’s what it will take to change the minds and soften the hearts of many pro-abortion advocates.

I’m just saddened by all the “men” on this board and in this country that have punted their responsibility to care for the weaker vessels.

We stand on the front lines of war.
We protect women and we protect children, including the unborn.

I appreciate the work you do. My wife is an MD. It’s hard work. Mentally and emotionally. It really is.
Thank you for the kind words. . . . Especially after the past two years.

WNBA Players' Union Decries Overturning of Roe v. Wade

The Women's National Basketball Players Association reacted to the U.S. Supreme Court decision to overturn a woman's constitutional right to an abortion by focusing on voting rights and urging people to "vote like our lives depend on it. Because they do."

In a statement, the WNBPA said, "This decision shows a branch of government that is so out of touch with the country and any sense of human dignity."

"We must recognize that when we cast a ballot it is to elect officials and to connect the dots to policies and legislation that align with our values," the WNBPA said.

In September, a number of prominent women athletes, including soccer star Megan Rapinoe and basketball standouts Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird, joined 500 athletes and groups who signed a friend-of-the-court brief to the justices. The group included 26 Olympians, 73 professional athletes and various athlete associations. They argued that abortion rights have helped the growth of women's sports and expressed concern that future athletes would suffer without those protections.

Rapinoe on Friday called it a "really sad, sad day" and said the ruling is "completely misguided and wildly out of touch with the desires of the country."

WNBA union decries overturning of Roe v. Wade
Dang it, guess I won't be watching any more professional women's basketball or soccer. What will I do with all this extra time?

VN Store

Back