‘23 VA ATH Cameron Seldon (Tennessee Commit)

I don't think anyone is defending James Franklin. They're just suggesting not to go all neg recruiting on someone claiming to be close/related to the recruit. I'm sure the Seldon family is well aware of the controversy that tends to surround Franklin. Most football fans are.
I understand that. But they also might not. Imagine if they weren’t football fans before their son got into it. The cover up and lie rape case was like 8 years ago? He would of been 8-9. These are important questions in my mind.
I’m not one to negative recruit. I just for whatever reason was compelled to type it?

edit: news articles about James Franklin led teams Vandy and Penn state. But whatever don’t care. Just throwing my opinion about one being a scumbag y’all go defend that jacka$$
paul-rudd-take-it-easy-champ.gif

I understand that. But they also might not. Imagine if they weren’t football fans before their son got into it. The cover up and lie rape case was like 8 years ago? He would of been 8-9. These are important questions in my mind.
I’m not one to negative recruit. I just for whatever reason was compelled to type it?
Well I mean you could use that to make the program at Penn State look bad BUT we tried to hire him so obviously it wasn’t too bad a problem for Tennessee. I could throw plenty of shade at James Franklin but honestly just stating our case that our offense is a better fit for Seldon I think is a better Avenue. Show what your program offers instead of trying to drag the other program through the mud.

Absolutely
Well I mean you could use that to make the program at Penn State look bad BUT we tried to hire him so obviously it wasn’t too bad a problem for Tennessee. I could throw plenty of shade at James Franklin but honestly just stating our case that our offense is a better fit for Seldon I think is a better Avenue. Show what your program offers instead of trying to drag the other program through the mud.
Absolutely. I think that is the best way to go and it is the route that has been gone. Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But I just felt like if they didn’t know that, should.

Absolutely

Absolutely. I think that is the best way to go and it is the route that has been gone. Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But I just felt like if they didn’t know that, should.
I’ll say this I think any family should do their due diligence on the staff and coaches that will be coaching their kid and not believe all the flowers and sunshine that is put out by these staffs. That part I absolutely agree with.

Lmao y’all send your kids to that guy? wasn’t everyone here in a f*ckin pissed off frenzy when we heard we tried to hire him?? :rolleyes:
edit: news articles about James Franklin led teams Vandy and Penn state. But whatever don’t care. Just throwing my opinion about one being a scumbag y’all go defend that jacka$$
Nobody is defending him. They are asking you to calm down and let the kid have his moment, live the experience and then go back home and realize that Tennessee, is the best place for him to land.

Why do the clueless people in our fanbase always have something to say? Ugh.
I mean we have passionate fans, sometimes they don’t think about stuff or consider this is life decision for these kids and their families. We love our team but for a lot of us fans football is a Saturday commitment then we go about our life. These kids have to interact with the coaches, the team and put in a ton of hours hopefully in a good environment that prepares them for life and possibly pro football after college.

Everyone has seen what happens in toxic environments, in terrible lockerrooms but hardly anyone on this board has lived it or had a kid that they’ve had to support through it. Best we can do is put our best foot forward as a program and hope we’re a good fit for a kid. You leave it to the kid and their family to discern what and who is real and what’s deception in the process.

Reactions: LittleVol and JT3
I mean we have passionate fans, sometimes they don’t think about stuff or consider this is life decision for these kids and their families. We love our team but for a lot of us fans football is a Saturday commitment then we go about our life. These kids have to interact with the coaches, the team and put in a ton of hours hopefully in a good environment that prepares them for life and possibly pro football after college.

Everyone has seen what happens in toxic environments, in terrible lockerrooms but hardly anyone on this board has lived it or had a kid that they’ve had to support through it. Best we can do is put our best foot forward as a program and hope we’re a good fit for a kid. You leave it to the kid and their family to discern what and who is real and what’s deception in the process.
I love that we have a passionate fan base. I hate when someone close to a recruit tries to bring us valuable info and one of our "passionate fans" says dumb $hit directly to them. I'm not saying it alters a recruits decision. It's just frustrating. I'm allergic to stupid.

Nobody is defending him. They are asking you to calm down and let the kid have his moment, live the experience and then go back home and realize that Tennessee, is the best place for him to land.
I get it. Just letting known things out there in case people don’t follow football as long as we have. I think it is perfectly acceptable to talk about things like this.
My great grandfather was a professor at Penn state. I have many alumni/donors in my family and they all washed their hands with the program after the Sandusky and then hiring of James Franklin.

I love that we have a passionate fan base. I hate when someone close to a recruit tries to bring us valuable info and one of our "passionate fans" says dumb $hit directly to them. I'm not saying it alters a recruits decision. It's just frustrating. I'm allergic to stupid.
Who is close to a recruit this cycle?

I do not for the life me know why people can’t see this either. You’ve got a kid going into a visit at a good program; he’s going to have a good time and people make crazy statements that make them look ignorant and bitter.
More so to that...this recruit has a family member on here that is trying to get a vibe of the fanbase.
When you sling mud, you usually get mud on you too...

It's just not smart.

I'm sure it's something they're already aware of.

It was classless to do that.

I'm not saying you don't have any class, but that wasn't the right energy to put out.
That's all I'm saying. I'm not attacking you.

Lmao y’all send your kids to that guy? wasn’t everyone here in a f*ckin pissed off frenzy when we heard we tried to hire him?? :rolleyes:

He's still somehow found an even better job, and is still considered a very good coach. It was incredible what he did at Vandy.

His players love him. Everywhere he has went. Remember when Dooley talk trashed to Vandy after they beat them? Then the very next season Vandy WALKED US 41-17? James Franklin could have threw mud back at him. But he didn't.

Did Franklin keeps things hidden? Maybe. Maybe not. He's still freely doing his job.

Tennessee also has a good HC. Who has nothing but positive things to put out. That;s what fans need to focus on and emulate.

Tennessee fans have class. Keep it that way.

Reactions: VolByLaw

Fortunately every family has that crazy uncle that everyone cringes when they come out of their room and open their mouth. Take heart it really is not just Tennessee fans it just hurts us because it's our family!

Reactions: bigl3327
He's still somehow found an even better job, and is still considered a very good coach. It was incredible what he did at Vandy.

His players love him. Everywhere he has went. Remember when Dooley talk trashed to Vandy after they beat them? Then the very next season Vandy WALKED US 41-17? James Franklin could have threw mud back at him. But he didn't.

Did Franklin keeps things hidden? Maybe. Maybe not. He's still freely doing his job.

Tennessee also has a good HC. Who has nothing but positive things to put out. That;s what fans need to focus on and emulate.

Tennessee fans have class. Keep it that way.
Y’all don’t see anything wrong with this post? Lol y’all are weak man.. this is a University of Tennessee football message board.

I wouldn’t want anything to do with Penn state… period. Doesn’t have anything to do with Franklin. Still seems gross to me
You can feel that way and still show class by not dragging someone's name into the dirt. Especially to a recruits family member while they're interacting with us.

If you don't think so- look at who liked my original post saying "this is an example of how NOT to help recruiting"

This wasn't about pumping up another program. Just read the damn thread all the way smh...

I am positive Plove can see that not everyone is the same. Cam likely knows that too. In regards to Franklin he is a good coach, winning at Vandy isn't easy and he has done pretty well at PSU. All the other stuff is just clutter.... Would I send my kid to him ? That would be an emphatic NO. But again Seldon isn't my kid and I respect his families ability to judge those situations. I'm just going to say that it is probably good for us that his family is on VolNation while on a visit to Penn State. Enjoy the Visit Plove and get on back home to Rocky Top. Cam is a valuable piece to this class and his talents will be put on showcase here. See ya soon

VN Store

Back