2022 NBA Draft and Offseason Thread

Zack's completely uninformed top 10 draft prospects based on reports from people I like, 15 minute youtube breakdowns, and general acknowledgement of how the NBA is played today.

1. Jabari Smith
2. Jaden Ivey
3. Paulo Banchero
4. Chet Holmgren
5. Benedict Mathurin
6. Keegan Murray
7. Jeremy Sochan
8. Mark Williams
9. Jalen Duran
10. TyTy Washington

I don't see any noise for TyTy as a top 10 prospect. Who are you trusting that has that?

That’s my wild card. Not people have him that high (probably biased because I liked what I see against UT) but a few things:

Able to create offense despite terrible spacing. Showed want to on defense. Really adept passer. Excellent wingspan and good touch. Plus can’t go wrong with a Calipari guard in the NBA

Also, found this guy Hoop Intellect the last week doing some Pistons study and love his breakdowns. Concise, good info and stats, shows the good and the bad. Seems unbiased

That’s my wild card. Not people have him that high (probably biased because I liked what I see against UT) but a few things:

Able to create offense despite terrible spacing. Showed want to on defense. Really adept passer. Excellent wingspan and good touch. Plus can’t go wrong with a Calipari guard in the NBA

That's the big thing that has my eyebrows raised. He might be way better than he looked this year.

Kyrie not working in Brooklyn? Really? Wow

From Bleacher/Stephen A:

“Did you know that this brother Kyrie Irving last season would conduct his own practices? So when Steve Nash had the team on the floor, and they practiced, they would finish and he’d go and get five guys and conduct his own practice. … Do you have any idea how disrespectful that is to Steve Nash?”

From Bleacher/Stephen A:

“Did you know that this brother Kyrie Irving last season would conduct his own practices? So when Steve Nash had the team on the floor, and they practiced, they would finish and he’d go and get five guys and conduct his own practice. … Do you have any idea how disrespectful that is to Steve Nash?”

Nets are probably praying he doesn't pick up his option.

Also, why would anybody do that with Kyrie? Why wouldn't they tell him to **** all the way off?

I don't understand why Kyrie has so much power over his peers. Hopefully, it's finally run out with front offices. Man needs some humble pie in the worst way, and it's gotta hit him in regards to job prospects. Being the butt of the internet isn't enough.

Trades I want to see:

KD for Ayton + Bridges + pick

Gobert for J Collins + D Hunter + pick
or
Gobert + Bojan for J Collins + D Hunter + Capela + picks

#4 pick (Ivey) for #10 + Toppin + protected pick

Kyrie for Russ + THT + pick
or
Russ + THT for Gordan Hayward + Rozier

Last edited:
@zjcvols makes tons of sense for Detroit. I still can't tell if Grant actually makes teams better in any meaningful way, so seems like a waste of an asset for Portland. He just seems kinda weak, physically. He's skinny for a SF but his game is most suited to stretch 4.

1655935244014.png

@zjcvols makes tons of sense for Detroit. I still can't tell if Grant actually makes teams better in any meaningful way, so seems like a waste of an asset for Portland. He just seems kinda weak, physically. He's skinny for a SF but his game is most suited to stretch 4.

View attachment 466247

I freaking wish. What a god awful trade

By the way that pick is top 4 protected so even if that some turns into a real asset it’s not. I just lost a ton of faith in Weaver

Just keep Grant and try and make the play in at that point. Jesus Christ, I can’t get over how awful this trade is.

VN Store

Back