How many of us have donated to Spyre?

How many of us donate to Spyre?

• I do I do!

Votes: 75 23.9%
  • Not yet...

Votes: 239 76.1%

• Total voters
I’ve paid for three college educations already. I don’t feel any obligation to enrich college kids. I think money is ruining college football and it would be hypocritical to contribute to it.

So you don’t watch the games or buy merchandise? Or is the money only bad when it goes to the players?

So you don’t watch the games or buy merchandise? Or is the money only bad when it goes to the players?
Sure I watch the games. The big tv contracts started hurting the sport long before nil.

Sure I watch the games. The big tv contracts started hurting the sport long before nil.

So you’re okay contributing to that because it came first, but you still believe your own actions hurt the game?

Then why do you continue contributing to the problem?

Also could you explain how money is hurting the game

If I donate do I get an official Fan Card to flex with?

I think they hand those out after 4 years (or more for us “gifted” folks,) and a couple tens of thousands of dollars.

I love UT and all it’s athletics but Spyre isn’t getting a dime from me in donations.

Last edited:
So you’re okay contributing to that because it came first, but you still believe your own actions hurt the game?

Then why do you continue contributing to the problem?

Also could you explain how money is hurting the game
Well there you go. I’m a hypocrite already...but I’m still not contributing more.

I've not given a nickel to them. They cannot assure me that the money will go to kids that will be at Tennessee until they finish their eligibility. Players can take money and leave at anytime for another opportunity.
Spyre can't be that stupid. I'll be stunned if there's not a contract that protects their investment.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
"Donating" to a collective, which is gathering money to buy recruits for their NIL, isn't considered donating, IMO.

giphy.gif

Spyre can't be that stupid. I'll be stunned if there's not a contract that protects their investment.

State law prevents it.

Now a kid might leave money on the table by leaving. but whatever he has gotten he has got.

To be perfectly honest, winning a spending money pissing contest just doesn't do very much for me. "But the other team will spend more than we will." Ok. Well good for them. Those Texas schools have billion dollar endowments, private mineral and oil money out the wazoo, and egos to match; you really want to get into it with that bunch? Because that's where this goes, meaning you can either commit to a continuously escalating and yet never-ending cycle of donation requirements, or you say "I'm good" and wish folks well.
It's been this way for over 50 years, at least

To me, this is the way that the fans can (finally) directly influence the program that we love so much.

I am tired of sitting on my hands and waiting on this coach or that booster(s) to fix it.

I invest too much time on sites like this reading Vols news. Driving to games. Attending games. Watching games. Buying merchandise. Whatever else.

$5/month more or $20/month more is my best way to get a return on my time and financial commitment going forward. We have a proof of concept in Nico. We have more attention from recruits and current players across multiple sports.

I like winning big in recruiting. I like winning conference championships. I see the path forward.

I've seen everyone in and around our program try every way to improve our standing and fail. I'm ready to try our way.

VN Store

Back