‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

AP stated twice this spring that Tennessee led. Not saying he's gospel, obviously, but it wasn't outside the realm of possibility to believe given AP's confidence and Allen's comments and visits.
he also said more than once, that a committable UGA offer would be hard to overcome. a lot of, heck, all of his recruitment and Tennessee adding him to this cycle was largely dependent on whether or not he was a take at UGA.

that was never not known or not talked about. once UGA got serious about Allen, the hill started going up hill for us.

he also said more than once, that a committable UGA offer would be hard to overcome. a lot of, heck, all of his recruitment and Tennessee adding him to this cycle was largely dependent on whether or not he was a take at UGA.

that was never not known or not talked about. once UGA got serious about Allen, the hill started going up hill for us.
Absolutely.

I have seen evidence of that with past chancellors but this one seems to fully behind our athletic programs…. Any evidence that she is not?

She supports them but she is hesitant to play with the big dogs. She is behind letting the NCAA run roughshod thru us as well as bowing to the SEC.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Someone who understands. But wait as we get blasted about how great she is. Be glad Boyd is around.
Even if someone thinks Plowman is great, why would you allow a chancellor to have that power? How many good chancellors have we had in the past few decades that we’re capable of running the athletic dept as well?

Even if someone thinks Plowman is great, why would you allow a chancellor to have that power? How many good chancellors have we had in the past few decades that we’re capable of running the athletic dept as well?
She fired Fulmer and Pruitt to hire probably one of the best AD’s in college not sure what you are driving at here…

What special power does she have? When she was hired she gave full backing to the sitting AD…and took flak for it retrospectively. When that went sour, she QUICKLY hired one of the top AD’s and let him work. I remember the chaos surrounding Cheek, so I know what a bad chancellor looks like.

People need to calm down. If you thought that after one season we would win more battles head to head in recruiting against the big 4 (Bama, UGA, OSU, and Clemson) then you were being delusional. It's a big step to win a few of them, and finish second in several others. We have secured the best in-state prospect, and arguably the best QB in the nation already. We are still in it for a few other top 100 players. We will have a nice class with some potential program changers. Our coaches have also shown the ability to develop players. That's something we haven't seen around here in a long time. The culture has also done a 180 degree turn and the kids want to work hard and play hard for this staff. It sucks not competing for championships, I know, but that was never going to happen overnight. Barnes and Vitello didn't win SEC titles immediately. I also know asking Vol fans to have any amount of patience (with a new staff) is pointless as well. The needle is moving in the right direction, and it's happening faster than what we REALISTICALLY thought one year ago.
Exactly. This should be very clear. The hand wringing is insane right now.

Recruiting for this class is faaaaaar from over. I mean we landed Pearce, JWT and West literally in the 11th hour last year.

Unless we suck on the field we will have no worse than a top 15 class.

What special power does she have? When she was hired she gave full backing to the sitting AD…and took flak for it retrospectively. When that went sour, she QUICKLY hired one of the top AD’s and let him work. I remember the chaos surrounding Cheek, so I know what a bad chancellor looks like.
yeah, there was some damage control needed.....then more damage control needed. the hire made for DW was a great one up to this point, and it's hard to argue that TN atheltics aren't better off today than 5 years ago, hell 2 years ago.

so she wants to keep our nose clean. ok....we've seen how not doing that has worked out for us, so sue her for doing something different, for the sake of getting an different result. call me crazy, but so far...so good?

Exactly. This should be very clear. The hand wringing is insane right now.

Recruiting for this class is faaaaaar from over. I mean we landed Pearce, JWT and West literally in the 11th hour last year.

Unless we suck on the field we will have no worse than a top 15 class.

We better hit top 10. That’s what we need.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back