Name, Image, Likeness (NIL) Lady Vols Basketball

I saw something on twitter. I guess I get it but hopefully something is in the works. Jordy made a mistake (although in HS) she learned and we all love her! I wanna support BK so if she does get signed i will support her (and the rest of the ladies of course).
I won’t buy another thing from OMD until BK is signed. She has her in the poster for camp and the autograph signing but won’t even do shirts for her! The kid made a mistake but obviously Kellie forgave her and gave her a second chance. Jordan’s mishap happened during summer school not in high school. Obviously Spyre pulled out when Terri took over and I don’t like the control she has over these girls. One minute she’s struggling to sponsor a couple of kids and the next minute she’s sponsored the whole team and left BK out and when you have multiple people asking when can you get a BK signature shirt, she doesn’t even have the courtesy to respond! It’s total BS!

I won’t buy another thing from OMD until BK is signed. She has her in the poster for camp and the autograph signing but won’t even do shirts for her! The kid made a mistake but obviously Kellie forgave her and gave her a second chance. Jordan’s mishap happened during summer school not in high school. Obviously Spyre pulled out when Terri took over and I don’t like the control she has over these girls. One minute she’s struggling to sponsor a couple of kids and the next minute she’s sponsored the whole team and left BK out and when you have multiple people asking when can you get a BK signature shirt, she doesn’t even have the courtesy to respond! It’s total BS!

Wow! I guess I thought Jordys thing happened while in HS and it makes it that much worse that BK wasn't given anything! I hope someone picks her up for something so I can support her as well.

Can you give more details on Spyre pulling out? Do you mean they pulled out of the entire wbb program?

Are your sure that it was OMD's decision to not include Brooklyn?

Reactions: lvocd
I read an article on social media yesterday and the author equated responding and liking as "throwing darts at targets" based on perceptions.

Even if it isn't OMD decision not to include Brooklyn, OMD could respond with a simple statement that lets fans know that it was not her decision and that it is BKs choice (if you are wondering if that is the case).

Even if it isn't OMD decision not to include Brooklyn, OMD could respond with a simple statement that lets fans know that it was not her decision and that it is BKs choice (if you are wondering if that is the case).

That wouldn't be OMD's business to share.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Yes, they said they were waiting to see what happened in court, but it’s been 2 months and nothing. Met her at the Stanford game and was wearing one of her shirts and she was pretty rude. Hate to do it to the rest of the girls, but I won’t buy anything else until she’s signed and I’m not the only one. My biggest thing is, she can be added to the camp poster and autograph signing that’s sponsored by OMD, but she won’t do shirts for her. She won’t respond when you ask her when BK will have shirts either

from an ESPN feature article on Jonquil Jones and marketing

The rise of NIL, which allows collegiate players to monetize their followings, may exacerbate some of these issues at earlier stages of athletes' careers. According to Opendorse, a company that works with 120 schools to connect athletes with brands, 49.9% of total NIL compensation went to football, followed by men's basketball (17.0%). Women's basketball was third with 15.7%. Overall, the largest revenue-generating activity across sports was posting content on social media (34.2%). But in terms of total NIL activities by sport (posts, appearances, etc.), women's basketball ranked No. 8 at 4.5%, meaning relatively few players made most of the money.

You know not what you are talking about! What exactly did Spyre supposedly pull out of? They are the University’s NIL collective which includes women’s basketball. Quit trashing Terri and the great work that she is doing to promote Lady Vol sports and assist Lady Vol athletes. If you don’t think Terri is doing enough, why don’t you open up your checkbook and sponsor some kids?

NIL deals are contracts between the player and a business, and no one but the involved parties are entitled to any of the details! Conversely, if a business makes a decision to not sponsor a particular athlete, said business owes no one an explanation as to why they are not sponsoring them! You people who feel like you are entitled to every detail never cease to amaze me! Y’all are probably the same ones who were demanding that the University divulge injury details on players.
Join the Boost-Her Club if you’re truly interested in helping LV athletes! There are multiple levels of memberships, and I would expect most people could find one that is palatable to their financial situation.

I'm happy OMD got some good press and that readers got a little more insight into what's happening.

The Boost (Her) Club will be a BFD going forward, for sure, but that doesn't mean other businesses or entities can't also reach out to offer contracts to whomever they choose. OMD was solid in getting the ball rolling for Lady Vol athletes, and hopefully these initial deals are just the beginning of great things to come.

Like I mentioned before, the good thing is that Tennessee really was smarter and quicker than just about every other state in working this out. The early bird gets the worm!

Reactions: EarlVolFan
My wish, probably naive af, is that NIL be separated from recruiting. Deals only made after a recruit is enrolled. Recruits can still consider what deals current players are getting in making their decision, but NIL should not be used as direct monetary enticement to recruiting IMO.

Of course at this point I'm happy if the Ladies get anything at all. Thrilled for their shirtzees or whtever. They're on a whole different planet than that new quarterback the Vols just recruited/bought.
that would kill any motivation for the nil agents to pay what the kid could get if he deals before committing. that takes all the competition out of the bargaining.

A rambling response and question for the more knowledgeable:
The Forbes article posed on the 2023 recruitment threat. One significant take-away was that companies with products to market support young women who are followed by females their age and younger. (other population segments for sure ) The companies recognize young women are on social media as followers in great numbers. The two UConn players with mega deals, are a combination of the team's brand, the prosperous physical location and a player who as a freshman got the media attention.
The Lady Vols have the national name brand and a large fan base but what is the LV social media recognition?
Three significant one of a kind strengths: - the annual SEC wide game re Pat's foundation, the introduction of the LV blue legacy uniforms, and the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
I'm sure many of you are much more NIL literate than I - what can you provide on the marketing strategies for the LV team/family as well as for particular players?

A rambling response and question for the more knowledgeable:
The Forbes article posed on the 2023 recruitment threat. One significant take-away was that companies with products to market support young women who are followed by females their age and younger. (other population segments for sure ) The companies recognize young women are on social media as followers in great numbers. The two UConn players with mega deals, are a combination of the team's brand, the prosperous physical location and a player who as a freshman got the media attention.
The Lady Vols have the national name brand and a large fan base but what is the LV social media recognition?
Three significant one of a kind strengths: - the annual SEC wide game re Pat's foundation, the introduction of the LV blue legacy uniforms, and the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
I'm sure many of you are much more NIL literate than I - what can you provide on the marketing strategies for the LV team/family as well as for particular players?
Looks like something big is on the horizon! This lady represents Altius Sports Management 👀

VN Store

Back