Tennessee vs Lsu

Honestly, there’s all this talk about how intimidating an environment LSU is and how tough it is to win there, and don’t get me wrong, it will be tough for UT to win there. But I’ve seen a decent amount of mediocre teams go in there and win lately. Arkansas, Auburn, Miss State, etc.

CBS has Oct 8 scheduled as their double header primetime weekend. They have a game at 3:30 and then 8. I don’t necessarily know that CBS would put us at 3:30, or if there are spots available on ESPN or SECN that night. I can almost guarantee that Bama and Texas A&M will be the primetime game. It actually may have already been confirmed . Auburn vs UGA is that day too, so that could be more attractive to be the 3:30 game. Florida vs Mizzou has noon kick written all over, USCjr and UK play and Arkansas vs Miss St could be intriguing. Right now I’d guess we’re the 3rd most coveted SEC game that weekend. That might put us at night.
As someone going to the game, and to Baton Rouge for the first time, a night game sounds awesome. That said, I think lsu home night games are probably the hardest games to win against them.

As someone going to the game, and to Baton Rouge for the first time, a night game sounds awesome. That said, I think lsu home night games are probably the hardest games to win against them.
I’ve never been. I was supposed to go in 2005, but Hurricanes changed that plan. Going to a night game down there is something I’d definitely like to experience. Everyone says That’s just one of those college football bucket list things people need to experience if you really love the sport.

I really think we can win that game, but I would definitely like our chances more during the daylight.

Honestly, there’s all this talk about how intimidating an environment LSU is and how tough it is to win there, and don’t get me wrong, it will be tough for UT to win there. But I’ve seen a decent amount of mediocre teams go in there and win lately. Arkansas, Auburn, Miss State, etc.
In the old days, we had a very good record against LSU, but then it turned in the 2007 SEC championship game when a new QB came off the bench and killed us in the 2nd half. I was at the LSU Tennessee game when we beat the #1 ranked Tigers and Billy Cannon in Knoxville. What a game.

In the old days, we had a very good record against LSU, but then it turned in the 2007 SEC championship game when a new QB came off the bench and killed us in the 2nd half. I was at the LSU Tennessee game when we beat the #1 ranked Tigers and Billy Cannon in Knoxville. What a game.
We still somehow have the best record of any sec school against lsu at 20 wins 10 losses and 3 ties despite losing 5 in a row. It feels that all of those 10 losses came since 2000 as well

CBS has Oct 8 scheduled as their double header primetime weekend. They have a game at 3:30 and then 8. I don’t necessarily know that CBS would put us at 3:30, or if there are spots available on ESPN or SECN that night. I can almost guarantee that Bama and Texas A&M will be the primetime game. It actually may have already been confirmed . Auburn vs UGA is that day too, so that could be more attractive to be the 3:30 game. Florida vs Mizzou has noon kick written all over, USCjr and UK play and Arkansas vs Miss St could be intriguing. Right now I’d guess we’re the 3rd most coveted SEC game that weekend. That might put us at night.
Florida vs Mizzou will be aired on Jefferson Pilot.

We still somehow have the best record of any sec school against lsu at 20 wins 10 losses and 3 ties despite losing 5 in a row. It feels that all of those 10 losses came since 2000 as well

LSU was a mediocre at best program with a few good years in the 50’s until 2001.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back