‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Sounds like people were lied to. Bob_Vols and Matts seemed certain he was a Vol. Either that or something changed in the last few days.
They can only pass on what they hear directly or indirectly from those in the know. Sounds like Tate stayed positive and connected with both staffs. If the kid is giving good vibes to both sides, you can't do anything about that.

If he picks OSU, I hope all the UT podcasts and YouTube folks say that OSU "dropped a bigger bag" to get him. Set the narrative. You know that's what the OSU folks are going to be screaming if he picks UT.

Reactions: volinbama256
Sounds like people were lied to. Bob_Vols and Matts seemed certain he was a Vol. Either that or something changed in the last few days.

Seems like the ongoing trend at UT.... guys/coaches have been told/assured one thing, and then when it comes down to it, the kid goes elsewhere... countless times...

If he picks OSU, I hope all the UT podcasts and YouTube folks say that OSU "dropped a bigger bag" to get him. Set the narrative. You know that's what the OSU folks are going to be screaming if he picks UT.
I've seen OSU fans say "Ohio State doesn't pay for recruits" like the whole Ewers thing didn't just happen. Ridiculous.

Yeah I feel we led up until most recently. Hartline recruiting and development plus Ohio St. success and I'm sure they still put together a nice NIL package for him may have sealed the deal. Obviously hope we get him, but looks like he'll be a buckeye.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I will be disappointed because the Hartline thing looks like a set up. Good luck to him but it will be awhile for him to get in the field. He’s trolling us or them and I don’t like things handled that way.
The message that Ohio State has been putting in Tate articles/posts is that they've been launching WRs into the 1st round, they have great guys this year that they expect to go pro, so they'll need a great haul of WRs to make up for those losses.

They're expecting to take 4 WR, Hartline is swinging for the fences on two 5-stars. Obviously telling them both that he'll need one or both to start as early as true frosh, but definitely both starters by soph year. Will be treated like kings nonetheless, and media and scouts all over them because of the OSU pedigree.

Not that I agree or disagree with those statements, it's the consistent language that I've seen in their material about Tate and interviews with Hartline.

VN Store

Back