NCAA Investigation

onevol74

What is going on with this? Are teams negatively recruiting because this is still hanging over us?

Don't have any inside scoop on the investigation but you can bet opposing coaches are using it. Recruiting is a cut-throat business. Hyp and company seem to be doing a good job of negating it as I am not aware of any recruits we have lost due to that reason but again no specific knowledge on that.

What is going on with this? Are teams negatively recruiting because this is still hanging over us?
The scholarship reductions hurt more than anything. We got some **** you money to throw at croots now.

Last edited:
If it contributing to negative recruiting it is a major concern.

Yep. Until the NCAA and the school reach a final conclusion on it, it will be an issue if for no other reason than other schools can continue to put it out there. I think part of the NCAA process is to allow these things to linger so as to inflict some level of pain on the school, especially if they are not going to be able to really put any penalties in place.

NCAA can come down on a singer and deny him the opportunity to sing the national anthem in only a couple of days but takes years to rule on a nothing burger now with NIL. Yeah, they are still so relevant.

Considering that the NCAA was including in the internal process every step of the way its a non factor
Agree -my summation is that head man Danny White has been working behind the scenes and being ultra-transparent with the NCAA. When things are settled, it will amount to " time served"

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Considering that the NCAA was including in the internal process every step of the way its a non factor
We haven't received a notice of the allegations so until that day comes I'm not sure why you'd consider it a non factor. NCAA can still make discoveries independent of the internal investigation...

Agree -my summation is that head man Danny White has been working behind the scenes and being ultra-transparent with the NCAA. When things are settled, it will amount to " time served"
I have no reason to believe the NCAA will rule reasonably on anything at this point. But I like your optimism!

Shouldn't a school get some slack from the NCAA, if they fired the offending coaches? They should go after them, and consider that the university has already corrected the problem.

When you play some computer games, like first person shooters or PvP MMOs, world of tanks, stuff like that...some times, you get stuck and just need to cower. You're down to like 10% health, bleeding slowly out, there's no more good you can really do, you'd just like to survive a while longer.

That's the NCAA today. And as far into the future as any of us can predict. They're beaten, bleeding, perilously near the chasm of death, and cowering.

The high school players being recruited into colleges may not ponder the NCAA's condition. They may not have thought any of this through. But they play computer games. They instinctively know that feeling. They know it in other people when they see it. And so I think they realize, even if only subconsciously, that the NCAA is not a real concern at this point. Not for Tennessee or anyone else.

So sure, our rivals are probably trying to use the open-ended nature of the investigation against us. But I don't think it will resonate very much.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back