Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Could you imagine traffic and Broadway for a World Cup game in Nashville?

I get it would bring a ton of money into the city, but it would be a nightmare for the residents and city

Last edited:
Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

I get it would bring a ton of money into the city, but it was be a nightmare for the residents and city
I still come into my downtown office most weekdays. The number of downtown office workers, including government, has shrunk significantly. People won’t come back to the office if they can telecommute. Sadly, a lot of the mom and pop restaurants and bodegas that catered to downtown office workers are shutting down after having survived the pandemic because their customer base just isn’t there. Mostly, people come downtown to play. I assume that for WC, they would close broadway from the river to 7th, maybe 8th. They usually close it to 5th for any large event downtown.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
What a shame. The city will bankrupt itself to hang onto a football team that is headed into another decade-long rebuild and we lost out on a once in a lifetime opportunity. Congrats to KC.

Reactions: give_him 6

I get it would bring a ton of money into the city, but it was be a nightmare for the residents and city

That’s why I live 25 min south of downtown and work from home 😂

Nashville traffic already sucks. World Cup would be like CMA Fest on crack. Straight gridlock.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
That’s why I live 25 min south of downtown and work from home 😂

Nashville traffic already sucks. World Cup would be like CMA Fest on crack. Straight gridlock.

Santa Clara will be funny. Levi’s is in a terrible location access wise. I went to the first event there which was a Quakes match. Parked in an office park parking lot. When leaving, pulled out of my spot and then didn’t move an inch for an hour and 15 minutes.

Been plenty since then, but would go to the bar at the golf course and have a beer until traffic died down.

Santa Clara will be funny. Levi’s is in a terrible location access wise. I went to the first event there which was a Quakes match. Parked in an office park parking lot. When leaving, pulled out of my spot and then didn’t move an inch for an hour and 15 minutes.

Been plenty since then, but would go to the bar at the golf course and have a beer until traffic died down.

San Jose area has a rail system right? Have to think the majority of the traffic will be non-residents who will mostly be using public transportation to get to the games and around the city. The traffic that is around the stadium would be mostly Ubers/Lyfts I would think.

San Jose area has a rail system right? Have to think the majority of the traffic will be non-residents who will mostly be using public transportation to get to the games and around the city. The traffic that is around the stadium would be mostly Ubers/Lyfts I would think.

It is a light rail and it is used more now. But it can be quite a wait. I know they will dial it in. But, they do have a great area for tailgating. Went to a Mexican National team game there and the parking lots had great parties.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
I know many cannot stand City but thought I'd share. Taking the wife, kids and my nephew to England for New Years. We are going to City vs Everton on New Years Eve. Next day we will tour Old Trafford and Anfield. Headed to Kensington, London on Tuesday and watching City away at Chelsea. Will also go see as many stadiums around London big and small before heading back. My kids both play and are heading into Junior Year. Dream trip for us!

I know many cannot stand City but thought I'd share. Taking the wife, kids and my nephew to England for New Years. We are going to City vs Everton on New Years Eve. Next day we will tour Old Trafford and Anfield. Headed to Kensington, London on Tuesday and watching City away at Chelsea. Will also go see as many stadiums around London big and small before heading back. My kids both play and are heading into Junior Year. Dream trip for us!
You know 1/2 the dates of those games will be changed either a day or two before or after for TV.

That’s awesome! Hope y’all enjoy yourselves the whole trip.. just hope the result isn’t in your favor at Stamford Bridge 🙃

That's cool AF

Congrats on all this, you're going to have a blast. If you need any tips planning this, or need suggestions for what to do in London, I'm more than happy to help. A couple things off the top of my head... If you can find time to go watch a game at Fulham, do it. As a neutral, best day out in England IMO. Also, if you're going to Liverpool, I know touring Anfield is tempting, but consider doing the Everton tour as well/instead. It's literally right across the park, and the staff that run it are absolutely wonderful. Plus, if you ever go back in the future, Anfield will still be there. Goodison likely won't.

Finally. Big time fail on the Lukaku saga for Chelsea, but thankfully he’s on his way back to Inter. Will be a year loan with another year loan next year and then presumably buy him after that… if he performs at least. Inter covering all wages, and a lot of the fee isn’t on the new books as the debt was written off in the club sale. Probably the best solution for all parties. Chelsea gets Lukaku off the books after a huge fail of a transfer and Inter gets Lukaku but has to pay his wages.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Congrats on all this, you're going to have a blast. If you need any tips planning this, or need suggestions for what to do in London, I'm more than happy to help. A couple things off the top of my head... If you can find time to go watch a game at Fulham, do it. As a neutral, best day out in England IMO. Also, if you're going to Liverpool, I know touring Anfield is tempting, but consider doing the Everton tour as well/instead. It's literally right across the park, and the staff that run it are absolutely wonderful. Plus, if you ever go back in the future, Anfield will still be there. Goodison likely won't.
We will absolutely hit Goodison. We prefer the blue sides of cities.

The day or just the times?
Both

The Premier League works with broadcasters and the Football Supporters’ Association to try to give as much notice around fixture amendments as possible. As a minimum, it aims to alert supporters of changes based on TV scheduling at least six weeks before the match is due to take place.

VN Store

Back