As Vols fans we really could have used the win yesterday

As a program, we have just been struggling with disappointment for a long time.

It hasn't helped that this postseason has been exceptional rough on Vols fans in nearly every sport.

I feel like the athletic program is going in the right direction and perhaps this is the reason we are being let down.

The elephant in the room is football. We have struggled for so long in that sport and it has just cast a shadow over our athletic program. During the SEC discussions about Oklahoma/Texas, it seems like we were second fiddle versus programs like Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, and LSU who have had more success for the SEC than we have had as a program.

Our name was once in the Elite. Perhaps Danny White and these excellent coaches we have will get us back to prominence.

Great Job to Vols Baseball team. Rough way to go out and unfortunately the wound reminds me a lot of the Michigan loss in Basketball but let's try to learn and move forward next year. I feel like our breakthrough years in Baseball and Basketball are going to come in seasons where we are very low seed, low attention.

UT just won the SEC All-Sports trophy for the 1st time in a LONG time! That is QUITE a big deal in this conference. I think White Dan has us heading in the right direction. We're ALREADY bringing home banners! Everyone bitching about not winning an NC makes me laugh. We DOMINATED the best baseball conference in the USA... won BOTH the regular season AND tourney championships... destroyed numerous conference and national offensive and pitching records... but some STILL aren't satisfied. My suggestion for you is to simply STOP watching sports. If your only enjoyment is when your team wins an NC... you'll be disappointed way more than not. GO VOLS!!

Last edited:
Tennessee is going to have to win these clutch type of games.

But maybe in general it's because not enough experience or team leaders on these squads.

No that’s certainly not it. Many of these guys were in Omaha last year and there were plenty of veteran leaders to go around. They just got outplayed when it counted.

Tennessee lost the game. We can't go back and play it online. Let it go. All of these after-the-fact prognosticators are not the business. Not even cute anymore. Just ridiculous at this point.... We were never guaranteed to win the CWS.. Never. And not making it there is NOT a failure. If you need more help, let me know. I'm here for you....

Yeah, we could have used the win, but just think about how all that penned up jealousy, envy, and hatred of the Vols was finally lanced and the bile has flowed freely. It was definitely unhealthy for all the non-Vols.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I would love to know if there is another school out there that loses as much in national tournament settings as the higher seed than Tennessee. I can’t imagine there is.
Well, isn't this a clue that we're all just reacting emotionally? We whine over lack of respect from ESPN and Finebaum, and we also whine that we lose to lower seeds.

This is the curse of television-driven postseason tournament play--everybody is a loser but one.

The joy of football bowls was that you had a dozen winners, and plenty to debate about your team's relative merits. You younger fans have no idea how rich sports life was back in the day before media saturation.

UT just won the SEC All-Sports trophy for the 1st time in a LONG time! That is QUITE a big deal in this conference. I think White Dan has us heading in the right direction. We're ALREADY bringing home banners! Everyone bitching about not winning an NC makes me laugh. We DOMINATED the best baseball conference in the USA... won BOTH the regular season AND tourney championships... destroyed numerous conference and national offensive and pitching records... but some STILL aren't satisfied. My suggestion for you is to simply STOP watching sports. If your only enjoyment is when your team wins an NC... you'll be disappointed way more than not. GO VOLS!!

We really did NOT advance in the tournament that defines the real champion.

We can dominate the BEST conference as you stated but can't win a best of 3 with an average ACC team from up North.

Apparently, we were lucky to not play Notre Dame in the regular season.

Well, isn't this a clue that we're all just reacting emotionally? We whine over lack of respect from ESPN and Finebaum, and we also whine that we lose to lower seeds.

This is the curse of television-driven postseason tournament play--everybody is a loser but one.

The joy of football bowls was that you had a dozen winners, and plenty to debate about your team's relative merits. You younger fans have no idea how rich sports life was back in the day before media saturation.

What is emotional about referring to results that historically show TN OFTEN loses to lower seeds?

I get what you’re saying and agree most of the time. When the team was as dominant and talented as UT, saying not making Omaha is an underachievement isn’t being unrealistic. It’s not out of the realm of reasonableness to think we had a greater than coin flip chance to win it all. It’s completely fine to base reasonable expectations on the performance and talent level of the team. Had we expected last year’s team to make Omaha or be disappointed, that would have been unrealistic. This team and probably next year-not so.

Reactions: Tenacjim

VN Store

Back