The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Honestly it’s starting to feel like a bunch of football fans started infiltrating the baseball forum.
Nah, they are trolls and chumps.

Every time someone has called out a troll here late this afternoon, on my screen they were talking to air. 😂 In other words, they are calling out the very same chumps, trolls, and wannabes that I had previously ignored in football threads for trolling.

I am a football first fan, and I really appreciate this forum, learned a lot, respected the space, and had a lot of fun. I know a lot of others did the same. A lot of knowledge here. And the Vol camaraderie cuts across whichever sport or sports are one's favorite.

Since true Vols football fans love the Vols, it is natural to gravitate to new sports. But this year in particular I saw pretty much the entire RF go in 100% for this team right before the first conference game. Now we hadn't won a single conference game at that moment. Well, by the end of the first series, the moxie of this team won this football fan's heart. I feel sorry for any fan who doesn't love these guys -- and as much this minute as first thing this morning.

Thanks to this board. Go Vols!

Maturity, discipline, and intelligence beat the Vols.
This is very true. Almost any other team, outside of the SEC, could’ve walked into LNS and been rattled by the moment and atmosphere.
GBO!!

Hard to imagine any other team coming into TN and knocking us off. ND came close to knocking off the eventual national champs in Starkville last year, and they returned 90% of that team. There was a reason they were 4th in rpi and 6th in the nation. There’s a huge part of me that wants to bemoan the fact that they should NEVER have been in our bracket as they were clearly under seeded. This was more of a CWS. matchup, but to win a title you got to beat the teams in front of you, and we didn’t.

This season? Most every Game. Every series but one. It's just a very sad commentary. That's all. Hate it for the PLAYERS. I'm just a spectator.
I’m talking about the best team in baseball. Tell me how many times the best team in baseball actually wins the entire thing. I’ll wait.

Hats off to ND. I hate them but we made mistakes and they took advantage. In no way does this game change my feelings for this team. As I've said before I'm a 48 year old UT grad who never cared about baseball until last year. I've never loved a team more than this one in any sport, and I cant wait til next year! The game threads in the baseball forum are as much fun as I've had on volnation this side of a football coaching search! GBO!!

Hard to imagine any other team coming into TN and knocking us off. ND came close to knocking off the eventual national champs in Starkville last year, and they returned 90% of that team. There was a reason they were 4th in rpi and 6th in the nation. There’s a huge part of me that wants to bemoan the fact that they should NEVER have been in our bracket as they were clearly under seeded. This was more of a CWS. matchup, but to win a title you got to beat the teams in front of you, and we didn’t.
Yeah, this will sound very convenient, but maybe college baseball should not try so hard for regional matchups and possibly reseed after regionals?
GBO!!

I guess @NO SIR EEE could go ahead and start a thread for next year’s game 1?
@mad4vols head may explode when we hit 7k post before 1st pitch, but I’m here for it!
GBO!!
We talked about starting a thread after the season ended. I think now would be a good time for @NO SIR EEE to start it.

info is below 👇

33FC8C70-5B37-49AE-8EED-D6D71B2E6762.jpeg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back