The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

She’s usually just mean when her team loses, this time she was sweet. First thing she said was “I don’t want it to be over. I’ve had so much fun watching this team with you”. That touched me a little.

Yep, my wife and kid both said, we aight. I about lost it, but they’re right.

We Awright!!! Legoooooooooooooo!

This just sucks. I feel for the fans who watched every inning of this season, I feel for the players, and I really feel for the players who won’t be back next year. Could praise, could gripe, but not in the mood for platitudes right now.

Will say this though, our fans not only didn’t leave in the ninth inning when we were down, but stayed and were standing, because they supported and believed in this team.

Love our team, and love our fans.

GO VOLS!!!

They have two natties in the last decade in the same sport we were hoping to win one in this year.

Yes of course their football sucks and will always suck, but they have no less hardware on the gridiron this century than we do…

Yeah but.....they're still Vandy. That's like -1000 cool points alone.

They have two natties in the last decade in the same sport we were hoping to win one in this year.

Yes of course their football sucks and will always suck, but they have no less hardware on the gridiron this century than we do…
and they’re pissed right now because they know their day is over.

The Braves were my first true love. The reason I fell in love with baseball. I was born in 1991 and was spoiled by them. I honestly couldn’t choose between the Vols (any sport) and the Braves. I bleed orange but I also bleed red, white and blue.

I have been a Braves fan since 1974 and have seen 2 World Series championships in my lifetime.........

It should be four because they should have won in 1991 and 1992.

It was a shame that Leyland threw a hissy fit and thwarted the Bonds trade to Atlanta.

That offense would have been a killer and helped Glavine, Maddux, Smoltie a lot.

I’m not sure how you can call this team undisciplined. We are an aggressive team and it worked all year long if you look at our stats. It’s not fair to look at one game and say, yeah, we’re undisciplined. Imo.

For me we bailed too many struggling pitchers out of innings when the disciplined thing to do would have been to take a few pitches especially early in the count. It’s a strategy and maybe that was the coaches decision but I think if we had pressed pitchers more we would have put up more runs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have been a Braves fan since 1974 and have seen 2 World Series championships in my lifetime.........

It was a shame that Leyland threw a hissy fit and thwarted the Bonds trade to Atlanta.

That offense would have been a killer and helped Glavine, Maddux, Smoltie a lot.
Great lesson. Some fantastic Regular seasons teams. It takes some luck to win in the post season.

Yes I remember reading about that fiasco. Just think, Bonds would’ve never taken PEDs had he come to Atlanta 😜

Great season that ended too soon. Can’t fault them much for leaving the pitcher in. He still looked strong to me. Too many errors and lack of timely hitting with RISP will get you beat. THE Lipscomb error in particular was a killer. Should have gotten out of the inning only down one. Left ND in the game too long and they finally took advantage. Credit to Notre Dame for not giving up.

My 19 year old son who played national travel ball and gave up sports to concentrate on school work told me they were cocky and undisciplined but of course he still loves his VOLS. Just wants to see more discipline especially when at Bat.

All of the greatest in nearly every sport remained grounded / humble. Our beloved Baseball Vols were neither. Speaking of discipline at bat, I told my son they were so eager to smack one out of the park they continually helped the pitcher by playing golf instead of taking the walk.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
I’m just trying to have a conversation with you without going on a scavenger hunt about what someone else said somewhere else.

You made a statement. Defend it without calling on someone else’s post to help you out.

The middle finger and cussing at the umps.

Reactions: Titan05
For me we bailed too many struggling pitchers out of innings when the disciplined thing to do would have been to take a few pitches especially early in the count. It’s a strategy and maybe that was the coaches decision but I think if we had pressed pitchers more we would have put up more runs.
Again, it’s easy to say that after a loss. But if you look at the numbers our offense put up all year it’s hard to complain.

He’s right. And I appreciate him owning it. Love Tony.
Yep and just because you make a change don't mean it will work. He could have put Joyce in and still given up 2 home runs. I know he wasn't available today and even if he was. Anytime something goes bad doesn't mean what ever you do will change the outcome.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It hurts. It's a sad ending, but this program has come a long way. I remember watching teams lose to ETSU consistently.. I remember watching a runner run backwards heading to first against Miss St so a run can score so they can win one more game on the final Sunday of the regular season just to make it to Hoover. I remember watchespn not being a thing and you had to either listen or watch the live stats to follow the games. I remember our coaches having to push the one quality arm we had to 130+ pitches constantly to get that one win in a weekend. It hurts it hurts a lot but this program, getting to watch this team. This was special.

Yep. I remember after Delmonico and the era of Todd "He Who Will Not Be Named" Raleigh going into each season hoping we'd make Hoover, much less a regional. And then that carried over to the hugely disappointing regime of Serrano.

I mean before TV got here I was thinking SEC baseball was so high level that I was afraid Tennessee was never going to compete for titles again.

I don’t care how many Natties Vandy has or doesn’t. Lmao. They will never be on Tennessees level in anything. Ever. Period. Simple concept. This weekend just showed you the best team probably hardly even wins the national championship. Mississippi State wasn’t even close to the best team last year. Let’s be real. Our record don’t lie. People deep down know who the best team of the year will go down as. Let the little phony school hold their championship at the End of the season.

All of the greatest in nearly every sport remained grounded / humble. Our beloved Baseball Vols were neither. Speaking of discipline at bat, I told my son they were so eager to smack one out of the park they continually helped the pitcher by playing golf instead of taking the walk.
Not true. The Braves motto last season was “We are those MFs”

The majority of great players/teams have some kind of arrogance or ego about them or they wouldn’t be great.

VN Store

Back