The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Honestly it's starting to feel like we have a segment of puritans Vol fans who were just waiting for this to happen so they can clutch their pearls at how this team acted.
Honestly it’s starting to feel like a bunch of football fans started infiltrating the baseball forum.

I echo those thoughts.
It hurts. It's a sad ending, but this program has come a long way. I remember watching teams lose to ETSU consistently.. I remember watching a runner run backwards heading to first against Miss St so a run can score so they can win one more game on the final Sunday of the regular season just to make it to Hoover. I remember watchespn not being a thing and you had to either listen or watch the live stats to follow the games. I remember our coaches having to push the one quality arm we had to 130+ pitches constantly to get that one win in a weekend. It hurts it hurts a lot but this program, getting to watch this team. This was special.

I don’t know what’s worse- following the thread today and knowing the outcome, or having to break the news to my 7 y/o son who loves baseball and absolutely loves the Vols in all things. It was a kick in the gut to have to tell him the season is over. We’ve had some good times riding around in the truck and listening to the Vol Network.
I guess I’ll go out in the yard and we’ll throw a few later, but this one is gonna take a little while to heal.
That said, I am encouraged by the success and direction in all the sports by the Big Orange. I have been a fan since I was little, attended my first game at Neyland almost 30 years ago. It sure feels good to have a positive vibe around the athletic program again. I love that the coaches, players, staff, recruits, and administration are all-in committed. I look forward to what the future holds, and am thankful that we are one step closer to fall and Football Time in Tennessee.
GB🍊

Last edited:
I told my son the same thing. They were cocky and undisciplined.

My 19 year old son who played national travel ball and gave up sports to concentrate on school work told me they were cocky and undisciplined but of course he still loves his VOLS. Just wants to see more discipline especially when at Bat.

Reactions: VolRage
Yeah, don't do that. My dad made fun of me crying when we lost the 72 Bama football game. I was 16 and hated his guts for years.

Man, I was doing ok until I looked over and saw my son tearing up and trying to hide it, that really got me and I couldn’t help but follow suit.

Then people would complain about taking out the hot hand. Not saying I disagree. Personally, after twice through the lineup I would have brought in Beam to go at most twice through the lineup. Keep the hitters off balance so they can't time one up.
Yep they keyed in on Burns some and aided by needless errors by our infield which has been occurring the last 4 games. Had we made Omaha we'd never have won it because of the infield errors primarily. Live and learn. We can field a good team next year. Need a top-of the line catcher.

My 19 year old son who played national travel ball and gave up sports to concentrate on school work told me they were cocky and undisciplined but of course he still loves his VOLS. Just wants to see more discipline especially when at Bat.
I’m not sure how you can call this team undisciplined. We are an aggressive team and it worked all year long if you look at our stats. It’s not fair to look at one game and say, yeah, we’re undisciplined. Imo.

You should’ve told her it could always be worse, we could be Vanderbilt fans 🤣
They have two natties in the last decade in the same sport we were hoping to win one in this year.

Yes of course their football sucks and will always suck, but they have no less hardware on the gridiron this century than we do…

It hurts. It's a sad ending, but this program has come a long way. I remember watching teams lose to ETSU consistently.. I remember watching a runner run backwards heading to first against Miss St so a run can score so they can win one more game on the final Sunday of the regular season just to make it to Hoover. I remember watchespn not being a thing and you had to either listen or watch the live stats to follow the games. I remember our coaches having to push the one quality arm we had to 130+ pitches constantly to get that one win in a weekend. It hurts it hurts a lot but this program, getting to watch this team. This was special.

Great perspective. Last year's trip to Omaha could have been an anomaly. We turned that into a special season and a $65 million commitment to facilities. Tony and staff have built a perennial power. We will get to enjoy that for years to come.

VN Store

Back