The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

It's tough to see the season end with one of your only two series losses coming at this time. But that's baseball. Here's hoping they'll be just as good next year - lots of holes to fill, but a lot of promise in the dugout. Great season....fun watch, definitely made it worthwhile.

Thanks to ALL of VOLNATION for allowing me to partake in the mid week & weekend game threads.

I love the TN Vols & appreciate all of you. I hope I was able to provide some interesting commentary on this board and respect every opinion of every poster.

GO VOLS!

The baseball forum doesn't shut down just because the season is over.. just so ya know.

I wish Anderson was in the dugout to manage the pitchers that 7th inning.

I think I can guarantee every Vol fan watching, male or female, old or young, knowledgable or baseball stupid thought that Burns should have come out after that home run. We may have all been wrong but thats what we all thought.

I have to tip my hat to Notre Dame. They executed and took advantage of our mistakes when it mattered the most. I'm heartbroken for our guys. I know it's a tough, bitter pill to swallow for them and us. but if anything else, if not in Omaha, at least we ended our season at LNS.

It's been a season with so many fun memories. I know it's not what anyone here wanted, but it was still memorable. This season exceeded my expectations beyond anything I could imagine headed into the season. I really enjoyed sharing it with y'all here at the Volnation baseball forum. Thank you.

I'm still incredibly proud of our players and staff. They gave us one heck of a ride. Much love to all of them. Coach V still has this program on an upward trajectory. This program isn't going anywhere. Future is bright.

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
Fun season but not getting to Omaha is a HUGE L for Vitello and this team! Absolutely disappointing ending.
Being No.1 in the country 90% of the season....Winning the regular SEC and tournament SEC Championships....Getting the No.1 seed in the NCAA's and losing 2 of 3 to unseeded ND at home leaves a bad taste....Losing at the CWS is one thing but losing like that at home is another....JMO

They played a great regular season and a very poor post season. Tidwell started things off, Gilbert added flame and Lawson/Lipscomb burned what was left. They looked like little leaguers in the field today, the bats went silent after the 3rd inning. ND played like it was do or die taking out any pitcher who faltered in any way. I guess we have a different approach to elimination game pitching? Well, watched a lot of good game, off to next season.

ND started a guy who was a midweek starter and basically a reliever. We started our Friday night go who went like 8-1 with less than a 3.00 ERA. Totally different. Burns was dealing until the 7th. I can understand the argument to take him out after the first HR. Not before then.

Hard loss. Outcoached. Outplayed. Learning to win post season is tough. They definitely deserved better even though they didn’t show it today.

Coaching…the most tired explanation on this board.

We got outplayed…they fielded and hit the ball, and we didn’t. Coaching had very little to do with it.

Winning it all in Tourney sports require a lot of luck bro. The way pur team plays and some of the angics do not help in some cases. This was a very fun team to watch. Sure it hurts and its not what we expected. Music City Bowl was a ***** robbery. We will get where we wanna be again. I believe this team may be a better hitting team next season although maybe not as many dongs. We have some speed/ pitching and some power coming back. It was a great run and congrats to the Vols
Be ready to tailgate with me in a few months

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!

Is this a serious post?

I think I can guarantee every Vol fan watching, male or female, old or young, knowledgable or baseball stupid thought that Burns should have come out after that home run. We may have all been wrong but thats what we all thought.
I thought he should have come out after the ground rule double, but thats just me!!!

Reactions: Rizzo924 and Bryan1
Being No.1 in the country 90% of the season....Winning the regular SEC and tournament SEC Championships....Getting the No.1 seed in the NCAA's and losing 2 of 3 to unseeded ND at home leaves a bad taste....Losing at the CWS is one thing but losing like that at home is another....JMO
It’s baseball. Look at what happened to the past 22 no. 1 seeds. It was a great year. Sec regular season AND tournament champs in arguably the best conference in baseball.

I disagree whole heartedly with HOW Vitello handled Burns. Sometimes its when you show up or the comments made that piss people off and label you
I do believe that what cost us the game is our pitching coach getting thrown out of the game. I know hindsight is always perfect but asst. pitching coach had taken the starting pitcher out when he started to struggle it could have been a different story. Especially with all of the big arms he had in the dugout. We will never know.

VN Store

Back