Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

We got her to jump in it last night. She was scared at first and held onto me with a death grip. But after a few minutes she calmed down and seemed to enjoy it. I held her under her belly and guided her around a little as she learned to dog paddle. She's always been kind of afraid of water if it's deeper than her ankles lol. We are trying to acclimate her slowly.

We got her to jump in it last night. She was scared at first and held onto me with a death grip. But after a few minutes she calmed down and seemed to enjoy it. I held her under her belly and guided her around a little as she learned to dog paddle. She's always been kind of afraid of water if it's deeper than her ankles lol. We are trying to acclimate her slowly.
I bought a hard plastic toddler wading pool for my Golden Retriever her first summer as an adult. I’d come home from work to find her doing her best impression of an alligator, nothing but eyes and nostrils above water.

(This was nearly 45 years ago…)

I bought a hard plastic toddler wading pool for my Golden Retriever her first summer as an adult. I’d come home from work to find her doing her best impression of an alligator, nothing but eyes and nostrils above water.

(This was nearly 45 years ago…)
hahaha. That's hilarious. I hope we can help her to enjoy the water. I would love to take her kayaking with me.

A Poem for Ellie

Ellie your gone, but not forgotten
I loved you dearly, you were 14 nearly
You were my faithful companion, loyal and true
For thirteen years Ellie it was me and you

You guarded my property, my car and me
never afraid Ellie, you were brave you see
Now the porch is quiet, no pitter patter of paws
And no barks in the night sending a warning just because

Raisin came by today and spent time on the porch
missing you I am sure and the hunting and that sort
Well we will all miss you Ellie, your sweetness and calm
Your devotion and steadfastness all your days long.

Now rest sweet my angel, my true blue friend
My best bud, my companion Ellie, true to the end.

That is a beautiful memorial!

Reactions: Vjcvette
Rocky is the same way, and if it's a stream that has the tiniest movement, you can completely forget him going near it.

That is a beautiful memorial!
Thank you, it was from the heart, that is for sure. I also wrote a poem for one of my horses
when she died, I got her when I was 10 and she died when I was 44, so that was a long
time to have an animal. I also wrote one for a Chef that I used to date and about Jesus too....maybe I will post
them sometime, I think that I got that talent from my Dad because he has written poems
about me and other family members....

Thank you, it was from the heart, that is for sure. I also wrote a poem for one of my horses
when she died, I got her when I was 10 and she died when I was 44, so that was a long
time to have an animal. I also wrote one for a Chef that I used to date and about Jesus too....maybe I will post
them sometime, I think that I got that talent from my Dad because he has written poems
about me and other family members....

Post them! I know this is a dog thread...but: I find that putting feelings into words really helps. I wrote this in 1983, after 4 year relationship w GT guy ended.
I'm writing you this letter because I say it better on paper than I do face to face. I've tried hard to forget you but my mind and heart won't let you go. Your memory cannot be erased. I see you, though you're not really here. I touch you, though it's not reality. I love you and wonder if you think of me at all.

Post them! I know this is a dog thread...but: I find that putting feelings into words really helps. I wrote this in 1983, after 4 year relationship w GT guy ended.
I'm writing you this letter because I say it better on paper than I do face to face. I've tried hard to forget you but my mind and heart won't let you go. Your memory cannot be erased. I see you, though you're not really here. I touch you, though it's not reality. I love you and wonder if you think of me at all.
That is a really nice poem......here is one about my horse.....
1654909268577.jpegJumping.jpgMom and Princess at show.jpg

@Juanita
A Poem for Cheffy
The Shirt in my Closet
A shirt still hangs in my closet
Even though it is not one I wear

I guess its some how a comfort
Just knowing its hanging there

Some jeans folded neatly on the shelf
never to be worn again

Just a small reminder
Of things that could have been

I guess we keep things sometimes
We know will never fit

But a woman has hopes and dreams
that are sometimes hard to quit

So for now the shirt and jeans will stay there
even though they do not fit.

Vickie Jo

chefshirt2.jpgchef and vic.jpg

A Poem for Cheffy
The Shirt in my Closet
A shirt still hangs in my closet
Even though it is not one I wear

I guess its some how a comfort
Just knowing its hanging there

Some jeans folded neatly on the shelf
never to be worn again

Just a small reminder
Of things that could have been

I guess we keep things sometimes
We know will never fit

But a woman has hopes and dreams
that are sometimes hard to quit

So for now the shirt and jeans will stay there
even though they do not fit.

Vickie Jo

YOU are super talented!!

Just put this down on paper. A bit gross... but, I love limericks! Great brain exercise. Bawdy, too.

There once was a man named Kyler
Who owned a female Rottweiler.
The dog took a bite
Kyler lost the fight.
And, he ended up inside her.

VN Store

Back