'18 NY RB Ramon Jefferson (Sam Houston State transfer)

It may not be realistic to think that but stating flat out that he can’t do it isn’t realistic either. We just don’t know.
I think that I stated in my post that I wasn't saying that he couldn't do it. The kid is a physical specimen, but if you watched the videos from this spring, he looked like a freshman trying to find his footing. This is a big jump for even the most talented high school athletes. SEC football will definitely separate the men from the boys.

Crazy stat that I think ChattaVol posted a few weeks ago. Might need to recheck it. I don't think Whitehead had a single run for a loss last season. And he averaged more per carry than all other backs?

I always noticed he seemed to have massive holes to run through and remembered thinking, "If Jaylen Wright had that hole he would house it," but Wright never gets that hole🤷🏼‍♂️ idk if it's a Whitehead thing or a different blocking scheme, or deferent defensive scheme where they don't respect Whitehead as a back... but he gets yards. Slowly.
Not trying to discount Whitehead's stats, but he pretty much only played in trash time when we had defenses whipped, deflated, and gassed.

Not trying to discount Whitehead's stats, but he pretty much only played in trash time when we had defenses whipped, deflated, and gassed.
Yeah there must be a significant reason why we kept putting Jaylen Wright out there on short yardage instead of him

And that reason might be he really sucks...

On an OV to Kentucky right now. If Rodriguez is cleared, that's a scary RB room if he goes there
Rodriguez will probably be suspended for a couple games at worst def not the whole season.

Ramon will make them extremely deep. Hope we learn how to tackle by the time we play them or else they'll be converting 1 million third downs against us again.

Yeah there must be a significant reason why we kept putting Jaylen Wright out there on short yardage instead of him

And that reason might be he really sucks...
I have to come to the defense of Whitehead here. The kid was coming back from an injury that took 2 years to recover from. He also worked his a$$ of to come back. He may never be more than a back up, but no need for all that.

I have to come to the defense of Whitehead here. The kid was coming back from an injury that took 2 years to recover from. He also worked his a$$ of to come back. He may never be more than a back up, but no need for all that.
I actually think Heupel should have used him in short yardage situations.

He doesn't look bad to me. I seriously don't get how they thought Wright was that much better than him.

Like Wright is fast. But who is he going to overpower? I just have a hard time believing Whitehead or even Pierce from last year does worse than he would on fourth and 1.

I actually think Heupel should have used him in short yardage situations.

He doesn't look bad to me. I seriously don't get how they thought Wright was that much better than him.

Like Wright is fast. But who is he going to overpower? I just have a hard time believing Whitehead or even Pierce from last year does worse than he would on fourth and 1.
Legit point. Whitehead was clearly upset on the sideline. I do know that a lot of coaches are leary of putting a guy in the game during critical moments that hasn't touched the ball at all that game. It also could be that bringing Whitehead in the game would have made it obvious that he was getting the ball. Who knows? I would like to see him used more this season when we have big leads early.

Legit point. Whitehead was clearly upset on the sideline. I do know that a lot of coaches are leary of putting a guy in the game during critical moments that hasn't touched the ball at all that game. It also could be that bringing Whitehead in the game would have made it obvious that he was getting the ball. Who knows? I would like to see him used more this season when we have big leads early.
Him and Justin need to be getting the ball in short yardage situations. Small and Wright just get stuffed. Not their fault really. They're tiny. They physically cant move a pile. Small kinda can.

In those games where Small and Evans went down it made no sense why Wright was the only dude they trusted. Every single time Whitehead and Pierce got the ball they looked fine. They looked like they knew what they were doing. I don't see how they were a distant 4th and 5th. I know we saw them against Ole Miss though and they were fine.

Him and Justin need to be getting the ball in short yardage situations. Small and Wright just get stuffed. Not their fault really. They're tiny. They physically cant move a pile. Small kinda can.

In those games where Small and Evans went down it made no sense why Wright was the only dude they trusted. Every single time Whitehead and Pierce got the ball they looked fine. They looked like they knew what they were doing. I don't see how they were a distant 4th and 5th. I know we saw them against Ole Miss though and they were fine.
Small added about 10lbs of muscle this winter. Hopefully, if translates on the field.

I hate when players kill themselves working to play a sport only to be ridiculed by people who are supposed to be “fans”….. Drives me crazy.

VN Store

Back