New Lindsey Nelson Stadium | Baseball Premium Seating Opportunities

This is funny. I would make it checkerboard around the walls and the green would be orange and brown white.
TBH, I don't care the color. Not an aesthetics guy as long as it is turf and you can play and practice almost every day.

I’d be curious what the players think about it, as in how it affects their daily life and how they think it will help in recruiting.

GBO!!!

I don't think it is as big of a recruiting tool as you guys think. Facilities are good but the wins and atmosphere are the most important. Right now we are the hottest thing on the market. I'm willing to be every HS, juco, and transfer portal player is waiting on a call from UT. I have had multiple transfer and juco guys parents contact me to know how they get in touch with UT coaches. No one is worried about the facilities. I think the atmosphere outweighs the facilities right now. They only want the hitting, pitching, weight area done immediately.

I don't think it is as big of a recruiting tool as you guys think. Facilities are good but the wins and atmosphere are the most important. Right now we are the hottest thing on the market. I'm willing to be every HS, juco, and transfer portal player is waiting on a call from UT. I have had multiple transfer and juco guys parents contact me to know how they get in touch with UT coaches. No one is worried about the facilities. I think the atmosphere outweighs the facilities right now. They only want the hitting, pitching, weight area done immediately.

I figured that was the case, thanks for the info.

GBO!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What will be the likely seating capacity after the renovations are completed?

That's a good discussion topic.

Apparently, TV said on the radio the other day that the new stadium will have ~ 6,500 permanent seats with ~ 2,000 more tickets that could be sold for big games in standing areas.

Thoughts on that potential seating capacity? More, less or just right?

Apparently, TV said on the radio the other day that the new stadium will have ~ 6,500 permanent seats with ~ 2,000 more tickets that could be sold for big games in standing areas.

8,500 to 9,000 sounds about right.

This is funny. I would make it checkerboard around the walls and the green would be orange and brown white.
TBH, I don't care the color. Not an aesthetics guy as long as it is turf and you can play and practice almost every day.

checkerboard warning track might be good. White might be hard to find a ball though. Works for endzones in FB and BB.

The annual costs for most sections can be found at this link: Tennessee Fund - New Lindsey Nelson Stadium

Club is $3500/seat, Loge $15000/year, and 4Topps $3000/year. They do not have the projected annual cost for the MVP or standard season tickets though. In 2022, the MVP was $1500/seat and standard was $325-$500. You can also see on the above link how many people have reserved a particular location, i.e., 37/50 4Topps, 103/300 Club, and 4/6 Suites already have a deposit.
Updated Sales goal for the new stadium:

Suites sold: 8/6
Club seats sold: 161/300
Loge box sold: 7/25
4Topps sold: 64/50

Last edited:

I would guess they have marketing studies and aren't just guessing at it.

They only want the hitting, pitching, weight area done immediately.

According to the new stadium renderings, that facility would be built beyond the RF wall. That would imply they have reached agreement with the RR w/respect to their land and the roadway just beyond the RF wall. Do you know if that's the case? And how soon could they begin building on that facility? Do you have any inside information, Preacherman?

According to the new stadium renderings, that facility would be built beyond the RF wall. That would imply they have reached agreement with the RR w/respect to their land and the roadway just beyond the RF wall. Do you know if that's the case? And how soon could they begin building on that facility? Do you have any inside information, Preacherman?
Perhaps it's going on the fraternity parking lot that's directly behind the bullpen?

This shows how small LNS is compared to Hoover Met. Just for grins and giggles.

Attachments

• LNS Vs Hoover.png
    LNS Vs Hoover.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: txbo
The renderings show it directly behind the score board in RF, which would place it squarely in the ROW and on the RR parking lot. Maybe the renderings don't have it's location correctly shown.

At least according to a couple of TN Fund people, The renderings are preliminary and are a more generalized idea. For example, they couldn't really tell me how the new press box/suites would affect my seats since the plans aren't that far a long for that part of the stadium.

So I wouldn't take them as gospel as far as locations and what not. I'm thinking they have enough room in those parking lots and maybe taking/reconfiguring some of the frats.

They were basically put out to gauge (and frankly, monetize) the interest in future opportunities in the stadium.

At least according to a couple of TN Fund people, The renderings are preliminary and are a more generalized idea. For example, they couldn't really tell me how the new press box/suites would affect my seats since the plans aren't that far a long for that part of the stadium.

So I wouldn't take them as gospel as far as locations and what not. I'm thinking they have enough room in those parking lots and maybe taking/reconfiguring some of the frats.

They were basically put out to gauge (and frankly, monetize) the interest in future opportunities in the stadium.

That makes sense. Thanks for posting.

VN Store

Back