Regional tickets have been charged to credit cards

Needs to be explained...and now they are about to ask us for more money next year. Makes you think twice.
I told the rep that I literally just put down my donation/deposit for next year and upped my number of seats but now I'm going to have to think about it and may come back and request a refund. His "explanation" was complete crap and I refuted it in 30 seconds with elementary level math and that's when he was stumped and said he'd have to send me higher up.

He said they had more requests for Supers than they did Regionals and therefore they went in order of donor rank. When I interrupted and said so someone without season tickets but who gives more than me to other sports was able to step in and buy at a better seat than me and he said no we didn't do that, not every season ticket holder requested Regionals and now a lot more did request Super's. At that point, I stopped him and said according to UT's own numbers, they sold 3,000 season tickets (that would include the porch), therefore every season ticket holder was either in the bones of the stadium or the porch during the season (not LF, GA seats). The place holds roughly 4,500 with the GA seats and SRO allotment. So if all 3,000 season tickets were requested for Supers + 600 allocated for ND (using LSU's # from 2021), that's only 3,600 tickets out of the 4,500. That still leaves 900 tickets roughly to be sold as GA, SRO and/or student seating. A) I don't understand why ND is automatically allocated "premium" seats in the stadium; give them the LF bleachers. The parents of our own players were moved this past weekend to worse seats than their regular season seats which is bogus and B) don't lie to me and tell me someone with a fatter wallet didn't swoop in and get taken care of at my expense. I get it, even if I don't like it, I get that's how it operates, just be straight up with me.

As the player's dad told me this weekend, they raised prices this year, booted rowdy fans out, raised the average age of the stadium by 20 years and the environment went down. I couldn't disagree. The environment this past weekend (outside of the 9th inning of GT) was not nearly as electric as last years Regional, Arkansas series or maybe even the Vandy series, which was only at 50% capacity.

I told the rep that I literally just put down my donation/deposit for next year and upped my number of seats but now I'm going to have to think about it and may come back and request a refund. His "explanation" was complete crap and I refuted it in 30 seconds with elementary level math and that's when he was stumped and said he'd have to send me higher up.

He said they had more requests for Supers than they did Regionals and therefore they went in order of donor rank. When I interrupted and said so someone without season tickets but who gives more than me to other sports was able to step in and buy at a better seat than me and he said no we didn't do that, not every season ticket holder requested Regionals and now a lot more did request Super's. At that point, I stopped him and said according to UT's own numbers, they sold 3,000 season tickets (that would include the porch), therefore every season ticket holder was either in the bones of the stadium or the porch during the season (not LF, GA seats). The place holds roughly 4,500 with the GA seats and SRO allotment. So if all 3,000 season tickets were requested for Supers + 600 allocated for ND (using LSU's # from 2021), that's only 3,600 tickets out of the 4,500. That still leaves 900 tickets roughly to be sold as GA, SRO and/or student seating. A) I don't understand why ND is automatically allocated "premium" seats in the stadium; give them the LF bleachers. The parents of our own players were moved this past weekend to worse seats than their regular season seats which is bogus and B) don't lie to me and tell me someone with a fatter wallet didn't swoop in and get taken care of at my expense. I get it, even if I don't like it, I get that's how it operates, just be straight up with me.

As the player's dad told me this weekend, they raised prices this year, booted rowdy fans out, raised the average age of the stadium by 20 years and the environment went down. I couldn't disagree. The environment this past weekend (outside of the 9th inning of GT) was not nearly as electric as last years Regional, Arkansas series or maybe even the Vandy series, which was only at 50% capacity.

They're making a mistake. As I said in another thread, I let family use my season tickets sometimes and get a Standing Room Only (I like and need to stand anyway). When I was in line this past Friday, I stood with Bobby Scott...yea that VFL legend Bobby Scott. He said he had talked to Danny and Danny wouldn't help him find a ticket. I was ashamed and embarrassed for the University.

Unless things change, It shows my tickets will remain the same. I’ve been in Section D Row 15 all season.

This is the problem with that ticket office. The damn email they sent out said it was an NCAA requirement that was the reason for the move. If you're booting me because a requirement to host is provided X number of tickets, then ok. It sucks, but ok.

But, if this is due to a higher number of season ticket holder requests...and you moved me out of my seats to plop someone else of higher rank in them, that does NOT compute. You are exactly right there.

LF was GA all year. Don't tell me I have to move out there if its just to fulfill higher status. Oh hell no.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

Your rep definitely lied to you. No question.

I was told by the higher up the same thing. I refuted his numbers with my math and he said last year we only had 1000 season tickets sold so we had way more seats available to keep season ticket holders in place. I said except you allowed us as season tickets holders to purchase up to 8 tickets a piece for the NCAAT and most of us did. I purchased them for people I met on here and passed them through at cost, who otherwise wouldn’t have been able to get in. I’m glad former players came back last year and they deserve a seat but again don’t lie to me and say I wasn’t booted for somebody more famous or wealthier. Last year for the regionals a pile of former players were in MVP level seats, Bill Haslam was there all weekend despite probably never attending a game all season, etc. and they had better seats than some of the people who likely “owned” those seats for 35 games. It is what it is at this point, but the common fan is being squeezed for more $ and worse returns on their investment in the name of corporate or big individual dollars.

This whole LNS renovation is a perfect example of this. I’m glad it’s getting a facelift and being expanded, but 75% of the expansion will come from people who care more about hobnobbing, politicking and being seen than the game itself. They won’t add to the environment, in fact they’re going to water it down.

I was told by the higher up the same thing. I refuted his numbers with my math and he said last year we only had 1000 season tickets sold so we had way more seats available to keep season ticket holders in place. I said except you allowed us as season tickets holders to purchase up to 8 tickets a piece for the NCAAT and most of us did. I purchased them for people I met on here and passed them through at cost, who otherwise wouldn’t have been able to get in. I’m glad former players came back last year and they deserve a seat but again don’t lie to me and say I wasn’t booted for somebody more famous or wealthier. Last year for the regionals a pile of former players were in MVP level seats, Bill Haslam was there all weekend despite probably never attending a game all season, etc. and they had better seats than some of the people who likely “owned” those seats for 35 games. It is what it is at this point, but the common fan is being squeezed for more $ and worse returns on their investment in the name of corporate or big individual dollars.

This whole LNS renovation is a perfect example of this. I’m glad it’s getting a facelift and being expanded, but 75% of the expansion will come from people who care more about hobnobbing, politicking and being seen than the game itself. They won’t add to the environment, in fact they’re going to water it down.

Wait, I'm getting a bit confused.

I was only allowed to purchase my two seats I've had all season. Are we talking about this year or last year?

I’m not worried about the environment being watered down when LNS expands. We’re not the only school that has to appease high level donors to get the stadium renovations funded. I’m sure Baum Walker and Dudley Noble and The Box all had to do the same thing to get the money for renovations, yet it didn’t impact those environments. I think it will all be fine in the end.

I’m not worried about the environment being watered down when LNS expands. We’re not the only school that has to appease high level donors to get the stadium renovations funded. I’m sure Baum Walker and Dudley Noble and The Box all had to do the same thing to get the money for renovations, yet it didn’t impact those environments. I think it will all be fine in the end.

I do tend to agree with this.

If it pulls some of the big money up into the suites/loge and out of the porches and regular seats, it might make for a decent improvement.

Wait, I'm getting a bit confused.

I was only allowed to purchase my two seats I've had all season. Are we talking about this year or last year?

Last year. Instead of opening the extra tickets up to everyone once we went 100% capacity last year, they allowed season ticket holders first dibs at those tickets.

But Dudy Noble added infinitely more common seating too. They went from an actual seating capacity of 7k or so to 13k, they didn’t just add 6k seats worth of boxes. 75% of the new expansion I would venture to guess is made up of the premium seating options. So yes, we have more capacity now but not for the people clamoring to get into the stadium. The people camping out for 8 hrs to get a SRO ticket aren’t going to benefit much from the expansion. We’ve rented a suite in Busch Stadium at work the last couple of years and will be doing so again this Friday. I find myself shooting the bull and/or shots for hours then I look up and it’s the 7th inning and I’ve missed 2/3 of the game. I actually like baseball and the Cards and get sucked into it; that environment just doesn’t lend itself to watching the game very aggressively.

I was moved from high E to LF as well.

Get season tickets they said. We'll get together all season and have a few laughs they said. We'll be fixed for the Region and Super Region they said. Welcome to the LF party, pal.

diehardtrailer-670x300.jpg

Oh, my bad, I meant your tickets for Super regionals. Did you stay in D 15?

Not that you have to by any means, but do you care to ask the people in Rows 16, 17, or 18 where or how they got their tickets?

Imagine our surprise when we showed up to the park and looked up at our season ticket seats…only to see more Tennessee people. After being told, by a supervisor after requesting a call back just to get some final clarification, that these would be for visitors.

Livid isn’t the word. Absolutely inexcusable.

EDIT: Provided some clarity below

Last edited:
Since I was ready to throw a fit over the weekend, I figured I'd pass a long the info I found.

Spoke to the people who were occupying Sec. D on Saturday.

Apparently, those seats were allocated for "friends and family". Apparently a somewhat expanded definition of friends/family, because I didn't recognize any of the family I'd met over the season in Section A...but friends/family no less.

The supervisor was wrong in that they were allotted for visitors, but not technically incorrect that the NCAA had claimed the seats. Given I'm sure the chaos of last week, I can see the confusion I suppose. Still not thrilled, but I at least see the picture a little more clear.

Section E...I'd look at migrating unless they can firmly say the expansion will solve that problem. Otherwise, I'd say you have a season or two more of getting bounced.

Since I was ready to throw a fit over the weekend, I figured I'd pass a long the info I found.

Spoke to the people who were occupying Sec. D on Saturday.

Apparently, those seats were allocated for "friends and family". Apparently a somewhat expanded definition of friends/family, because I didn't recognize any of the family I'd met over the season in Section A...but friends/family no less.

The supervisor was wrong in that they were allotted for visitors, but not technically incorrect that the NCAA had claimed the seats. Given I'm sure the chaos of last week, I can see the confusion I suppose. Still not thrilled, but I at least see the picture a little more clear.

Section E...I'd look at migrating unless they can firmly say the expansion will solve that problem. Otherwise, I'd say you have a season or two more of getting bounced.
I’m in Section D Row 15. I recall ND fans on Row 16. Overall, I thought both ND and GT fans were very respectful.

I’m in Section D Row 15. I recall ND fans on Row 16. Overall, I thought both ND and GT fans were very respectful.

Absolutely. I honestly enjoyed every fanbase that came through (which is more than I could say or Wright St and Liberty last year. Mainly Liberty, Wright State just had that Zip It guy).

I genuinely want to have a preconference series with Campbell or GT either one.

I talked to a group of ND students in line at the water tank and they were good kids. Wanted some restaurant ideas and stuff.

(Side note, using the Water Monsters needs to be a standard thing from May onward. Those things were lifesavers).

VN Store

Back