Future SEC scheduling thoughts from other fanbases.

I’d like Florida, Bama and UK or Vandy.

I remember watching y’all’s games vs Auburn growing up and hoping like hell they could help us out. A decent amount of time they did. Don’t know how Auburn seemed to be a thorn in OBC’s side, but they were. The Auburn vs Florida were almost always entertaining.

AU-UT was entertaining back in the day too.

I can’t remember whether it was Cobb or Webb, but whoever it was busted a long run, then struck a pose with his arms folded in the end zone.

Last edited:
Silly man, don’t you know in order to field a competitive schedule, you must disregard your two in-state rivals with a combined 8 national titles to schedule a home-and-home with Cal or Arizona?

That was just Ricky being Ricky…he got checked for posting bad information, didn’t want to own it, so he went on the offensive…deflecting as usual. 😁
Lol offensive 😂😂😂? Against a gator troll who has to live on our board to seek validation? You are a nobody here. Gator fans didn’t even exist prior to 1993.

Lol offensive 😂😂😂? Against a gator troll who has to live on our board to seek validation? You are a nobody here. Gator fans didn’t even exist prior to 1993.

Your use of hyperbole is noted.

Your bad information is also noted.

False. All SEC teams have played a PAC 12 team at least once the past 30 years

Reactions: BUBear
Your use of hyperbole is noted.

Your bad information is also noted.
Ok and you can continue to hang around here like Aaron Hernandez and it still doesn’t change what I said. Tens of thousands of posts on an opponent’s message board shows who lives rent free in your head 😂

Ok and you can continue to hang around here like Aaron Hernandez and it still doesn’t change what I said. Tens of thousands of posts on an opponent’s message board shows who lives rent free in your head 😂

It appears my presence here triggered you into confrontational exchange, simply by asking a question in post #5 of this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: BUBear
They also play UGA instate every year.
So? I don't know what you're trying to get at in this thread...are you suggesting that UF plays a cupcake schedule year after year or something?

The same game you're playing can be played with Tennessee's schedule too. Historically, Tennessee has gotten to play patty cake with Kentucky and Vandy in "rivalry" games at the end of the season while UF plays FSU, South Carolina plays Clemson, etc.

The bigger schools who get more recruits are going to want the 3-6, but only if the 12 team playoff goes through.

KY, Vandy, etc are going to want the 1-7 - they don’t want any more hard games.

I know we have quite a few posters from other fanbases that post here. I was hoping to get an idea of what other fanbases are thinking regarding the future SEC schedule.

Do you prefer the 3-6-6 model or the 1-7-7?

If the SEC goes with 3 permanent opponents, what 3 would you want? If they go with one which one?

If the SEC goes to a 9 game conference schedule, should the SEC keep its requirement to schedule at least 1 power 5 opponent?

Feel free to add any additional thoughts or ideas.[/QUOTE
I'd prefer a nine game SEC slate (actually thought the 10 game SEC schedule of 2020 was the most intriguing season start to finish of any season I've watched).
The teams I would like to see UGA keep on permanent basis are UF, UT, and AU. Most things I've read dont favor keeping UT. I remember the 90's. Its personal to me.

Reactions: UTwild82
The bigger schools who get more recruits are going to want the 3-6, but only if the 12 team playoff goes through.

KY, Vandy, etc are going to want the 1-7 - they don’t want any more hard games.
It would be a shame to sacrifice real rivalries that help make college football the great sport that it is, in order for UK to have a better chance to be bowl eligible. This also allows them to maintain their rivalry w/ Louisville (huge game in college football) because apparently they might be too chickenshit to play if there were 9 SEC games. Not hearing this from Florida or even South Carolina, and their ACC rivals are traditional power houses.

My favorite schedule would be a rotating 10 game SEC slate with no permanent rival games. That way you'd play every SEC team two out of three years. More good games and still play your traditional rivals 2 of 3. As an added bonus, UGA would probably drop the useless Georgia Tech "rivalry" game to allow for more non-SEC variety in the schedule.

My 2nd favorite would be 9 rotating SEC games with no permanent rival, play every SEC team 3 out of every 5 years. But, apparently neither of these options is under consideration and I don't really like any of the other choices.

Reactions: UTwild82
Personally, I think all power 5 conferences should play nine conference games and have at least one non-conference power 5 opponent.

I haven't checked recently, but if memory serves me correctly virtually all of the SEC vs PAC games have involved Tenn or LSU vs a PAC opponent.
Conferences should make their own schedules and teams should play the out-a-conference teams they chose…..

No mandate of any kind.

1654718032005.gif

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Conferences should make their own schedules and teams should play the out-a-conference teams they chose…..

No mandate of any kind.

View attachment 462292

Why? Hypothetically speaking you'd be ok if in 2025 with 16 teams in the SEC if the conference elected to play 7 conference games. East teams playing East division teams and West teams playing West division teams with the first matchup between the divisions in the championship playoffs? I know that's a bit out there, but with conferences getting larger it seems to me that a conference "representative' should play a schedule representative of the conference and these large conferences are causing scheduling problems.

Or how about this for being out there... for a conference champion to be eligible for the BCS they must play 90% of the teams in their respective conference during the regular season.

Last edited:
Arkansas fan here and I prefer the 1-7-7 8 game conference schedule. I don’t like the 9 game conference schedule because it puts half of the schools at a scheduling disadvantage every year. I don’t have an opinion on our permanent opponent but I’m quite sure that somehow Alabama will end up with Vanderbilt as their permanent rival.

Arkansas fan here and I prefer the 1-7-7 8 game conference schedule. I don’t like the 9 game conference schedule because it puts half of the schools at a scheduling disadvantage every year. I don’t have an opinion on our permanent opponent but I’m quite sure that somehow Alabama will end up with Vanderbilt as their permanent rival.

You're "quite sure" of that, are you?

Reactions: TrueOrange
Having one permanent rival doesn’t work for anyone. Some teams will have an easy team every year, and some teams will have a difficult team.
The 6+3 schedule makes the most sense.

Last edited:
Who would you prefer your 1 permanent rival to be?

I'm for 3 permanent opponents, 9 SEC games schedule. I also think for OOC schedule, teams should be required to schedule 1 P5 and one G5 opponent. That last spot can go to an FCS opponent if you want to throw a small school a bone. We claim we're the toughest conference, we should prove it with the toughest scheduling.

I'm for 3 permanent opponents, 9 SEC games schedule. I also think for OOC schedule, teams should be required to schedule 1 P5 and one G5 opponent. That last spot can go to an FCS opponent if you want to throw a small school a bone. We claim we're the toughest conference, we should prove it with the toughest scheduling.
All of this /\

VN Store

Back