The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

He essentially said TV is hiding something and he’s surprised saying Evan Russell is sick is the story Vitello chose to run with. I hope Basilio has good sources if he’s going to throw that out there.

I’m listening to the archive right now. It sounds to me as if Basilio is suggesting a failed test for PEDs. That would be normal Basilio to stir up **** - even when it’s fake news. That’s a big part of his legacy.

I’m listening to the archive right now. It sounds to me as if Basilio is suggesting a failed test for PEDs. That would be normal Basilio to stir up **** - even when it’s fake news. That’s a big part of his legacy.

Evan Russell’s dad came out and debunked that this morning. Typical rumor mongering damaging a kid’s reputation.

Evan Russell’s dad came out and debunked that this morning. Typical rumor mongering damaging a kid’s reputation.

Yes, it’s in Dallasbowlin’s post just a couple above.

There is a part about 70 minutes in where Dr Sinclair was saying something that was deleted. It could have been edited out or it could have been a technical glitch in the recording.

Basilio repeats numerous times that he had talked to a lot of people and none of them suggested that ER was sick. He questioned CTV’s statement that ER was sick. It’s a **** show.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster

A bunch of Arkansas trolls were circulating that on Twitter before the game yesterday which was definitely ****ed up. Didn't see anyone connected to TN or TN media suggesting that, so its weird that Basilio felt that was the one of many rumors circulating he wanted to push forward

Wow, if TB was spreading that garbage speaks to him being even more of a blowhard than I thought he was, which is a high bar to clear. What a moron

Barnes failing to land decent recruits while coasting into retirement is another of his epic takes. He pounded on that narrative for a couple of years. “It’s been xxx days since Barnes has signed a 4-star recruit.”

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
So when is Grant’s number retirement gonna be scheduled for?

After Chris Lofton retires it first.

And hopefully they are done retiring “numbers” and will only retire “jerseys” going forward. At least until the next Bernard King signs and sticks around for 3 or 4 seasons.

After Chris Lofton retires it first.

And hopefully they are done retiring “numbers” and will only retire “jerseys” going forward. At least until the next Bernard King signs and sticks around for 3 or 4 seasons.
Well it was Admiral that shared a number with Chris, not Grant. I could see Lofton and Grant both having their numbers retired, think it would be appropriate, but I’m not opposed to having a jersey just retired too

Barnes failing to land decent recruits while coasting into retirement is another of his epic takes. He pounded on that narrative for a couple of years. “It’s been xxx days since Barnes has signed a 4-star recruit.”
Yeah that was obviously wrong and probably purposely trolly but it’s not really hurting anyone or targeting any kids. The Russell thing is a new level of scumbaggery IMO

Yeah that was obviously wrong and probably purposely trolly but it’s not really hurting anyone or targeting any kids. The Russell thing is a new level of scumbaggery IMO
Agreed - I’d like to see UT file a law suit against ESPN on behalf of the student. Arse wagons with a platform need to be held accountable. If it’s just $25K is fine - just make the point that your employees can’t slander student athletes

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Agreed - I’d like to see UT file a law suit against ESPN on behalf of the student. Arse wagons with a platform need to be held accountable. If it’s just $25K is fine - just make the point that your employees can’t slander student athletes
Espn did have the guy apologize for what it’s worth. I didn’t see the broadcast so idk if the espn guy just sorta speculated it could’ve been that or flat out said it was, if the latter I think he should’ve been done for the season

Espn did have the guy apologize for what it’s worth. I didn’t see the broadcast so idk if the espn guy just sorta speculated it could’ve been that or flat out said it was, if the latter I think he should’ve been done for the season
Flat out said it was and speculated it might involve more of the team

Reactions: Vol49er
Well it was Admiral that shared a number with Chris, not Grant. I could see Lofton and Grant both having their numbers retired, think it would be appropriate, but I’m not opposed to having a jersey just retired too

That’s right. Grant was #2. I can’t think of any other 2s at Grant’s level. But I still don’t want to see numbers retired. Putting jerseys in the rafters is fine.

Reactions: Vol49er
I mean you don't have to be sick for a health concern to pop up and keep you out of a tournament.

What's more likely is a false positive on a rapid covid test and they waited on the 48 hours test result, which came back negative and he was able to play the next night/day. But I guess that won't sell like a PED story.

I mean you don't have to be sick for a health concern to pop up and keep you out of a tournament.

What's more likely is a false positive on a rapid covid test and they waited on the 48 hours test result, which came back negative and he was able to play the next night/day. But I guess that won't sell like a PED story.

It wasn't COVID. Evan's dad has come out and said Evan was dealing with severe anxiety, which just makes the idiots at ESPN accusing him of PEDs look even worse. But, this morning will be all about Jordan Beck flipping the bird and people will quickly forget the worldwide leader in sports defamed one of our players and swept it under the rug 5 seconds later with a half-assed apology.

VN Store

Back