Take it for what it’s worth & don’t shoot the messenger.

I am 60% sure you have no clue who the Spyre Executives are and 100% sure you can neither take a joke nor be fun to have a frosty beverage with. I don't currently own a boat, but if I did I would name it BoroVolFan's Funny bone....

I rest my statement about not shooting the messenger. And trust me, I love drinking a good cold beer and talking Tennessee sports. Have a nice evening.

I rest my statement about not shooting the messenger. And trust me, I love drinking a good cold beer and talking Tennessee sports. Have a nice evening.
I was just poking some fun brother, I hope everything you stated comes to fruition. I would gladly purchase you a libation your choice if we were ever to meet

Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????

I could live with that small number of five stars without complaining as long as we get a boatload of four stars and some particularly talented threes.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
It's a misapplication of the phrase, which when used correctly is meant to precede a statement of bad news shared by an intermediary. In this case, it more or less meant "please don't attack me for sharing this," which is weird because all they did was make an unsubstantiated claim which is of course going to get tossed around like a chew toy so ... eh. In the immortal words of the internet itself - "I dunno lol." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you read many threads on this board? We eat our own around here, people get blasted and ridiculed for the dumbest things. Don’t get me wrong, some posts deserve ridicule. Or, he could be weary of the anti NILers who actually believe in the tnotion of the existence of the “student-athlete” which hasn’t existed for quite some time.

DTA is my motto, but hey, we are talking about the greatest football team ever who also, by the way, wear the most beautiful orange jerseys since the sun itself.

NTM the new coach is a pure bad ass with a system that scares the crap out of teams like Georgia, Florida and Alabama. I don't care what anyone says. They know UT is gonna WTFA when they meet. Its coming.

So who knows? I see all the headlines, just like any other fan who follows everything UT. Those top kids need to come on and show out in the best football stadium in the world then go make some money.

Go Vols! WGWTFA!

You have to expect push back and derision s
Your attempt to be funny is sad…..major fail. Like I said, this information came directly from Spyre executives. But whatever floats your boat. Next time try posting something of substance.

You have to expect a little push back when "unverifiable" stories are posted. Yours make perfect sense, but so have dozens of other false ones over the years in here. Just know that is going to come with the territory unless you accompany with video of said event.

I find it hard to believe that someone from Spyre would have this big of a mouth and act this unprofessional shooting the sh*t about preps at a cocktail party. Please.

A giant case of “look at me and who I know that knows people”

Reactions: Rooster1
Had the opportunity to sit down with a friend today that I had not seen or spoken to in several months. He is an avid Tennessee fan, alumnus & donates significant dollars. He was telling me about a meet and greet he attended with some of the Spyre Sports Group folks. He was told that Tennessee would sign between 4 and 6 Five Star players in this year’s signing class. There may be some truth to this based on reports of some 5* guys trending to the VOLS. I will be curious to see how this prediction plays out.

Thoughts?????
As long as it is legal, I am all for it. However, we need to be selective and try to every effort to make sure they are high character young men who will make us proud of the as people as well as football players.

Thoughts?????

We signed the top guy. Before money was legitimately involved... And I say that tongue in cheek... It was the same way. Get the guy everyone wants to play for however you can. Now you have to get that guy and throw money on top of it. But still, who does this guy want coaching him? He better be legit and not about himself. I think Huepel just lets the system be the system but he knows how to build trust between him and his players and between his players and his players. He is not an egomaniac and the players just don't seem to be either, but they are legit.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Give it up, brother. I'd say 90% of your negative responses were from people who live on this board. Check out their post numbers. They live to give people crap, for some reason. You get likes from me. Thanks for sharing what you heard from your friend.

Thoughts?????
Set your expectations to be a little better than last year and you'll be content

Thoughts?????
Bang!

Thoughts?????
Are you the same Boro poster that fueled the Gruden lies twice? Hope not lol.

Thoughts?????
Good deal. The 20 bucks I gave to spyre only let me in on 2 walk-ons.

As long as it is legal, I am all for it. However, we need to be selective and try to every effort to make sure they are high character young men who will make us proud of the as people as well as football players.
Winning foxes everything. And everyone can be proud of winning again at the rate the Vols once was in the 90’s and early 2000’s.

Reactions: OneVolNation
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who is Spry Sports Administrative Assistant and she stated that not less than (17) 5 stars will sign with UT this cycle and the Illuminati have pinged UT to win a Natty this season!

I'm down with it! Always helpful to have the Illuminati on our side for once. Although their true goals remain shrouded in the deeper mysteries...perhaps we should beware interference from the Discordians as well!

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
I find it hard to believe that someone from Spyre would have this big of a mouth and act this unprofessional shooting the sh*t about preps at a cocktail party. Please.
The guys (and girl) of Spyre can speculate all they want. They aren’t university employees. I work closely with them, and they are happy to speculate because they’re fans, like us. That doesn’t mean they know for sure what a high school kid is thinking.

VN Store

Back