College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

I think it’s just the nature of the business. There’s always a few commits that go Juco to see more playing time.
Juco guys are draft eligible after every season

So a guy going Juco can be drafted after high school, after 1st year and 2nd year. He can then go 4 year school and be drafted 2 more times.

That’s why Juco baseball is far superior relative to football and basketball

Agreed. Don’t want him with the Gators. Go to FSU or Miami if not hers. Sully is a weirdo though so hopefully he won’t want to play for him.

Not that it means much, but a few of the Twitter replies show old photos of White wearing FSU apparel so hopefully that's where he heads if Knoxville isn't in the cards.

I know it likely isn't going to happen but good lord could you imagine a lineup where you have stephenson and Ahuna betting 1-2 in front of Lipscomb, Tommy Tanks, and Ortega? And a dominant pitching staff? We might have an even better record than this year in that scenario

EDIT: Also, Blake Burke?!

Transfer portal is weird. It's not like White was lightly recruited. He was a top 20 recruit. Could've went anywhere, balls out Freshman year at a good program, then dips? Strange stuff. Not excited for when this happens to us.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
White is from St. Pete and I believe he went to IMG Academy. So he's been groomed for years to be a pro ball player. I'm surprised he ended up at NC State with that background and wonder what his ties to Raleigh were.

I would not be surprised if he went to a mid-major program in Florida, like USF, UCF, FGCU. FIU, etc; but out of the big 3; I would place bets on FSU.

I know it likely isn't going to happen but good lord could you imagine a lineup where you have stephenson and Ahuna betting 1-2 in front of Lipscomb, Tommy Tanks, and Ortega? And a dominant pitching staff? We might have an even better record than this year in that scenario

EDIT: Also, Blake Burke?!
Lipscomb won’t be back

Here are a few tibits from Coach V's recent interviews on Tony Basilio's show re: the roster and the transfer portal:

On being active in the transfer portal:

Q: How active will we be in the portal? How much attention should we pay to all the players you're allegedly linked with? And can prospective transfers visit for the regionals?

A: The answer is yes ... Prospective transfers can visit for the tournament but they have to find their own tickets to our games. Last season we had the best JUCO player in the country last year (Dayton Dooney Central Az JC) we brought him in for the Super Regional. During the post season he had to get his own ticket. We were hoping it would turn him around from heading to pro ball but he ended up choosing that route (6th round draft choice KC..pick 169) anyway even though he loved it here. So yes we can bring guys in ... In terms of how active we'll be ...

Look we've got our roster pretty much set next year but I'm not going to turn away great players that can help us. The most we'll take is 3 and maybe if another great one comes along 4 ... So 3 is the max 4 is the top number I would think.* COVID has made our sport an older sport. We have to get older. We just passed on a kid in the spring that signed with Virginia. He was a really nice player but you can't take them all. We're going to be selective.'*

*(bolding is done by me for highlighting)

Source: http://tclub.team/index.php?page=tony&page_num=7

On Seth Halverson:

Q: How do you keep a guy like Halvorson engaged as well as some of the other injured guys?

A: 'Believe it or not we have terrific guys and what we're doing is so fun. This has been quite a ride. I'll be honest with you ... I think we could see Halvorson back here next year. He sees how much fun this is. I think he sees the value in being a part of this and getting a chance to compete in front of this fan base. I expect Halvy wants to be back here next year.'

Source: The Tony Basilio Show

Last edited:

VN Store

Back