Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

He could have been more diplomatic. But when your family fortune started with blood jewels, I guess you see your employees differently.
Why does he need to be more diplomatic? Tesla and Space X are engineering companies. I have been screaming to management for two years that they are guaranteeing a knowledge gap as engineering isn’t passed on via zoom. It’s passed on by direct mentoring face to face. Always has been and even with all the BS media methods we have now always will be. Engineers worth their pay learn their trade in the labs or in the field.

Their are plenty of fields that can succeed by not ever seeing your peers in real life. Engineering isn’t one of them

Why does he need to be more diplomatic? Tesla and Space X are engineering companies. I have been screaming to management for two years that they are guaranteeing a knowledge gap as engineering isn’t passed on via zoom. It’s passed on by direct mentoring face to face. Always has been and even with all the BS media methods we have now always will be. Engineers worth their pay learn their trade in the labs or in the field.

Their are plenty of fields that can succeed by not ever seeing your peers in real life. Engineering isn’t one of them
Ash is all about feelz not actual logic

All truth.

My understanding is that Space X employees more than just engineers. Do the bean counters need to be in the office?

In my field the drive for in office only work is coming from the micro managers who dont do any work themselves, and need butts in seats so that they can hover and justify their job. They see their productivity drop, and just assume that means the worker bees production drops. But we are all having record profits.

My understanding is that Space X employees more than just engineers. Do the bean counters need to be in the office?

In my field the drive for in office only work is coming from the micro managers who dont do any work themselves, and need butts in seats so that they can hover and justify their job. They see their productivity drop, and just assume that means the worker bees production drops. But we are all having record profits.
They are yes. But they are an engineering company. Arthur Anderson is an accounting company.

My own opinion is tech companies creating tangible objects need to be able to put their hands on those objects. It’s the only thing that works in my field to train younger engineers. I can do a large amount of my job without ever interacting with others. I cannot however pass that knowledge on without face to face and ands on equipment interaction.

As far as do the bean counters need to be in the office question probably not. In fact I’d prefer they weren’t on the damn planet.

Or they might be seeing social media posts from their employees out on the lake, at the movies ext while they're supposed to be working and productivity has slipped. Very few people have the discipline to work from home.

I much prefer being back in person, and that's even considering I'm a raging introvert.

Also, I don't have to teach any remote attendance / asynchronous classes next year. Hallelujah! Those are a pain to coordinate and keep students involved.

I much prefer being back in person, and that's even considering I'm a raging introvert.

Also, I don't have to teach any remote attendance / asynchronous classes next year. Hallelujah! Those are a pain to coordinate and keep students involved.

Still waiting on the answer to my question in regards to Musk...

Reactions: AshG
Still waiting on the answer to my question in regards to Musk...

Oh. Sure. Sorry!

I just think he was a jerk in his email, that's it. He could have gotten the same message across in a way that expressed excitement about the positives of returning to office work while still firmly letting those reluctant to return know that they would be let go.

I read too much Dale Carnegie leadership stuff as a kid.

Oh. Sure. Sorry!

I just think he was a jerk in his email, that's it. He could have gotten the same message across in a way that expressed excitement about the positives of returning to office work while still firmly letting those reluctant to return know that they would be let go.

I read too much Dale Carnegie leadership stuff as a kid.

So... he wasn't dealing in conflict diamonds? Nor was his family?

Whoever is making these decisions needs to be run out of town and beaten with sticks
The problem is those idiots vote for these clowns, get mad at what they implement, but instead of voting them out of office they move south and try to screw our states over with their stupidity too.

VN Store

Back