‘23 AL WDE Tomarrion Parker (Clemson commit)

Two interesting tidbits as he gets set to visit here this weekend:

1) Rusty Mansell from UGA 247 said yesterday that things have cooled off between Parker and UGA

2) Keith N from AU 247 said this today: "I do not like where Auburn sits with 4-star DE Tomarrion Parker of Phenix City (Ala.) Central. The Tigers made a push earlier this spring, but now other programs seem to have pulled ahead. I never rule anything out but based on the latest intel Auburn has a fairly big hill to climb at this time. Obviously, this is just taking the pulse of things as they stand as of right now. Because things always are subject to change, we'll continue to monitor this recruitment and let you know if anything changes."

He was born in Knoxville and has been here a ton. Has two B10 visits set this month to MSU and PSU, and has tentative plans to UV Florida next weekend. Window is open here...

Tennessee hosted a slew of top football recruiting targets on Saturday in what was essentially a Memorial Day celebration put on by the football staff. One prospect who left impressed with the Vols was defensive end Tomarrion Parker.

Parker (6-foot-4, 256 pounds), from Phenix City, Ala. is no stranger to the Vols’ football program or the campus, having made multiple visits in the past.

“This isn’t my first time here so I already had a really good feel for the campus and the facilities and kind of know how things go here,” he said.

“I’ve been here enough that I have a good relationship with a lot of the other guys that are being recruited here. We have a good time.”

Parker’s level of familiarity and comfort with the program doesn’t just include having a relationship with several of his fellow recruits, but also with the coaching staff.

Parker has been a primary target for the Vols’ staff for a long time now and those recruiting efforts have paid off in making the prospect feel at home with Tennessee.

“I feel real comfortable here. I feel like I can be myself, I don’t have to put on any act. I can just come here and be myself with the coaches and have fun,” he said.

That sense of belonging made Saturday’s trip a fun for Parker and his family. He doesn’t seem to be looking to learn more about the program or the coaches. It’s more as though he’s simply trying to get build on the relationships that are already in place.

“Today was all very relaxed. We just came to have fun with some of the other recruits and to get to hang out with the coaching staff,” Parker said of his visit.

“It was a great day to build those relationships with the staff and get to know some of the players who were here.”

Unlike many of his peers Parker hasn’t been racking up the miles this spring making unofficial visits to prospective suitors. Aside from Tennessee the only other program he’s visited is Michigan State.

At the present time the Spartans and anyone else after Parker are chasing the the Vols.

“Tennessee is definitely my top school right now. I’m really comfortable here,” Parker said.

Tennessee is on top at the moment but Parker doesn’t seem like he’s in a rush to shut things down. He indicated that he’d like to make at least ‘a few’ official visits in the fall before making a decision.
- Rob Lewis

VN Store

Back