Redmond Walsh

Rewriting the record books. He may leave with his name on top of several categories. Tied saves last night. Most appearances. ERA. He will leave a quiet legacy.
So underrated and proves being a great closer is not about velocity. Love how he’s an “the Alcoa assassin” on the mound but seems like an Opie Taylor “ah shucks” nice guy off the field. He’s one of my favorites. He will be sorely missed next year.

Rewriting the record books. He may leave with his name on top of several categories. Tied saves last night. Most appearances. ERA. He will leave a quiet legacy.
Red is as tough as they come! I’m so glad to see guys like him and Russell, etching their names into the record books!
GBO!!

One of Kirbys best friends. He was Kirby’s mentor and our families have such a strong bond. They are competitors for playing time but love and respect each other. How it should be. They learn from each other. I hope someone gives him a chance at the next level
Kirby’s time will definitely come, he’s well on his way and HE may be the one leaving his mark on the record books!
GBO!!

The careers of Evan and Red need to be memorialized. What they've done for this program should be recognized and celebrated forever.
It’s crazy to think about this squad and what they’ve accomplished so far. A guy like Trey, who rarely saw the field, puts in his time and works his way into the SEC POY imo.
Gilbert, who everyone thought would see his playing time come on the mound, is now one of the most clutch hitters Tennessee has ever had.
Luc, Evan, Red, Kirby, Joyce(on his 2nd elbow), Sewell, Ortega...
This one will go down as one of my favorite Vol squads, EVER, in ANY sport!
GBO!!

I have so absolutely enjoyed watching Walsh the last few years. And some other guy with a sweet Stache you may know.

Last year’s team is still one of may all time favorite Vol teams across all sports.

I have so absolutely enjoyed watching Walsh the last few years. And some other guy with a sweet Stache you may know.

Last year’s team is still one of may all time favorite Vol teams across all sports.
The way they won is unforgettable. So many moments......
Evan Russell 3 HR game to beat Vandy
Max Ferguson walkoff to beat the Hogs
Drew Gilbert walkoff to beat Wright State.
Wow, the memories.

So underrated and proves being a great closer is not about velocity. Love how he’s an “the Alcoa assassin” on the mound but seems like an Opie Taylor “ah shucks” nice guy off the field. He’s one of my favorites. He will be sorely missed next year.
I played LL and HS ball with a guy that wound up at Scar to all of our surprise. He was a junk ball, side arm guy that topped out around mid 70’s. He wound up leading the nation in saves in 2002 for SCar’s CWS runner-up team. One of the last guys you’d expect to see on an SEC roster.

True. Without 2021, some of the players that are incredible success stories in their own right this year may not have stayed. Baseball the last several years including the shortened COVID year has been absolutely phenomenal. I love this coaching staff, too. I used to consider myself one of the most avid UT football fans going. Still do but now I mentioned baseball first. I love these guys and hope they are a team of destiny.

True. Without 2021, some of the players that are incredible success stories in their own right this year may not have stayed. Baseball the last several years including the shortened COVID year has been absolutely phenomenal. I love this coaching staff, too. I used to consider myself one of the most avid UT football fans going. Still do but now I mentioned baseball first. I love these guys and hope they are a team of destiny.
Baseball school!

I played LL and HS ball with a guy that wound up at Scar to all of our surprise. He was a junk ball, side arm guy that topped out around mid 70’s. He wound up leading the nation in saves in 2002 for SCar’s CWS runner-up team. One of the last guys you’d expect to see on an SEC roster.
One of the skills that isn’t measurable is heart and determination. Scouts love metrics like size, speed, velocity, strength, etc and most don’t like to stick their neck out on someone that doesn’t “fit the bill” (ie, they are undersized, lack velocity, etc) but I think they miss out on some of the big hearted kids who love the game and are passionate about it AND are highly skilled.

VN Store

Back