The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

Ok guys, I need some advice.
My boy(9 yrs old) has been a pretty good player, in tee ball and coach pitch. This is his first year in kid pitch and his team struggled and he struggled. He did ok in the field(SS and CF) but had a hard time at the plate. They lost their 1st playoff game tonight and their season is over. He threw his glove and got real upset, getting into the handshake line. The only thing I told him on the ride home, was I better never see him act like that after a loss, ever again, I love him and am proud of him and when he cools off and is ready to talk about it, let me know and we’ll talk.
He went straight to his room.
When he’s ready, what do I say to him?
This is my first boy. My oldest daughter was a standout soccer player and a softball player, it came easy to her. My other 2 are all girl and don’t care for sports.
I don’t want to be too hard on him but I want him to remember the hurt and work harder for next season and I want him to have fun, which I don’t think he did this season?!
Thoughts?
Thanks guys!
GBO!!

Never forget the sting of losing, but it helps make winning the next time all the sweeter....No one likes to lose, but it is going to happen from time to time.

You sound like a good dad! Get him some hot pizza, or something he likes...Becoming a man is hard work.

Never forget the sting of losing, but it helps make winning the next time all the sweeter....No one likes to lose, but it is going to happen from time to time.

You sound like a good dad! Get him some hot pizza, or something he likes...Becoming a man is hard work.
I finally got a smile out of him. He walked into the kitchen for a post game snack and I asked him if he wanted a beer?
😁
GBO!!

Parenting was always easy for me! Of course, I had some good advice along the way...
DO's and DONT's for Parents when taking care of the baby
GBO!!

Reactions: VolPack22 and vol66
Ok guys, I need some advice.
My boy(9 yrs old) has been a pretty good player, in tee ball and coach pitch. This is his first year in kid pitch and his team struggled and he struggled. He did ok in the field(SS and CF) but had a hard time at the plate. They lost their 1st playoff game tonight and their season is over. He threw his glove and got real upset, getting into the handshake line. The only thing I told him on the ride home, was I better never see him act like that after a loss, ever again, I love him and am proud of him and when he cools off and is ready to talk about it, let me know and we’ll talk.
He went straight to his room.
When he’s ready, what do I say to him?
This is my first boy. My oldest daughter was a standout soccer player and a softball player, it came easy to her. My other 2 are all girl and don’t care for sports.
I don’t want to be too hard on him but I want him to remember the hurt and work harder for next season and I want him to have fun, which I don’t think he did this season?!
Thoughts?
Thanks guys!
GBO!!

Win with class and lose with class. It’s supposed to hurt when ya lose, if it didn’t you’re doing it for the wrong reason. When ya win there’s a kid on the other team that’s worked just as hard, and feels just like you feel now.

VN Store

Back