Va Tech 5-11
Stanford 7-16
KY 10-20
Mizzou 8-20
Miss St 8-15

Yes we held the season's culmination of foes to a combined 28%
but the teams that could actually shoot the three fared pretty well 46%
You can make numbers say what you want them to say, as can I

We won every single one of those games aside from one.

Allowing them to shoot it in some of those was by design.

Cherry picking a few games where teams fared well does not a season make.

28% on the seaosn. That’s the stat that matters

I will not perpetuate your argument with me, but I will address your question:
TX 4-9
Va Tech 5-11
Stanford 7-16
KY 10-20
Mizzou 8-20
Miss St 8-15

Yes we held the season's culmination of foes to a combined 28%
but the teams that could actually shoot the three fared pretty well 46%
You can make numbers say what you want them to say, as can I
I know you are kinda pulling at threads here, but if you go inside and look at the box scores of the 3 point shots attempted, Mississippi State shot 8 of 31, texas shot 7 of 23, Kentucky the first time around shot 4 of 18 albeit the second time around when they beat us and South Carolina they were playing possessed and shot 50% against us, VT shot 12 of 29. Those are our numbers above and we shot 46% against those teams in those teams you mentioned. We shot 29% on the season overall from 3 while our opponents shot 28% and the only teams to shoot above 40% against us were Kentucky the second time around (first time was 22%), Uconn 46%, Alabama 40% & Virginia Tech 41%

Last edited:
I know you are kinda pulling at threads here, but if you go inside and look at the box scores of the 3 point shots attempted, Mississippi State shot 8 of 31, texas shot 7 of 23, Kentucky the first time around shot 4 of 18 albeit the second time around when they beat us and South Carolina they were playing possessed and shot 50% against us, VT shot 12 of 29. Those are our numbers above and we shot 46% against those teams in those teams you mentioned. We shot 29% on the season overall from 3 while our opponents shot 28% and the only teams to shoot above 40% against us were Kentucky the second time around (first time was 22%), Uconn 46%, Alabama 40% & Virginia Tech 41%
I was just showing one of my "fans" that numbers can say anything a person wants them to say,,,that's all ;o)

I looked at our team shooting,,,sigh
giphy.gif

it should have been:
so ill 8-21
va tech 12-29
uconn 12-26
ala 10-25
ky 12-24

54-125=43%
same difference

Last edited:
I was just showing one of my "fans" that numbers can say anything a person wants them to say,,,that's all ;o)

As reflected by what you just made them say

Don’t play cute.

The longer you stay involved with someone like Madi, who is probably a great kid, the lower her chances of being a Lady Vol fall.

We all know the program will NEVER ever let you in. Ever. Which means the more heavily involved you are with a recruit the less Tennessee will look at them. They know who you are and they don’t want you involved. They definitely don’t want you having any sort of inside track on information.

Don’t play cute.

The longer you stay involved with someone like Madi, who is probably a great kid, the lower her chances of being a Lady Vol fall.

We all know the program will NEVER ever let you in. Ever. Which means the more heavily involved you are with a recruit the less Tennessee will look at them. They know who you are and they don’t want you involved. They definitely don’t want you having any sort of inside track on information.
Have a lovely evening

were you here last y ear,,,set shooters tore us up.
ANd if you DO look at her vids, you will also see that she does not get screens for most of her shots,,she is fast enough on the draw to get it off without one.

Jealous?

I know we have Justine,,,wouldn't want to put two long range gunners on the floor, nope, bad idea...wouldn't want to pull 2 of the defenders out of the paint area for Key and co.

Coah K and Coach Sam may or may not be looking at her...But if this kid does in the collegiate ranks what she is doing in the HS ranks we will miss another Rhine/Dangerfield/etc.

This site has a good record for spotting talent and Madi isn't just in the news, she stays in the news.

You're not a fan, so just ignore the post re her,,,NP
There's a huuuge Difference between R-H-Y-N-E and Dangerfield. If your going to STAN for a player and make comparisons at least spell there name right lol.

Reactions: Peas29
Think about Kourtney Dunbar's game and her 3-point shooting ability out of high school coming into Tennessee. Came in as a 6-2 guard with an unlimited range to half court per everyone who ever said anything about her. Hoopgurlz even said "among the elite deep-range shooters in the 2014 class. (Olson)" That set shot did not translate well from high school to the SEC and she was a big strong guard with unlimited range against lesser competition. When she had players her size or even smaller players with good athleticism guard her at the college level, her shot was altered, sped up, and basically became a non-factor. Kourtney had very sketchy stats over the course of 4 years at Tennessee.

Kortney would’ve fared better with a better system. I don’t blame her or her skillset.

Don’t play cute.

Well dang! What did I miss? Serious question…why all the hate towards Coach Jumper. I feel like I missed out on something. He and I don’t see eye to eye all the time, but he seems to be catch a lot heat. Did he do something to the program? Spill the tea!

I am dooooomed i used the incorrect Their and you're ....BUT you still spelled RHYNE wrong that's the point jump off a bridge lol

You did so in a post chastising someone for their spelling error, a post in which you had two errors yourself. Kind of funny and sad at the same time.

Reactions: glv98
Don’t play cute.

👀

I’d rather not spell it all out again.

Definitely nothing new. Let’s just say the program is fully aware of who he is and they are not a fan.

I don't expect to be loved by everyone or in everyone's fandom. . . Don't care if someone loves me, hates me, fears me,,,I only care if someone has NO feelings towards me..,It is only then, that I have not left an impression.

VN Store

Back