SEC Baseball Tourney

hatingbamaisawayoflife

Anyone know Vols schedule for when showing up as far as practice times yet? Asking because yes they are no 1 seed so play Wednesday at 430 but will be there earlier and wondering when/if Tuesday they might be walking around in fanfare for my son to hopefully meet any of them.

Anyone know Vols schedule for when showing up as far as practice times yet? Asking because yes they are no 1 seed so play Wednesday at 430 but will be there earlier and wondering when/if Tuesday they might be walking around in fanfare for my son to hopefully meet any of them.
I went to Hoover I believe in 2006. I was able to get autographs as the team was getting on the bus.

Stand outside in front of the stadium after the game Wednesday and you will get more autographs and pictures you can ask for.

They are bussing the short distance after Saturdays game. I think they are practicing at Hoover High one day and Samford the next after having Sunday off.

Looks like a Vandy/Ole Miss rematch. Honestly I don’t care much about winning in Hoover. I’d rather get our main pitchers rest.

Attachments

• DD2CE0FA-43D0-49CB-B0B8-0EAD1F92AF99.jpeg
    DD2CE0FA-43D0-49CB-B0B8-0EAD1F92AF99.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 581
Reactions: greasemachine
Looks like a Vandy/Ole Miss rematch. Honestly I don’t care much about winning in Hoover. I’d rather get our main pitchers rest.
Regionals won’t start until June 3rd. Our pitchers will be fine. Just focus on winning the first two games of the SECT and we get an extra day of rest before Saturday/Sunday.

Sounds like a lot of fun stuff going on! GBO!!

A special feature in 2022 will be a traveling exhibit from the Negro League Baseball Museum in Kansas City, presented by Regions Bank.

This sounds super cool to me. My wife and I had planned to attend the tournament and spend a few days in the surrounding area but something came up with one of our children. We will be watching as many games as possible and be there in spirit. As well as missing the Vols games, I hate we will miss the Negro Leagues exhibition.

Hope all the Big Orange fans that get to attend have a safe trip and have a blast!

Win it all and leave no doubts. GBO!

A picture of the 2022 Vols holding the SEC tourney trophy would add to my trips down memory lane.

It’s going to be a tough first round matchup, but we also lost in the first game to Alabama last year and then made it to Sunday. I think I’d rather play Vandy. Their offense isn’t as prone to explosive games as Ole Miss can be. However, you can’t let Bradfield on the bag or he’ll be on 3rd base two pitches later.

Who in the tournament do you think is a lock to make regionals no matter what they do and who needs to win a few games or the SEC tournament to make it?

Hey if we win it I won’t be mad. But I don’t what to do what Arky did last year is all.

Nobody wearing Orange does. But after beating NC State 21-2, the Arky team was too busy thinking about playing in Omaha that they forgot to play the game in Fayetteville.

Same thing happened this year, mid season you have Moore popping off about playing in Hoover when he should have been thinking about who's up next.

As Crash says "Don't think. It can only hurt the ball club."

Last edited:
Who in the tournament do you think is a lock to make regionals no matter what they do and who needs to win a few games or the SEC tournament to make it?
Locks: UT, A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, UGA, Florida, Vandy
Kentucky, South Carolina, and Bama would probably need to win the tourney.
Ole Miss is right on the cusp

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
It’s going to be a tough first round matchup, but we also lost in the first game to Alabama last year and then made it to Sunday. I think I’d rather play Vandy. Their offense isn’t as prone to explosive games as Ole Miss can be. However, you can’t let Bradfield on the bag or he’ll be on 3rd base two pitches later.
Isn’t it crazy how far Vandy and Ole Miss fell? Both were number 1 for a brief time and now they’re in the 8/9 game of the SEC tournament.

Reactions: feathersax
Locks: UT, A&M, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, UGA, Florida, Vandy
Kentucky, South Carolina, and Bama would probably need to win the tourney.
Ole Miss is right on the cusp
I believe we will see at least 3 of those teams in Omaha. 4 is certainly possible or too.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back