Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That dudes gone viral. Already a meme, gif, etc all over the golf Reddit threads and seen it outside of the golf threads too.

Agreed though. Dude had the best seat in the house in that moment and he took it all in completely. Well done.
are we really that bored as a society?

Reactions: jave36
So I am confused. We have some posters on here that continually spout NIL is the only factor in recruiting. The only reason a team gets a recruit is because of NIL. Relationships don’t matter now. But here we have Jordan Addison, one of the best WRs in the nation, turning down much better NIL deals to play with Caleb Williams at USC.

USC WR Jordan Addison received higher NIL offers from other programs, per report
aTm recruits from last year also said they received better NIL offers. Don't believe everything he says. Still trying to deflect from the USC tampering charge.

So I am confused. We have some posters on here that continually spout NIL is the only factor in recruiting. The only reason a team gets a recruit is because of NIL. Relationships don’t matter now. But here we have Jordan Addison, one of the best WRs in the nation, turning down much better NIL deals to play with Caleb Williams at USC.

USC WR Jordan Addison received higher NIL offers from other programs, per report

Why is this such a big deal to you? Any rational person understands that every kid is different, and every decision is weighted on factors that are important to them. While it seems to annoy you to no end, there will be those who come to Tennessee for the money. Others will come become they love Knoxville. Others will come because they see the opportunity to be developed by some great coaches. Others see playing time. Why does it matter as long as we get great players?

I love that you are using Jordan Addison to make your case against the impact of NIL. Next you should use Jeffrey Dahmer as a case study on why people from Wisconsin are so nice.

But anyway. Been waiting for this one.

but as a source put it: ‘This was more about football than NIL. He could have gotten more money from schools besides USC.’”

So.. A random person in Addison's "camp"?

Proof? What's the proof? Proof? You got evidence BigOrange? Proof? Proof? But what about that proof doh? Weird how random quotes from anonymous people are good enough now. Strange.

Posters are not saying that NIL is the ONLY factor in luring players to any team (through recruiting or the portal). Like anything else, it is now a factor that weighs in the decision to join, leave, or stay at a program.

Just like interviewing in your career, money is a part of the decision. Sometimes you learn it shouldn't be the most important part of that decision. Sometimes you get a Godfather offer that you can't refuse. Some of these players will learn that money can't drive all decisions. Some of these players are 18 years old getting (what are to them) Godfather offers.

For Tennessee, NIL isn't important because it's the only thing that matters. It's important because it is a way to attract attention and get looks that we usually wouldn't get. You get a story coming out about Nico and that gets recruits' attention. It gets everyone talking about us, and how we are at the forefront of the new way of recruiting. Attention gets conversations, conversations lead to visits, visits lead to commitments. NIL isn't the MOST IMPORTANT factor in recruiting. It's the most important factor FOR US, RIGHT NOW, because it is how we are changing the conversation around Tennessee when it comes to recruiting.

The beauty of the area, the facilities, the school, the people in and around the program. Those have always been great. Those things aren't changing. They are still great.

The difference is that we have (finally) found a way to monetize our unrivaled passion in our fanbase. So players that usually wouldn't have come to see all of the great things that Tennessee has to offer are finally giving us a second or harder look because we are doing something exciting.

You also realize that the media are going to spin and tell the stories that they're often told to say, right?

Last edited:
My bologna has a first name, it's O-S-C-A-R,
My bologna has a second name, it's M-A-Y-E-R,
Oh, I love to eat it every day, if you ask me why I'll say,
'Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A

All you haters can suck it.
After spending multiple hours deep in critical research, I've found that both parties (if you're American) are likely right.

What’s The Difference Between Baloney And Bologna? - Dictionary.com

I'd like to motion for a move to the topic of buttermilk. Is it acceptable to pour it straight from the jug to a glass and drink it that way? Should it only be used for making biscuits, cornbread, or other dishes that include multiple ingredients?

After spending multiple hours deep in critical research, I've found that both parties (if you're American) are likely right.

What’s The Difference Between Baloney And Bologna? - Dictionary.com

I'd like to motion for a move to the topic of buttermilk. Is it acceptable to pour it straight from the jug to a glass and drink it that way? Should it only be used for making biscuits, cornbread, or other dishes that include multiple ingredients?
Buttermilk by itself is gag-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back