Steve Spurrier comments on Jimbo Fisher's reaction...

Brave Volunteer

“I don’t know why (Fisher) is mad at Saban," Spurrier said, via DawgNation. "Did Saban say something that wasn’t true?”

“I don’t think Saban told any lies in there, so I don’t know what he was mad about. Since (Fisher) beat him last year, I guess he can talk now. He hasn’t beat much of anybody, but he beat Saban last year. But they haven’t won the division or anything since he’s been there.”

:D You gotta love Spurrier!

I love it—-what Spurrier said is funny bc it’s true! I like to see these coaches jab at each other. I know Jimbo/Nick know each other very well so I think the whole thing is getting blown up by the media for clicks since it is offseason.

Spurrier’s comments are always truth serum.
Nah. When Spurrier said “I don’t think Saban told any lies in there," Spurrier was lying. 😂

Spurrier went off on Jimbo because Jimbo -- after truthfully calling out cheating-Saban the fraud -- somehow just had to add those dumb bragging lies of his own about the "Free Shoes U" guy doing things "the right way." 🙄 Pissed visor boy off imo.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Nah. When Spurrier said “I don’t think Saban told any lies in there," Spurrier was lying. 😂

Spurrier went off on Jimbo because Jimbo -- after truthfully calling out cheating-Saban the fraud -- somehow just had to add those dumb bragging lies of his own about the "Free Shoes U" guy doing things "the right way." 🙄 Pissed visor boy off imo.

We disagree, and that’s…okay.

Saban is living in 2020. Time has changed. Football & Bb players & their families don’t give a flying F if Tiffany plays tennis or softball. They want their money NOW. Let Tiffany get hers best she can.

Saban is living in 2020. Time has changed. Football & Bb players & their families don’t give a flying F if Tiffany plays tennis or softball. They want their money NOW. Let Tiffany get hers best she can.
I absolutely agree with this statement 150%!! Nothing to do with college athletes, but I'm married to Tiffany! Let her get some money!

Jimbo is mad at Saban for being a hypocrite. Everyone knows Alabama has paid for players over the years. Saban wasn’t lying but he’s just upset that his job is harder now and he actually has to earn his salary. Only thing differently I would’ve said is I would’ve sold Saban out during my press conference and given the media facts about his “recruiting”. Hopefully journalists dig into Jimbo’s claims.

“I don’t know why (Fisher) is mad at Saban," Spurrier said, via DawgNation. "Did Saban say something that wasn’t true?”

“I don’t think Saban told any lies in there, so I don’t know what he was mad about. Since (Fisher) beat him last year, I guess he can talk now. He hasn’t beat much of anybody, but he beat Saban last year. But they haven’t won the division or anything since he’s been there.”

:D You gotta love Spurrier!
No I don’t.

Saban criticizing anyone for cheating is just laughable.

How soon he forgets that it wasn’t long ago wads of cash and cars were ok. Now it’s not because every one can do it.

He hasn't forgot. He wants it to be that way again. His well oiled machine that he could conveniently deny and sit back and let happen is now useless. He no longer has the competitive advantage and is now working his friends in the media, commissioners, and NCAA to help get it back.

Saban criticizing anyone for cheating is just laughable.

How soon he forgets that it wasn’t long ago wads of cash and cars were ok. Now it’s not because every one can do it.
Everybody was doing is already. Saban is most definitely upset because of a loss of some kind of a competitive advantage, but it is more complicated than "Everybody, not just him, is paying guys now."

Personally, I think he's upset that the money is similar between Alabama and A&M. Since NIL is legal and above board, all of the recruits can see what kinds of deals are being signed. It isn't an opaque market like before where everybody knew that guys were getting paid, but it was unclear what exactly or how much they were receiving. Everybody can see the market rate - Daddy don't like that. He prefers the opacity and operating in the shadows. He'll whine and complain for a while but then I'm sure he'll figure it out, just like he's figured out every other innovation that has come along (fast offenses, spread offenses, etc.).

Reactions: Volatility
Money is not equal between A&M and Bama right now. Oil is over $100 a barrel. You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think A&M has more money than Bama right now (as far as alumni who are passionate about football). A&M has 70,000 students and graduates a ton each year, meaning more alumni donating more $$.

Reactions: BUBear
Money is not equal between A&M and Bama right now. Oil is over $100 a barrel. You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think A&M has more money than Bama right now (as far as alumni who are passionate about football). A&M has 70,000 students and graduates a ton each year, meaning more alumni donating more $$.
That's fine, but it's not the point. Nick Saban had no problem with Bryce Young receiving close to $1 million before ever playing a down of college football, but when A&M goes the same route, then suddenly luring recruits with potential NIL deals, becomes akin to "buying players."

Nick Saban is a hypocrite,

That's fine, but it's not the point. Nick Saban had no problem with Bryce Young receiving close to $1 million before ever playing a down of college football, but when A&M goes the same route, then suddenly luring recruits with potential NIL deals, becomes akin to "buying players."

Nick Saban is a hypocrite,

Yeah, this is not in doubt. He wants to be the only team with the advantage. When he can’t have a stacked deck against most other teams, he doesn’t like it.

Saban is a total hypocrite and he's crying because he doesn't have a stranglehold anymore and he singled out some coaches which he shouldn't have done, and those coaches are naturally reacting to that. Truth or not doesn't matter, and Spurrier is a clown for interjecting himself (as per usual) on those grounds.

Saban is a total hypocrite and he's crying because he doesn't have a stranglehold anymore and he singled out some coaches which he shouldn't have done, and those coaches are naturally reacting to that. Truth or not doesn't matter, and Spurrier is a clown for interjecting himself (as per usual) on those grounds.
spurrier is drunk again. NIL is getting the best of Saban and he may not be the top attraction anymore so lets make noise in the press.

VN Store

Back