Bama’s past is littered with cheating and dishonorable tactics

NeverWe'llSever

NashVol
I see a lot of Bammers on social media and the internet going to bat for their program. They actually believe they are a clean program who doesn’t pay players and, of course, they eat up every word Saban says when he talks about parity. Here’s just a few examples of past Bama cheating/scandals/dishonorable tactics that I’m aware of.

-Dodge chargers
-Houses for players (Tua…cough, cough)
-Textbook money scandal in 2005-2007
-Albert Means
-Bear Bryant taking way more players than necessary just to spite Tennessee and other SEC programs, knowing full well they may never play for Bammer but lying and telling the recruits otherwise.

I’m a young fan, so this is all I know off the top of my head. But everyone in SEC country knows this is a filthy program of loathsome character and without honor.

Any other items that should be added to the list of Bammer sins? I’d particularly like to hear from older fans.

I see a lot of Bammers on social media and the internet going to bat for their program. They actually believe they are a clean program who doesn’t pay players and, of course, they eat up every word Saban says when he talks about parity. Here’s just a few examples of past Bama cheating/scandals/dishonorable tactics that I’m aware of.

-Dodge chargers
-Albert Means
-Bear Bryant taking way more players than necessary just to spite Tennessee and other SEC programs, knowing full well they may never play for Bammer but lying and telling the recruits otherwise.

I’m a young fan, so this is all I know off the top of my head. But everyone in SEC country knows this is a filthy program of loathsome character and without honor.

Any other items that should be added to the list of Bammer sins? I’d particularly like to hear from older fans.

All fans believe their school is "clean". Reality is, no school is "clean".

In my almost 60 years being around our school, seen a lot of things happen.... Most of which has never been heard, thank you D Dickey.

But that is normal at all places folks.

On the documentary “college football”, they told the story of the third ever game played between bama and Auburn. Bama had lost the first two, so they paid students from North Carolinas team to play. The ref had worked a unc game the prior month, and recognized the players. They have been cheating for over 100 years. Thats all.

In my almost 60 years being around our school, seen a lot of things happen.... Most of which has never been heard, thank you D Dickey.

All the SEC programs are "dirty" (except maybe Vandy), but that's also why it's so ridiculous for Saban to be moralizing on this subject. It's like Bobby Petrino lecturing people on infidelity.

People say NIL is going to ruin college football, but I'm 100% i the opposite camp. There's always been money going around and it's much better out in the open, rather than arbitrarily punishing some programs and allowing others to get away with it.

All the SEC programs are "dirty" (except maybe Vandy), but that's also why it's so ridiculous for Saban to be moralizing on this subject. It's like Bobby Petrino lecturing people on infidelity.

People say NIL is going to ruin college football, but I'm 100% i the opposite camp. There's always been money going around and it's much better out in the open, rather than arbitrarily punishing some programs and allowing others to get away with it.

vandy is not an exception.... they are in there also... I should say have been in the past. I've not kept up with things as close the last few years..

Cracks me up when fans of any school talk about others about being dirty and act like theirs is clean.. Just really funny to me. Tennessee has been extremely fortunate for decades compared to others, including Alabama, when it comes to dirt becoming public.

vandy is not an exception.... they are in there also... I should say have been in the past. I've not kept up with things as close the last few years..

Cracks me up when fans of any school talk about others about being dirty and act like theirs is clean.. Just really funny to me. Tennessee has been extremely fortunate for decades compared to others, including Alabama, when it comes to dirt becoming public.
Yeah I'm sure some big money guy from there has bought some players books and stuff....Those bastards!

I don’t think UT has been fortunate, our dirt regularly becomes public knowledge.
I don’t agree with holier than thou attitude of most fans either.

The article pointing out Sabans record at LSU and then showing how he IMMEDIATELY turned Bama into the most dominant program ever speaks a lot of volumes.

Why wasn't he unbeatable at LSU every year? How come he gets to Bama, 7-5 in 2007 followed by practically never losing and having the number one recruiting class 9 times from 2010 on?

There’s a time to talk and a time to shut up. Why on earth Saban is leading the charge on how College Football needs to be cleaned up and fixed is the most ridiculous things I’ve seen in a long time.

Roughly translated...

Everyone lives in a glass house and all live under one big glass dome called the NCAA....

I am ready for the Bama Regime to fall and be exposed.....NIL ruined Sabans perfect recruiting pitches......NIL will ruin college football the way it is handled now and Saban is fearful of his legacy of success.

Reactions: Remy and mpfvol

-Dodge chargers
-Albert Means

If not mistaken, the University of Alabama's football program is most penalized in the history of the NCAA. Almost got the death penalty in the early 2000's when 6-7 SEC coaches turned their sorry azzes in for buying recruits.

Reactions: onevol74 and sjt18
I don’t think UT has been fortunate, our dirt regularly becomes public knowledge.
I don’t agree with holier than thou attitude of most fans either.
Our dirt that has been exposed has nothing on the dirt that hasn’t. The use of the “hostess” girls for recruits was worse than most people realize.

-Dodge chargers
-Albert Means

Tua parents getting paid astronomical amount of money to house sit for a bummer booster in bummer land. Add that to the list.

Just admit it. The czar wants to come off like he is clean as a whistle and that is just a bunch of bs. He is guilty as the rest.

-Dodge chargers
-Albert Means

The Russian citizens, for the most part, believe their government line about the war in Ukraine. I wonder who has taken lessons from whom, Bama or Russia?? Now, we American sports fans are way to smart and educated to fall for any party or sports program's line on honesty. RIGHT?:rolleyes:

VN Store

Back