Saban Lashes Out at A&M - Bama is a NIL Dinosaur

Or it will continue until there is more parity. College football already destroyed itself by having the least amount of parity in any sport. You like seeing Bama win a natty every year??

There will be parity but it will be brief. There is no parity when money is involved, the rich simply get richer. Sabin is complaining because he can see the writing on the wall. Coaches like him got the big bucks because of their recruiting capability now that is handled in another way. That will not last long either, the system will crash and then be rebuilt at some point.

Ole Boogie at Talkin’ VAWLS made a very interesting assertion: that ‘Bama can’t compete with Tennessee in terms of raising NIL money. And think about it; you’re talking B’ham, Montgomery, and Mobile vs Nash, Knox, Memphis, and Chatty.
There’s money in Alabama to spend all they would ever need for any player they desire. Alabama’s problem is that nobody trust anyone with the money. There’s no honor among those criminals. So until they figure out who can be be trusted to run a collective, it’s going to be tough for them to get in on the NIL action.

That’s why Saban knows they are in trouble as a program.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I have a hard time believing that. I'm sure Alabama has just as many big money boosters as we do. They just haven't gotten organized with it yet and just like every other major Power 5 program, they'll have their own collective by this time next year, doing exactly what we're doing. Then it will just come back down to what it always comes down to. Which programs are winning championships and putting players in the league.

I REALLY have a hard time believing that!

Certainly there is more money and business in the Tennessee than Alabama.

I agree with you on the Tennessee fans in Birmingham..

Reactions: Jax_Vol
There will be parity but it will be brief. There is no parity when money is involved, the rich simply get richer. Sabin is complaining because he can see the writing on the wall. Coaches like him got the big bucks because of their recruiting capability now that is handled in another way. That will not last long either, the system will crash and then be rebuilt at some point.

Maybe it'll crash, but it probably won't. NIL deals are endorsement deals. And you cannot limit someone's earnings based on anything. Schools can connect organizations and such to athletes, but after that, you can't cap it. It isn't school play money, its businesses and conglomerates and boosters paying for celebrity endorsers.

When Saban can’t control everything, he goes psycho. His offense used to suck - he lost to Clemson because it wasn’t as good. He evolved.

Funny to think that Bama is behind A&M in NIL.

And didn’t he say in SEC media days last year that Bryce Young had a 7 figure NIL deal despite having not played a game?

Reactions: norrislakevol
He's just mad because what he has been doing under the table for years is now legal and all schools are doing it.

I think you are right but I think the reasons go deeper:

1) The cost for the players have went up drastically now that market forces and competition is in play.

2) Money will prevent 4/5* players from being patient to sit on the bench, this has been a big recruiting advantage in his pitch and also allowed him to continue to win even with big injuries late in the season.

3) Lastly it will be difficult when Alabama gets their act together for the SEC/NCAA to go after Nicky’s enemies while Alabama is eventually doing the same thing all in public view.

These 3 things will even the playing field which is why Nicky will retire rather than learn the new game. No matter how great he is when the playing field gets leveled sometimes people‘s Halos come off. Looks at F1’s Lewis Hamilton this season. Could this be why Coach K left…

Reactions: norrislakevol
Cut it out Nick. Bama boosters have been paying players and their families for years. These players go to Bama without a car, and then like magic, a new Dodge Charger appears out of thin air.
Boosters giving them cars and cash is not Bama paying them.

Saban said he didn't like NIL as a recruiting tool. But he told every one within ear shot about his player who hadn't played a down but had a million dollar deal. Okay.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
"It’s clear that Saban is concerned about NIL deals. And it’s all because these NIL deals level the playing field in recruiting — something that’s ultimately a good thing for college football."

Um...no...no it won't. Unless...Vanderbilt galvanizes/unleashes it's metric F-ton of millionaires. I mean my freshman clash was the highest in wealth/capita in the COUNTRY. Finding a Vandy grad without a couple million in assets would probably be like finding a Unicorn. I'm at a spa right now and there are 3 other Vanderbilt grads here and this place ain't cheap. Furthermore, if Vandy concentrated their NILs in one sport....say like basketball...the final four every year could be Vandy/Stanford/Duke and the new sports powerhouse and newest Big Ten member Harvard. I mean no offense but Harvard might be able to buy BAMA's whole University with their endowment fund.

Since this ain't likely, I sincerely doubt there will a whole lot of leveling of the playing field. More imbalance and fewer elite teams is the most likely. Oh and don't think USC [cal not s.c.] grads aren't Rich as F. Seriously, TN's advantage was organizing so quickly but without regulation we will fall back to the middle of the pack.

I mean Nico is a different breed of player but good chances Saban would have him and arch both negotiating for that qb spot.I think that in itself pisses him off tremdously.Icky Niky ain't used to not getting what he wants,to not land any of those main steam qbs is a big miss period.Theyll be fine but perception and social media presentation is half the battle anymore.Nico got both in spades and I'm F*kn ready !!

In reference to A&M...I wonder how that team is going to gel with a bunch of dudes that went there only for the money and really don't have their hearts in that school? I foresee locker room issues...and a mass exodus of players to schools they love if things don't go the way they think they should in the first couple of years. Just my 2 cents.
It could happen, that’s why coaches and staffs that do their homework on who they are investing into their program is important. Folks just throwing money around with no leaders and quality coaches will not fare well. I do think we are blessed with a staff that recruits the total person and player. Not saying they are all saints but we seem to be recruiting good people and talented players. The me first and undisciplined types are not a good formula for success. GBO!

Reactions: American_PitVol
Jimbo hit it out if the park when he said Saban is a narcissist and isn’t the football god. I’ve felt that way for a long time. He’s always had the most talented team by far and feels like he can just flat out control the sport to an extent. Screw that. NIL is giving other teams an opportunity to compete with the bama’s of the world for elite talent. It’s great for us and great for the sport

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Saban is turning into Bud Kilmer. He will cheat and protect his legacy at all costs his ego is huge and he thinks he is untouchable. I predict and hope for a messy ride into the sunset for the midget and I hope like hell we beat him before he is gone.

VN Store

Back