For the UT fans who hate Bob Kesling…

Since moving to Miami I have listened to a couple of FL broadcasts and thought he was awful. Wasn’t sure if my hatred for FL was swaying my opinion.

I’ve been extremely vocal of my hatred of Mick Hubert for years. He’s UF’s worst PBP guy in my lifetime, and he’s hailed as some sort of legend.

He rode the coat tails of UF’s successes under Jeremy Foley. His calls weren’t legendary, he just happened to be the guy behind the mic when UF won a bunch of SEC and national titles in football and hoops. Mick didn’t make those moments, those moments made him.

So glad he’s finally leaving.

Been at DW in the fall and heard him. He sucks too. Probably not as bad as Bob, but did not like him.

Exhibit B…

Fast forward to 4:05 and listen to Mick’s call of a Joe Burrow pick-6 that sealed the game, and how long it took…AFTER the play…for Mick to let the radio listeners know a pick-6 just happened.

Last edited:
Wow, he’s horrible

Yep, without question he’s terrible.

Mick also botched the call as we won our back-to-back hoops title in 2007 against Ohio State.

He was attempting to say, “They’ve done it, they’ve done it…they’ve won it, they’ve won it…back to back national championships!!”

He clearly had the line already written and likely rehearsed, but messed up anyway. He tripped over the “done it” and “won it”.

Last edited:
I'm sorry...Bob is worse. Don't take that away from us. TN is better at having the worst. Bumbling Bob is probably the worst announcer I've ever heard.

At least Mick sounds like he's a fan of Gators. Bumbling Bob tried to remain neutral. And he just sucks.

Reactions: buryMEinORANGE
To be fair given that most of their fanbase only started to follow football when spurrier arrived 32 years ago they probably have no idea what a good play by play announcer actually is.

Reactions: GreveHaller

VN Store

Back