Saban Lashes Out at A&M - Bama is a NIL Dinosaur

Its pro football now. Forget everything you knew about college football, those days are gone. This will continue to grow as agents, coaches, boosters and athletic directors get creative in getting the best players on their team. The fire started will burn out of control until it destroys itself. Then we can start over.
You do realize this has been going on for years, even when we were on top of the world...

Oh it's not a lack of self-awareness--Saban knows exactly what he's doing and what Alabama does.

He knows firing the first shots automatically will put the opponent on the defensive. Now anything that A&M or Jimbo says back, however true, will be seen as a petty retaliation.
Execpt it's not going the way he expected this time. Jimbo is going for the juggler and Saban is getting back;ash from all over.

I think Saban has finally bit off more than he can chew

Good news for us that Saban's not adjusting to the new NIL landscape. Old dogs and new tricks, I guess.

Per USA Today:

"...Saban said Alabama didn't offer NIL deals to its recruits.

"We were second in recruiting last year," he said. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn’t buy one player. But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it."

View attachment 456387

View attachment 456388
wasnt it just last year Saban was bragging about Bryce Youngs million dollar NIL deal? Now he says we dont do that.

You do realize this has been going on for years, even when we were on top of the world...

Everybody knows its been going on but muted simply be the amount that can be hidden from view. We have gone to cash for a likeness to 8 million dollar contracts in the space of 8 months. They have recently OKed NIL money for kids in high school as they are being groomed by the power 5. All that and its only the beginning, they have just started thinking. When it becomes possible to legally buy a championship everyone is a customer. It will continue until it destroys itself.

Reactions: feathersax
Finebaum not reflexively defending Sban 🤔
Maybe he is preparing the ground to become the toadie for a new master of Saban stumbles

Reactions: feathersax
Everybody knows its been going on but muted simply be the amount that can be hidden from view. We have gone to cash for a likeness to 8 million dollar contracts in the space of 8 months. They have recently OKed NIL money for kids in high school as they are being groomed by the power 5. All that and its only the beginning, they have just started thinking. When it becomes possible to legally buy a championship everyone is a customer. It will continue until it destroys itself.
Or it will continue until there is more parity. College football already destroyed itself by having the least amount of parity in any sport. You like seeing Bama win a natty every year??

What if this is a roundabout plan that Saban and Jimbo concocted to try to get NIL under control because they feel threatened by Heupal and Tennessee?

Good news for us that Saban's not adjusting to the new NIL landscape. Old dogs and new tricks, I guess.

Per USA Today:

"...Saban said Alabama didn't offer NIL deals to its recruits.

"We were second in recruiting last year," he said. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn’t buy one player. But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it."

View attachment 456387

View attachment 456388

This was just mentioned on the Finebaum show today.

The most interesting Aspect of this is going to see which side or which aspect Kiffin Lands on in this Battle.....
He will not be able to keep his mouth Shut or will he?
What will he do? What Sound Bites?

Get your Popcorn Ready....

VN Store

Back