Anybody remember this? Merge with Saban/Jimbo thread if need be.....

Every program cheats just not on the level of Bama. Money, cars, jobs for family, etc. Let’s not even get into them basically having the league and officials wrapped around their finger.

You seriously don’t think Miami wasn’t cheating at that level in the 80’s? You don’t think is and FSU have cheated at an extremely high level? We have. It’s easy to pick on Bama because TN fans want to use that as ammo for why they have dominated us for so long. But make no mistake, many u overworked have cheated on Bamas level and continue to do so.

You seriously don’t think Miami wasn’t cheating at that level in the 80’s? You don’t think is and FSU have cheated at an extremely high level? We have. It’s easy to pick on Bama because TN fans want to use that as ammo for why they have dominated us for so long. But make no mistake, many u overworked have cheated on Bamas level and continue to do so.

Prove it. Prove that we've cheated at "Bama's level." I call BS. You know specific details? Share them. We've cheated, we've been on probation with sanctions, but nothing to the extent and depth of the Gumps.

Prove it. Prove that we've cheated at "Bama's level." I call BS. You know specific details? Share them. We've cheated, we've been on probation with sanctions, but nothing to the extent and depth of the Gumps.

My guess is few have cheated on the level that Bama has...im fairly certain Jimbo knows its more than just recruiting where Bama is dirty. I think Jimbo's over use of the word despicable indicates that a rock Saban doesnt want turned over is being lifted a little bit. Hopefully a journalist will have the strength to flip that rock on over.

Reactions: kcvols1
Lol. No one is going to do that. And why would they want to? I care more about the program than proving a point.

I will say some boosters do not care if the program wants to be clean or not. Bama has a few in particular that do not care about federal laws so why in hell would they care about the NCAA rules? Pretty much I agree with you that most programs don’t cheat on the level of Bama; Miami however did have a period where they were close to that level, getting players prostitutes, paying for abortions when players got girls pregnant, etc. Tennessee isn’t faultless but they’ve never went close to that level.

Reactions: kcvols1
Lol. No one is going to do that. And why would they want to? I care more about the program than proving a point.

I will say some boosters do not care if the program wants to be clean or not. Bama has a few in particular that do not care about federal laws so why in hell would they care about the NCAA rules? Pretty much I agree with you that most programs don’t cheat on the level of Bama; Miami however did have a period where they were close to that level, getting players prostitutes, paying for abortions when players got girls pregnant, etc. Tennessee isn’t faultless but they’ve never went close to that level.

Yes, the Hurricanes of the 80's were probably on "Bama's level of cheat," no doubt. Other than Mississippi, through the 50's, 60's, and even into the 70's there wasn't a more racist, backwards state than Alabama. Football was all they had. Big difference is that Bahr's teams were made up of 80-90% of Alabama kids. The Wee-one's teams are 90% out of state kids.

Not a peep out of Georgia.....Figured they would way it. LOL
Not a good look for the SEC, NCAA or Commissioner.

With Emmert out, Saban doesn't have someone to cover his tracks. Plus, with the NCAA losing power, Saban lacks the system he has abused for a couple of decades to continue to benefit him. I hope everything comes out and we have a massive "reset" and the loss of numerous titles.

My biggest refrain in games is when the announcer says "we will have to go to Birmingham and let the experts review this". I'm thinking these guys are at restaurants and Bars rubbing elbows with Gumps all weekend and their deciding game-changing calls. They have got it covered the money that has been spread around for cover, the NIL is a big threat.

Not mentioning names here but I had a Co-angler who was a Gump tell me he knows 100% that a guy who signed with Bama got his girlfriend a free ride to Bama. Said she was at best a C student.

You have a better chance at spotting Sasquatch than a ref calling a bama lineman for a holding penalty.

Not mentioning names here but I had a Co-angler who was a Gump tell me he knows 100% that a guy who signed with Bama got his girlfriend a free ride to Bama. Said she was at best a C student.

Bama gives out so much scholarship $, the dummy could have got in on her own!

Bama’s identity is uniquely tied to football and the student and alumni culture built up around that. It’s a different level of historical and institutional involvement. Systematic cheating and cover ups have absolutely been a big part of historically maintaining that to a degree few other schools have matched.

NIL is a new day. Saban’s run isn’t finished yet but his institutional advantage is absolutely DONE.

VN Store

Back