Dan Mullen is now a high school coach

It sounds like he’s just taking time off. Like someone said earlier, he’s already making millions.

On another note, why do you all think he failed at Florida? I didn’t follow them closely, but it seemed like he was more of an X’s and O’s coach and less of a recruiter. I don’t know if that played into him getting fired or not.
He phoned it in last year after playing us. Zero effort and energy seemingly put into the program at all. His pressers, him on the sidelines, recruiting. It all seemed like the same issue, no effort from him as HC.

Reactions: Volatility
It sounds like he’s just taking time off. Like someone said earlier, he’s already making millions.

On another note, why do you all think he failed at Florida? I didn’t follow them closely, but it seemed like he was more of an X’s and O’s coach and less of a recruiter. I don’t know if that played into him getting fired or not.

Good question. Perhaps one of the gators will come by and answer. I didn't really follow him either. Thinking he was below average recruiter.

Coming into the job, he was supposed to be solid with quarterbacks. But, he never ended up with a great athlete in that position.

Still running the old Tebow offense which has fallen some unless you go up-tempo. Don't think he paid much attention to the defense.

Used public opportunties to say some really dumb stuff...aka, wanted a packed house during peaks of covid. In the end, the off field miscues might have been the tipping point. Just comes off as kinda goofy..

Reactions: Volatility

Something happened to his team either the week of the Kentucky game or during the Kentucky game last year, and after the LSU game his guys seemed to completely give up. Most people point to a lack of recruiting doing him in. I don't think that completely adds up because he was never a stellar recruiter the whole time he was at UF, but people did not start calling for his head until the second half of last season when they started losing.

I think he was fired because of how the team looked in those losses during the second half of last season. They played like they didn't care and had completely given up, and he had no positives (e.g., a good recruiting class coming in, good relationships with admin people, etc.) to fall back on.

Something happened to his team either the week of the Kentucky game or during the Kentucky game last year, and after the LSU game his guys seemed to completely give up. Most people point to a lack of recruiting doing him in. I don't think that completely adds up because he was never a stellar recruiter the whole time he was at UF, but people did not start calling for his head until the second half of last season when they started losing.

I think he was fired because of how the team looked in those losses during the second half of last season. They played like they didn't care and had completely given up, and he had no positives (e.g., a good recruiting class coming in, good relationships with admin people, etc.) to fall back on.
South Carolina and Samford had to be what finished the job.

Last edited:
That Samford win might be the "worst win" in college football history. Giving up 52 points not merely to a lower-level school, but a BAD lower-level school. That would've arguably been the biggest upset in CFB history if it happened.
...and they were down a TD at halftime. Would have been down 2 TDs at halftime if UF didn't hit a long TD pass with about a minute remaining!

Pruitt is the quintessential button-pusher. He does not really know how the machine works or how to design his own, but he can follow directions well and knows to press the green button when the blue light comes on, pull the lever when the red light comes on, etc.

Watch this video for as long as you can stomach it, which isn't likely to be long. It is obvious he understands defensive football on a technical level, but his ability to 1) come up with this stuff himself and 2) explain it in an effective way is truly lacking. He uses internal jargon like "Stump" without really explaining it, like he just assumes everybody knows what that is, and in the film he shows from practice he repeatedly goes "Well, that guy wasn't supposed to do that." It's amazing.

No wonder our players couldn’t get lined up and looked lost half the time

It should come as no surprise. The guy is an idiot. I tried to look past all of his “I’m just a football coach” stuff because that’s what wanted after Butch, but he just wasn’t very bright . At least not in a way that could allow him to be the CEO of a major football program.
View attachment 455947
Asparagus… it’s asparagus, Jeremy.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It should come as no surprise. The guy is an idiot. I tried to look past all of his “I’m just a football coach” stuff because that’s what wanted after Butch, but he just wasn’t very bright . At least not in a way that could allow him to be the CEO of a major football program.
View attachment 455947

we are the same!!

I’m so glad you posted this. It was when I saw this clip I undoubtedly knew we were doomed

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back