Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time gap between your birth year and now and your birth year minus your age is pretty wild to think about. For me…

1946 …⬅️ 1984 ➡️ … 2022

The amount of change in this world is quite great to think about. In the time I’ve been alive I could have seen the end of WWII. And I think of myself as relatively young.
I was talking about that very thing with my son at the International Towing and Recovery museum in Chattanooga Saturday. The crazy pace of technogical progress over the last 120-150 years is absolutely mind blowing when you think how stagnant and slow it was over the prior 5-10,000 years.

It is too much too fast.

I was talking about that very thing with my son at the International Towing and Recovery museum in Chattanooga Saturday. The crazy pace of technogical progress over the last 120-150 years is absolutely mind blowing when you think how stagnant and slow it was over the prior 5-10,000 years.

It is too much too fast.

The International Towing and Recovery Museum is quite possibly the most redneck museum that could ever be imagined.

"Just look at that flat bed, and oh dang... that is one hell of a winch. The things that winch could do just blows my mind, Jim. You want to head over to the Hall of Chains and Pulleys next?"

I literally have no clue what that means.
The Mendoza line is a .200 batting average in baseball...named so as joke by the teamates of a Pittsburgh Pirates player named Mario Mendoza who had a career batting average of .215 but typically hit around .200

Hence the joke "she's a couple of hot dogs over the Mendoza line"..meaning she is a few pounds over 200 lbs..

It's not funny when you have to explain it..🤦‍♂️

The Mendoza line is a .200 batting average in baseball...named so as joke by the teamates of a Pittsburgh Pirates player named Mario Mendoza who had a career batting average of .215 but typically hit around .200

Hence the joke "she's a couple of hot dogs over the Mendoza line"..meaning she is a few pounds over 200 lbs..

It's not funny when you have to explain it..🤦‍♂️
It kind of is funny when YOU explain it.

The International Towing and Recovery Museum is quite possibly the most redneck museum that could ever be imagined.

"Just look at that flat bed, and oh dang... that is one hell of a winch. The things that winch could do just blows my mind, Jim. You want to head over to the Hall of Chains and Pulleys next?"
My granson loved it...he is nuts over tow trucks, cars, motorcycles, earth moving equipment and trains...yes he is a chunk off the old redneck block..🥰

Nothing wrong with bringing them up right, and congrats to the lad on his catch, goes back to the first of my post. Love to see it in this old grandma’s heart. 🧡
Actually I caught both of them this evening, we always get pictures with him holding them. Kinda let’s him feel included I guess. He got his biggest last Saturday, the kid loves it. CAB9CBA4-924E-46B8-9DF8-C281797BD5AD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back