Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

If they get real tangible assets, they should.

If they get fleece like they did with Grayson, then no
they should trade him for literally nothing to no longer have him but I would be shocked if they traded him for anything at all

The grizzlies, for whatever reason, value him. Doubt anyone else does

Okay. I thought Adams could go. Hate to see Tyus go but would understand.
He (Adams) has value and will be a massive expiring contract so could definitely be traded but he’s under contract

I don’t know about his Bird rights but unless we have some advantage on the market in keeping tyus, he will be gone.

He (Adams) has value and will be a massive expiring contract so could definitely be traded but he’s under contract

I don’t know about his Bird rights but unless we have some advantage on the market in keeping tyus, he will be gone.
I believe we have full Bird rights on Jones. That may not matter though if he wants to start elsewhere or the Grizz don’t want to pony up.

Hopefully the important pieces of this franchise use this series/season to propel forward. Jaren has to mature, Ja needs to find the right balance on O and do something, anything on D, Ziaire needs to EAT, Jenkins needs to get better when it matters most and the FO needs to keep improving around the edges while looking for one more dude to go with Ja, Jaren, Bane and Ziaire.

Good season, sucks because more could have accomplished but still “ahead of schedule.” Schedule/youth talk is over now though. This should be a contender moving forward. I expect Pera ($) to treat it as such. Time for everyone else to match.

My wish list for next season:

1. Ja developing an improved jump shot. I think it would save a lot of wear and tear if he can get more buckets without having to end up on his butt.

2. Improved ball movement with Ja on the floor. I feel like the ball moves a bit better when Ja is not on the scene, dudes seem to make that extra pass to find the open man or higher percentage shot.

Fun season.

1. Ja developing an improved jump shot. I think it would save a lot of wear and tear if he can get more buckets without having to end up on his butt.

2. Improved ball movement with Ja on the floor. I feel like the ball moves a bit better when Ja is not on the scene, dudes seem to make that extra pass to find the open man or higher percentage shot.

Fun season.
Love it, Nerd. Good to see you post.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol

Fun season.

Glad to have you back, Nerd. VN and this thread has missed you.

To add to it, ball movement is slower with Ja on the floor and it’s even worse with Brooks, because he plays hero ball. I’d like to see Zaire develop more this off-season and take that next step and be inserted into the starting lineup next year.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
It’s difficult to be critical of Ja without being shouted at. He’s the greatest player Memphis has ever seen. They said, 20-5 without him deserves some conversation.

Game 4 felt like the old Grit-n-Grind days. High percentage shots, good ball movement, and low scoring. It also felt like GNG because we couldn’t put the warriors away and in critical moments couldn’t get crucial buckets.

VN Store

Back