247's Transfer Portal Rankings

This myth seems to be perpetuated here time and time again. BHH shot 49.1% on two-point attempts. Aidoo shot 32.5%. BHH also bested him by that margin while attempting 116 shots to Aidoo's 40 attempts.

I know you love Aidoo, but declaring that his shot was better than BHH's is revisionist history, personal bias, or both.
I agree with you, but just out of curiosity who would you have rather transferred? BHH or Aidoo? Personally I would have rather BHH transfer than Aidoo but I don’t think it’s wrong either way

Reactions: The Dog
I agree with you, but just out of curiosity who would you have rather transferred? BHH or Aidoo? Personally I would have rather BHH transfer than Aidoo but I don’t think it’s wrong either way
It's close. BHH's attitude towards doing things the right way (at least his coach's way) and aversion toward being a true post player make it a little easier. Aidoo might have more upside, but is also more raw and has knee issues. I'll stand by the guy who wants to be here, though.

It's close. BHH's attitude towards doing things the right way (at least his coach's way) and aversion toward being a true post player make it a little easier. Aidoo might have more upside, but is also more raw and has knee issues. I'll stand by the guy who wants to be here, though.
I think I’d rather stand by the guy who wants to be a true post player and can play 5 rather than a guy who wants shoot threes and doesn’t have the shooting touch for that yet

People looked at this before and he actually wasn’t that young age-wise compared to other freshmen.
Birthday is August 6. It used to be in TN a student couldn’t turn 19 before the start of the school year and participate in athletics. If that hasn’t changed, BHH wouldn’t have been eligible to play bball in TN hs last year. Maybe his plan was to go post grad or some other state with a different cutoff date? This whole “he should have been in hs last season” is a false narrative. He was clearly physically developed and capable of competing in the SEC. From a few things CRB said, I got the impression he had bought in and had turned the corner. I was really disappointed to see him leave. If he gets his perspective right and works hard he might play in the nba one day. Wish he could have done it as a UT alumi.

Reactions: Lankykong
This myth seems to be perpetuated here time and time again. BHH shot 49.1% on two-point attempts. Aidoo shot 32.5%. BHH also bested him by that margin while attempting 116 shots to Aidoo's 40 attempts.

I know you love Aidoo, but declaring that his shot was better than BHH's is revisionist history, personal bias, or both.
Most pro scouts go by FT% when projecting potential shooting skills, that was what I did, I may end up wrong, but we will see

Most pro scouts go by FT% when projecting potential shooting skills, that was what I did, I may end up wrong, but we will see
They shot 27 and 17 FTs, respectively, so it isn't a whole lot of data to base it on. I doubt you were referring to their FTs when you said "Aidoo’s shot looked better", anyhow.

Frankly, I believe both guys showed potential, so like I said, I'll ride with the guy who wants be here.

Reactions: The Dog
Has Aidoo had knee trouble in hs? Should there be concern that he will be dealing with troublesome knees in the future?

Reactions: BreatheUT
They shot 27 and 17 FTs, respectively, so it isn't a whole lot of data to base it on. I doubt you were referring to their FTs when you said "Aidoo’s shot looked better", anyhow.

Frankly, I believe both guys showed potential, so like I said, I'll ride with the guy who wants be here.
You always call me on my BS, but this time I knew Aidoo hit his first 9 FTs and ended up around 83%

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back