'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

I have gotten the sense that it's maybe not a good thing for Tennessee in this case if NIL is the deciding factor. But his familiarity with the Vols' offense, and obviously their staff, along with the fact that he could have plenty of help around him on offense — and, therefore, prevent opposing defenses from focusing on him — are among the factors that might be working in their favor.
-Callahan

Doesn’t just know the staff, this staff is the one that recruited and offered him out of high school. Really believe TCU has that going against them. Miami is higher nil but I have to think we’re close.
If he wants the opportunity for more and long term money, he comes here.

He also said he knows the system, but it’s more advanced at Tennessee!

For 1 year? Where you going?

wherever can improve my draft stock the most.

In this case its UT. He had his best yr under heupel, knows the system, Hendon Hooker and would get more 1v1's bc of Cedric, Hyatt and Bru. Thats what i would do if i had NFL goals. Velus should be a good example. He guaranteed himself about 6M after playing for Heupel 1 yr.

If he goes to Miami he’s #1 or #2 option.

If he comes here, he’s what, 3rd or 4th at best? He only has a year, his best bet would be Miami, but I’ll gladly take him if that’s what he decided lol

If he comes here, he’s what, 3rd or 4th at best? He only has a year, his best bet would be Miami, but I’ll gladly take him if that’s what he decided lol

this just isnt true. he would be in the slot alot and be wide open bc of who we have on the outside. He would basically take over the Velus Jones role.

to improve his draft stock UT is the best option and thats a fact in this case.

Last edited:

He would be #2 here most likely. He’d be the most proven and productive WR along with Tillman

Glad we aren’t dumping bags on this kid. Not a generational type talent. We will be OK at WR…
Ofc we're dumping bags. Probably not a ton, doubt anyone is. Miami probably just offering more. We have the other advantages though. But we gotta offer something in NiL.

“His main message was that they have the people here to do it,” Robinson told InsideTheU. “Just their resume and background and the culture that they bring in to Miami. Coach Cristobal, he went to Miami, so he’s determined to make this place great. That was the main message. I only have six months and you have to do it with the right people. They feel they have the right people for that.”
Gattis went into deeper detail on how Miami would use him in this current offense. He could be a threat at multiple spots on the field and that’s what people in the building are so excited about.

“Losing [Charleston] Rambo, that’s my dog. Losing him and also Mike Harley, I think they have a younger receiving group. Me coming in and being able to learn from them guys and also helping them guys, impacting them guys, being their leader, I think I would be coming into a good situation,” Robinson said.

Guys I don't think Heupel was begging him to come to Tennessee or thought we had to have him. He reconnected with a guy that was available that he'd been successful with to see if he was interested, which he was. But here comes Miami screaming like a fan girl with a big bag.

Last edited:
wherever can improve my draft stock the most.

In this case its UT. He had his best yr under heupel, knows the system, Hendon Hooker and would get more 1v1's bc of Cedric, Hyatt and Bru. Thats what i would do if i had NFL goals. Velus should be a good example. He guaranteed himself about 6M after playing for Heupel 1 yr.
I'd run a post-tax time-value of money projection and draft-differential projection, all based on the varying offers 😁
I certainly hope he comes to UT……but if the money is vastly different, Miami would be hard to pass up. Definitely not Ole Miss or TCU if it were me……

I look at it this way, does this guy add any wins if we get him or add an extra loss if we don’t get him? The answer to both questions for me is no. So I’m really not gonna be overly excited if we get him or devastated if we don’t.
If he was a top flight corner or OLB I’d feel different.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back