The Cardinals are going to TROT...

Pruitt said he gives best chance to win, after practice. But it's during those short 60 minutes a week, he has to play well, and that hasn't happened much before.

Reactions: Iamtoooldforthis
You can always count on certain VN'ers to select a Vols player to hate on from here to eternity as a lifelong mission. They have anti-Elsa Disease, so they can't help it.

I don't get pleasure from bashing him....but this he was tough as nails narrative really rubs me the wrong way. Why?

He was not tough as nails. He showed zero grit, determination and urgency to win when he was here and many many times refused to take off running when every WR was covered and the entire left or right side of the field was free of unblocked defenders. He always had this incredibly timid look in his eyes as well. He just looked content on being the starter to me.... nothing else. He only took so many big hits because he couldn't see the field, had a terribly slow release and almost always had the offense lined up in a wrong/bad formation.

Do you want to know who was actually one tough SOB? Josh Dobbs. That guy literally willed our team to victories. Another tough guy would be Juan Jennings. He had a lot of dog in him.

JG had zero dog in him. Unless handicapped malnourished chihuahas count.

Kid took hit after hit because of a terribly underachieving offensive line. Milton took a few himself just like JG did because he held the ball for to long and cannot see the field well. The issue with Milton is the guy is a cream puff. JG was 6'4 200lbs soaking wet and take lick after lick and keep coming back. Milton is 6'5 245 built like a LB and pussed out many times from taking a hit and either went down or ran out of bounds, or when WR were not open he didn't take off and run. That's not counting the fact he throws 100MPH fastballs at everything from a 4 yard slant, a drop off to the RB and a 45 yard deep ball. Guy is big and that is about all he has. He doesn't have the brain to process quick enough to make correct reads and he has absolutely no touch on a football while I have seen 12 year old's with a better understanding of touch. Dude should be playing baseball instead of football and just tell him to throw it as hard as possible at the catcher mitt and try to not hit too many batters.

I can't see him leapfrogging over Colt McCoy or Kyler Murray. Trace McSorley is their 3rd stringer; he has played very rarely. They might carry a 4th QB on the practice squad.

Kid took hit after hit because of a terribly underachieving offensive line. Milton took a few himself just like JG did because he held the ball for to long and cannot see the field well. The issue with Milton is the guy is a cream puff. JG was 6'4 200lbs soaking wet and take lick after lick and keep coming back. Milton is 6'5 245 built like a LB and pussed out many times from taking a hit and either went down or ran out of bounds, or when WR were not open he didn't take off and run. That's not counting the fact he throws 100MPH fastballs at everything from a 4 yard slant, a drop off to the RB and a 45 yard deep ball. Guy is big and that is about all he has. He doesn't have the brain to process quick enough to make correct reads and he has absolutely no touch on a football while I have seen 12 year old's with a better understanding of touch. Dude should be playing baseball instead of football and just tell him to throw it as hard as possible at the catcher mitt and try to not hit too many batters.

Geez man…. easy on Milton. He has a ton of potential, and let’s not forget he could easily be in the portal right now since Hooker took his job and is the clear cut starter for this upcoming season. He didn’t, he chose to stick it out and learn under Heup. I’m grateful we have Milton on our roster right now.

Reactions: VOLnMiami

Oh give me a break. The offensive line wasn't good but JG made it look wayyyyy worse than they actually were. He was so terrible that you could see his body language of giving up and other players giving up with him. The guy does not have the it factor at all.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Oh give me a break. The offensive line wasn't good but JG made it look wayyyyy worse than they actually were. He was so terrible that you could see his body language of giving up and other players giving up with him. The guy does not have the it factor at all.

dont let facts get in your way, that line underachieved greatly, they couldnt run block or pass block, so yeah that wasn JG's fault. listen JG sucked and i was glad he left, but lets not pretend that OL didnt suck and he was a better QB than Milton ever has been or will be.

Geez man…. easy on Milton. He has a ton of potential, and let’s not forget he could easily be in the portal right now since Hooker took his job and is the clear cut starter for this upcoming season. He didn’t, he chose to stick it out and learn under Heup. I’m grateful we have Milton on our roster right now.

he gives us a body and that is about it, if he plays this team sucks terribly because he would have a hard time starting at FCS UTC. So yay he stayed when he could have left, i would rather him have left unless he wants to play LB or TE for UT. If he wants to play QB he needed to go to UTC and fight for a chance to play there. He sucked as a QB at Meatchicken and he sucked here.

he gives us a body and that is about it, if he plays this team sucks terribly because he would have a hard time starting at FCS UTC. So yay he stayed when he could have left, i would rather him have left unless he wants to play LB or TE for UT. If he wants to play QB he needed to go to UTC and fight for a chance to play there. He sucked as a QB at Meatchicken and he sucked here.

Did Milton steal your girl or something?

Glad he got an NFL deal and is living his dream. Seriously. Seems like a good kid who honestly tries as hard as he can to succeed. He just isn't all that good.

No joke: I would actually be scared for him if he ever lines up under center in an NFL game. His inability to read and adapt at the college speed and power level is clearly demonstrated. However, the 'hard hits' he took as a result in college would be BRUTAL in the NFL. I would be concerned for his safety. the speed and power ramp up exponentially. I hope for his sake he sticks but is ONLY a practice QB.

Reactions: Hurley Mooncalf
Glad he got an NFL deal and is living his dream. Seriously. Seems like a good kid who honestly tries as hard as he can to succeed. He just isn't all that good.

No joke: I would actually be scared for him if he ever lines up under center in an NFL game. His inability to read and adapt at the college speed and power level is clearly demonstrated. However, the 'hard hits' he took as a result in college would be BRUTAL in the NFL. I would be concerned for his safety. the speed and power ramp up exponentially. I hope for his sake he sticks but is ONLY a practice QB.
I hope he starts and plays the whole game every game for the Cardinals . Think of the money we can make betting against them.

VN Store

Back