247's Transfer Portal Rankings

Maxwell865

Welcome to the Nico Show
Last edited:
Reactions: Govolsman98
Fascinating that a guy that actually put up good stats (key) would be behind all of the people that transferred out of the program. BHH was awful, but I can assume they were going off potential. But Bailey ahead of Key? Did no one watch him play basketball?

Unless he can expand his game and create his own shot, that’s about as good as he’s going to get.
I might be in the minority, but I think there’s a lot more to his game than we saw. He got pigeon holed into being just a 3 point shooter and he rarely looked to do anything else. I don’t know if he felt like that’s what the staff wanted from him or it just happened organically but from what I saw in his brief stent at Auburn, the guy can make plays. He just got in his head that he was simply going to drift around the 3 point line.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I'd guess Key's ranking is based on two things, the unknown factor of him having missed the entire 2021-22 season due to a major surgery and the fact that he only has one year to play.

I might be in the minority, but I think there’s a lot more to his game than we saw. He got pigeon holed into being just a 3 point shooter and he rarely looked to do anything else. I don’t know if he felt like that’s what the staff wanted from him or it just happened organically but from what I saw in his brief stent at Auburn, the guy can make plays. He just got in his head that he was simply going to drift around the 3 point line.
IMO Powell just never seemed to establish his role for this team. Clearly he can shoot the ball (but was so hesitant)…but clearly he wasn’t going to be able to create his own shot consistently. And his foot work/quickness on defense put him behind the proverbial 8 ball. I think he’s a good kid and good teammate and wish nothing but the best for him. It’s just very difficult to crave out a niche with superior athletes all around you. JMO though.

Fascinating that a guy that actually put up good stats (key) would be behind all of the people that transferred out of the program. BHH was awful, but I can assume they were going off potential. But Bailey ahead of Key? Did no one watch him play basketball?
BHH was not awful and contributed valuable minutes for us. But yes, must be potential as you should be able to see that its there with him. A little bit of touch on his shots and just more touches and opportunities in the game and he will shine. A big time player. Really wish he had stayed.

BHH was not awful and contributed valuable minutes for us. But yes, must be potential as you should be able to see that its there with him. A little bit of touch on his shots and just more touches and opportunities in the game and he will shine. A big time player. Really wish he had stayed.
I wish he had stayed also and agree he has potential. I doubt he’ll become a big time player unless he commits to the practice / work to development that potential. Time will tell

awful? really? why are people like this when someone leaves the program? He was a raw talented freshman and played like one. When he got minutes he contributed.

Reactions: cncchris33

He could have improved on a lot of things but took the wrong advice again and bailed out.

Still a dumb decision regardless.

He was awful, there's no way around it. His field goal percentage from 2p land was way below average (4th among our post players) and from 3 he was terrible, he was our worst defender from advanced stats, he is not a particularly good athlete either. He's long and he's strong for his age, and that's about it. He was no real skills. He was not even a particularly good rebounder (total rebound %) as he was 4th behind Aidoo, Uros, and ON. Also 5th in block percentage behind Fulky, Aidoo, JJJ, and ON. So essentially he was our worst post player, which was clearly our weakest part of roster. So the worst player of our worst position group would classify as awful.

His real potential is if he somehow becomes a far better shooter (from at least the midrange and in theory from 3). Maybe he does that, but nothing he did in his first year would make me believe he going to make some big leap.

He was awful, there's no way around it. His field goal percentage from 2p land was way below average (4th among our post players) and from 3 he was terrible, he was our worst defender from advanced stats, he is not a particularly good athlete either. He's long and he's strong for his age, and that's about it. He was no real skills. He was not even a particularly good rebounder (total rebound %) as he was 4th behind Aidoo, Uros, and ON. Also 5th in block percentage behind Fulky, Aidoo, JJJ, and ON. So essentially he was our worst post player, which was clearly our weakest part of roster. So the worst player of our worst position group would classify as awful.

His real potential is if he somehow becomes a far better shooter (from at least the midrange and in theory from 3). Maybe he does that, but nothing he did in his first year would make me believe he going to make some big leap.
Yeah the problem with BHH was he thought he was a stretch 4, but he had a below average shot

Yeah the problem with BHH was he thought he was a stretch 4, but he had a below average shot
I was excited when we signed him, but was very disappointed with his performance. I think the potential is still there, but his skills are from inside 15 feet. He wants to be an big outside player but he do to ye have the skills need to do that. His handle is not very good, his mobility is not very good, and his shot away from the basket is also lacking. He may be a monster next year, but I think his productivity will be in the paint.

I won’t say he was going to turn into a dominant post player, but I would like to see how those stats might differ if you were to isolate the last part of the season when he was actually being a decent contributor. His rebounding certainly improved, and I’m pretty sure his 2pt% did as well. There was definitely improvement, and with an off-season he had the potential to be a key contributor.

That said, we’ll be fine without him, especially since we got Phillips.

The problem with BHH is that he has real potential and reclassified to play college a year early because he has real potential and many of you did not recalibrate expectations for a very young for his class freshman and just focused on his ranking. I think he showed real potential for a player that should’ve been a senior in high school last year and I wish he would’ve stayed because I think he would’ve been good this year. But here we are and we are moving on and so is BHH.

I won’t say he was going to turn into a dominant post player, but I would like to see how those stats might differ if you were to isolate the last part of the season when he was actually being a decent contributor. His rebounding certainly improved, and I’m pretty sure his 2pt% did as well. There was definitely improvement, and with an off-season he had the potential to be a key contributor.

That said, we’ll be fine without him, especially since we got Phillips.
Well fortunately those stats are easy to find. After the south Carolina game where ON got hurt (Feb 5th) he played 13 games (13 starts), he averaged 4.6 points, 3.8 rebound. 0.2 steals, 0.3 blocks, 0.5 assists in just over 16 minutes per game on 41.7% from the field, 20% from 3, and 56.3% from the FT line.

While I guess he did technically average more points and rebounds, he only increased them by 0.7 and 0.9 compared to his season averages, while his field goal percentage fell off significantly by 4%. Per 40 minutes, he was 10th in points, 5th in rebounds, 6th in blocks, 11th in steals, and 13th in assists (while also being 5th in turnovers).

There was not a single stat in which he was even an average player in for his position. I guess I won't argue he was a "decent contributor" because he did play, but he certainly wasn't effective.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
The problem with BHH is that he has real potential and reclassified to play college a year early because he has real potential and many of you did not recalibrate expectations for a very young for his class freshman and just focused on his ranking. I think he showed real potential for a player that should’ve been a senior in high school last year and I wish he would’ve stayed because I think he would’ve been good this year. But here we are and we are moving on and so is BHH.
People looked at this before and he actually wasn’t that young age-wise compared to other freshmen.

People looked at this before and he actually wasn’t that young age-wise compared to other freshmen.
He was young, but by a matter of a few months. Not like he was truly an entire year younger than his class. He was originally in the 2021 class, reclassified to 2022, and then back to 2021 in an effort to enroll early. He was actually older than I was when I started college by a month.

I loved BHH, but Aidoo was the frosh post that flashed the real potential, imo. BHH was kinda lazy and not as athletic as I expected. I still wanted him back, but I can live with it. Aidoo's shot was better, too. I expect the🦒to have a huge jump in production, next year. I'm hoping ZZ and BJ hold down the PG position if we don't get a transfer. Also, hoping Phillips is good enough to be the guy that gets the basket when we absolutely have to have it. Yeah, I'm expecting a lot, but Phillips has the skills. Maybe, we get another true one and done superstar like KC. That's not dissing Keon and Springer, but they were not superstars, although 1st round picks

I loved BHH, but Aidoo was the frosh post that flashed the real potential, imo. BHH was kinda lazy and not as athletic as I expected. I still wanted him back, but I can live with it. Aidoo's shot was better, too. I expect the🦒to have a huge jump in production, next year. I'm hoping ZZ and BJ hold down the PG position if we don't get a transfer. Also, hoping Phillips is good enough to be the guy that gets the basket when we absolutely have to have it. Yeah, I'm expecting a lot, but Phillips has the skills. Maybe, we get another true one and done superstar like KC. That's not dissing Keon and Springer, but they were not superstars, although 1st round picks
This myth seems to be perpetuated here time and time again. BHH shot 49.1% on two-point attempts. Aidoo shot 32.5%. BHH also bested him by that margin while attempting 116 shots to Aidoo's 40 attempts.

I know you love Aidoo, but declaring that his shot was better than BHH's is revisionist history, personal bias, or both.

VN Store

Back