Tennessee Lady Vol News

Reactions: LVsinceJV
The most obvious and extreme tanking effort I've seen in a while! Trying to think of who comes back from overseas to fill out this roster?
Kayla McBride and Damiras Dantas are the two impact players left.

They waived 5 players and signed only 1 in return.
They have to be waiting for Rennia to clear waivers and then attempt to re-sign her. Same w Yvonne Turner. Otherwise, this is a crazy move

Reactions: travis929
Kayla McBride and Damiras Dantas are the two impact players left.

They waived 5 players and signed only 1 in return.
They have to be waiting for Rennia to clear waivers and then attempt to re-sign her. Same w Yvonne Turner. Otherwise, this is a crazy move

I'm dangerously close to shutting the door on the Dubya for this season. The constant game of musical chairs is getting on my last nerves.

I'm dangerously close to shutting the door on the Dubya for this season. The constant game of musical chairs is getting on my last nerves.
Not just that, but the constant whining/sense of entitlement of the players is getting on my last nerves.

You make $70-200k and think you deserve to fly charter when you don't even make money for your company? They're lucky that the league hasn't folded!

From the looks of their IG, a lot of them are pissed that they can't live NBA glam lifestyles...and we're supposed to be sympathetic? FOH with that 🙄

Oh, I had no idea that there was personal conflict between the two. Well, they're both adults and working on basically an employee trial run, so I'm sure they know that they have to be acting at the highest level of professionalism.
Yes. But when Evina left UT, reporters asked her if she was still in touch with the Lady Vols’ players. She said, “Uh, no,” with a smirk. When reporters asked Re if she was talking to Evina, she said matter-of-factly, “No.”

Yes. But when Evina left UT, reporters asked her if she was still in touch with the Lady Vols’ players. She said, “Uh, no,” with a smirk. When reporters asked Re if she was talking to Evina, she said matter-of-factly, “No.”
I did notice her tweeting back and forth with MeMe Jackson recently. I also couldn't tell if they were teasing each other or just doing a poor job of insulting one another...

Teammates don't need to be friends; they just can't be a distraction while playing together.

I wonder if Min will resign Davis for the season? With Angel and Sims gone, she'd have a great opportunity to log a ton of minutes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I did notice her tweeting back and forth with MeMe Jackson recently. I also couldn't tell if they were teasing each other or just doing a poor job of insulting one another...

Teammates don't need to be friends; they just can't be a distraction while playing together.

I wonder if Min will resign Davis for the season? With Angel and Sims gone, she'd have a great opportunity to log a ton of minutes.
Some are saying Min is deliberately tanking for the good draft picks next season. 🤦‍♀️

So really weird day for Lynx. The signed Evina, but waived Rennia, McCoughtry and Sims...?
This is getting ridiculous! Did these players miss other opportunities while the Lynx dithered around? This is an embarrassment to the W.

Some are saying Min is deliberately tanking for the good draft picks next season. 🤦‍♀️
Didn't they finish 4th last season? Atlanta and Indiana would have to have monster season's for Minny to pass them in the draft sweepstakes, since it's based on 2-years...not 1.

Evina to Rennia: Sorry, not sorry...
There was a report that Cheryl Reeves was peeved that players weren't running the plays she was calling in the last game, and that's probably why heads rolled. I'm sure that she has no tolerance for petty behavior. WNBA players are really trying to imitate NBA players a little too much these days...

This is getting ridiculous! Did these players miss other opportunities while the Lynx dithered around? This is an embarrassment to the W.
McCoughtry was bought out of her contract, and Sims agreed to a mutual situation. I wouldn't say this was the Lynx dithering around as there seems to have been other factors at play here.

Turner, Rennia and Milic were all signed as "hardship contracts", so it was known from the start that it was temporary. But the weird thing is that the 3 unavailable roster players still haven't come back, so the players released must've done something to work Reeves' last nerves. And Rennia was only on the team for like 3 days!

There was a report that Cheryl Reeves was peeved that players weren't running the plays she was calling in the last game, and that's probably why heads rolled. I'm sure that she has no tolerance for petty behavior. WNBA players are really trying to imitate NBA players a little too much these days...
Didn't she say the same thing when she released half the team last week too? lol. I think there's just a stigma against tanking and this is her excuse.

Didn't she say the same thing when she released half the team last week too? lol. I think there's just a stigma against tanking and this is her excuse.
Tanking still wouldn't do her any good. The Lynx finished too high last season. I'm not surprised that the Lynx have looked awful thus far. They have no continuity on their team and are missing their 2nd and 3rd best players from last season (1 of which is out all year). If they get a PG out of waivers (and there are some good ones there: Allen, Jefferson, and the two that they released) and Dantas/McBride are back, then they'll be a solid mid-pack team. Besides, if the team is tanking, I'd demand a release if I were Sylvia Fowles.

Not all coaches can build players from ground. Lynx coach use to have stars full in her team. After Maya left her team, Augustus left, they kept going down, and next yr will be worst. Sylvia will be gone.

Yeah, well Carter and Williams were in a bit better of a situation as proven players and not proverbial beggars 🤷‍♂️

and as such that still didn't help them with their discernment so my point still stands ✊🏽 But this is a moot point since 1. Rennia isn't on the team 2. the Lynx seemingly have no clue what their doing besides tanking

Ok, I'm starting to get that Reeves is probably going for Paige and not Boston. A two-year tank to get a local star on her team, not a bad idea honestly. The problem with the W is after one bad season people will start calling for Reeves' head (as they did when Collen attempted a two-year tank for Howard).

I guess they're posting disclaimers after the shade one of them threw while interviewing Rickea. This person in particular is the one always hating on Pat Summitt.

As an aside, I wonder if players coming into a program like Tennessee are aware they will have fiercely loyal fans and absolute haters, purely based off the school they chose. It's real out here.

F$?! Deloris.

Reactions: LadyOrange
Yes. Deloris tweeted something pretty nasty about Pat’s Alzheimer’s. I won’t forgive it. Someone else in the group tweeted something about Lady Vols fans who think the Lady Vols are coming back must be smoking Pat’s ashes. Won’t forgive that one either.
You are absolutely correct. In the Rickea interview Andrew asked if she got baptized at Pat’s statue. They’re the worst of the worst and every time I try to support them in the name of growing the game, they always find a way to piss on Tennessee. I can’t with this group.

So really weird day for Lynx. The signed Evina, but waived Rennia, McCoughtry and Sims...?

McCoughtry is still having knee problems and clearly the recent injection didn't enable her to play. Sims missed the last game due to "personal issues," so there's something going on there unrelated to tanking.

Not just that, but the constant whining/sense of entitlement of the players is getting on my last nerves.

You make $70-200k and think you deserve to fly charter when you don't even make money for your company? They're lucky that the league hasn't folded!

From the looks of their IG, a lot of them are pissed that they can't live NBA glam lifestyles...and we're supposed to be sympathetic? FOH with that 🙄

Apparently the most recent round of COVID exposures occurred during commercial travel. It doesn't do the league any good to have their star players sitting at home instead of playing.

VN Store

Back