‘23 GA SDE Victor Burley (Clemson commit)

You cant say stuff like this. Don’t you know the ONLY reason any school gets ANY recruit is because of money?
People are silly, there are other factors. The school, the fit with the players and how they like the town. We aren’t the only school that can offer NIL. We have a good total package. If you have a player or parent that is truly only caring about the highest dollar, many times it might be best to pass. You have to access a players character what type of student and person he is. I have no problem with players making something. But it should not be the sole focus, it’s a lot of parts to recruiting. Players want to play for coaches that are going to help them get to next level. Many players and parents want to see the academic support that is there and what type people they are. The coaches also want to know what type of player they are getting, they want to meet the family and know them. It’s much too it. All NIL will do is give more power 5 schools a opportunity to level the playing field. The under the table game is crooked, a top few got the game down and the the oversight looks the other way. I just want a fair oversight of everybody. Let’s play the game over the table not under it. GBO! The

5 ovs
Mich st June 3
Uga June 10
OSU june 24
clemson tbd
Tennessee tbd
decision by end of summer

What's weird about that schedule is that UT and Clemson are the presumed Top 2, and there won't be any OVs in July. So unless he's either going to take mid-week OVs and/or use one July 17th, not sure how that's going to work. I will say that UGA getting the 1st OV is probably best case scenario for us...

Vic Burley already has five schools in mind that he expects to host him on official visits. He expects to be ready to choose between them within the next few months.

The five-star Class of 2023 defensive lineman from Warner Robins (Ga.) High School told 247Sports' Rusty Mansell on Tuesday that he plans to take official visits to Tennessee, Michigan State, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson, with three of his official visits already scheduled for next month. He said he intends to announce his college decision before his senior season.

The 6-foot-5, 276-pound Burley said Michigan State will host him on an official visit the weekend of June 3, and he's set to travel to Georgia on an official visit the weekend of June 10. His official visit to Ohio State, he said, is scheduled for the weekend of June 24.

Burley told Mansell that he's confident he will be able to announce his choice by the end of the summer.

"I'm going to make it before we start the season," said Burley, a five-star prospect in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, where he's ranked the No. 32 overall player and No. 4 defensive lineman in the 2023 class and the No. 2 junior from Georgia.

While he didn't mention specific dates for his official visits to Clemson and Tennessee, the Tigers and the Vols have been among the top contenders for him for months. He told GoVols247 in late April that he was scheduled to return to Tennessee on May 28 for a Memorial Day weekend recruiting event that's expected to bring a number of the Vols' top targets to Knoxville.

Burley has been to Tennessee’s campus at least a handful of times since November 2019. He most recently traveled there Jan. 22 for the Vols’ first junior day of the year, visiting them for the third time in less than six months.

"Tennessee, really, they treat me good every time I come up there — especially knowing that was my first offer," Burley told Mansell. "They treat me good every single time I come up there."

Burley said Tennessee defensive line coach Rodney Garner and head coach Josh Heupel are recruiting him for the Vols.
-Callahan

Clemson still has a defined culture under Dabo who remember went to like 6 straight playoffs before last season. Burley is also right in their prime recruiting footprint, to act like they aren't a major threat is nothing more than recency bias. They are slipping but haven't completely fallen yet. Think VOLS circa 2004 or something, we were still able to recruit really well but it just started to show signs of slipping.

Kinda sucks but if this is gonna be a late cycle recruitment I see having CRG as an advantage.

VN Store

Back