Sensible JG Observations

Clearly, you haven't seen some of the ugly stuff said of JG on this forum. As for why people do that, all I can offer is, humans gonna human. But there's always that few that not only have good sense, but sense enough to use it.

So taking up for the worst multiple year starting quarterback in Tennessee history, means you have good sense? SMH….
Guarantano will look great in practice throwing routes on air. Then, when he is actually playing agianst a live defense he will prove once again that he cannot process information fast enough to play quarterback at the d-1 level let alone the NFL.

So taking up for the worst multiple year starting quarterback in Tennessee history, means you have good sense? SMH….
Guarantano will look great in practice throwing routes on air. Then, when he is actually playing agianst a live defense he will prove once again that he cannot process information fast enough to play quarterback at the d-1 level let alone the NFL.

Some smarter people than I have posted here, viable reasons why this was so. If you like thinking, setting aside personal bias, and vendetta, you might read those posts and hate less.

Some smarter people than I have posted here, viable reasons why this was so. If you like thinking, setting aside personal bias, and vendetta, you might read those posts and hate less.
There was absolutely NOTHING hateful in his post. Nothing. He stated something that anyone could see if their eyes were open. There's no "vendetta" in that post. JG was easily the worst regular starting QB in my time watching the Vols... something over 40 years.

That's not saying he's a bad person... stupid... void of talent... or anything "personal". There was just something missing from his ability to mentally process and make good decisions or risk/reward judgments.

You aren't showing others to be hateful... you are just exposing your own personal bias.

Don't blame it on the boy. His coach should have known better than to put him out there week after week. I'm glad we got a do over with Huepel and Hooker!
Which coach? I count about 8 different OC/QB coaches... 3 HC's... at least one consultant (I believe the same one that worked with Dobbs), the Manning QB camp,... so which one of those professional coaches who had success elsewhere was to blame?

Isn't it a lot more reasonable to "blame" no one and just acknowledge that he was lacking some mental talent needed to play QB at a high level?

Reactions: dduncan4163
Clearly, you haven't seen some of the ugly stuff said of JG on this forum. As for why people do that, all I can offer is, humans gonna human. But there's always that few that not only have good sense, but sense enough to use it.
Nobody would be saying anything ugly if a few of you would quit posting about him. Same with kiffin, butch, etc, you all get upset over people's opinions, but you're the ones who keep bringing them up. Jmo though, it's a free country, for now 👀🤣

There was absolutely NOTHING hateful in his post. Nothing. He stated something that anyone could see if their eyes were open. There's no "vendetta" in that post. JG was easily the worst regular starting QB in my time watching the Vols... something over 40 years.
That's not saying he's a bad person... stupid... void of talent... or anything "personal". There was just something missing from his ability to mentally process and make good decisions or risk/reward judgments.
You aren't showing others to be hateful... you are just exposing your own personal bias.

Thank you. Do you want fries with that? In truth, your accusation is false. JG's haters dragged him in here first, and I shared this article to illustrate the ongoing denigration by those haters. Proof? The thread of the following title is loaded with this: The Cardinals are going to TROT

Last edited:
Nobody would be saying anything ugly if a few of you would quit posting about him. Same with kiffin, butch, etc, you all get upset over people's opinions, but you're the ones who keep bringing them up. Jmo though, it's a free country, for now 👀🤣

Are you ordering regular or super size?

Gutsy kid. Tough as nails. Took some of the most vicious hits I've seen a UT QB take, and always got up. Always had good character per reports, a nice guy, never embarrassed UT. He is OK in my book as a person.

That said, he could not read a blitz, which almost got him seriously hurt against Florida in 2019, could not throw a short pass or deep ball, and could not make decisions.

I wish him the best, but if he ever gets under center in the NFL, I would honestly fear for his safety.

Basilio said it best after the Florida game: Along the lines of 'Coach, when the safety and 2 LBs are on the weak side of the line, and your QB clearly isn't looking, you HAVE to take a time out. I'm not kidding about this. That's somebody's kid out there! And he is about to get hurt!'

Like Basilio, I blame Slingblade McGump for the JG fiasco.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I thought he got injured at WSU?

I've read stuff like that about him pouting but I haven't seen proof and honestly it doesn't matter. People react in different ways and then others judge them based on how they think they would react in the same situation. JG put up with about as much crap as anyone I've ever seen and kept trying. He just couldn't do the job.

His pride was injured. Look it seems a tremendous waste of time to either criticize or defend him. We went from one of the lowest ranked qb's percentage wise in college football to one of the best. Don't check my stats, check JG's. He was statistically bottom 5 to 10 in the country - there really is no way to sugar coat it - he was BAD. He was also awful at WS.

People have been just as hard on Milton. It’s big boy football and usually not personal
I'd take Milton every day over JG.

JG was a terrible D1 QB. He might been serviceable in D2 or D3. He will be the best practice squad QB in the history of the NFL that I have no doubt about.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Gutsy kid. Tough as nails. Took some of the most vicious hits I've seen a UT QB take, and always got up. Always had good character per reports, a nice guy, never embarrassed UT. He is OK in my book as a person.

That said, he could not read a blitz, which almost got him seriously hurt against Florida in 2019, could not throw a short pass or deep ball, and could not make decisions.

I wish him the best, but if he ever gets under center in the NFL, I would honestly fear for his safety.

Basilio said it best after the Florida game: Along the lines of 'Coach, when the safety and 2 LBs are on the weak side of the line, and your QB clearly isn't looking, you HAVE to take a time out. I'm not kidding about this. That's somebody's kid out there! And he is about to get hurt!'

Like Basilio, I blame Slingblade McGump for the JG fiasco.
There is a fine line between gutsy and stupid. I often refer to is as the "JG line".

This article is a bit silly. Do you think josh dobbs would look bad under pruitt? I seriously doubt it. Some guys just have it and some don't.

I didn't write the article. I just saw it and shared it with VN. Especially in the light of the posts in the thread:
The Cardinals are going to TROT

Last edited:
I don’t wish anyone anything bad. Ever.
I’m sure he did the best he could and played through pain…….but he was not a good college QB.
I hope he does well in the NFL. I definitely don’t miss him in Orange.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol

VN Store

Back