Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

It’d be a safe bet that EPL 5th place team will be in the fray consistently, but the rules are two extra spots for the leagues in UEFA. For example, if it was this year, it would be England and Holland. They base it off the “countries with the best performing clubs in Europe that season.” Their words. So yeah, some years the 5th place EPL team will get in but not every year.

I would like them to implement that rule immediately in that case.

Well, consider me an Arsenal fan tomorrow. Sorry Spurs fans.

Arsenal wins tomorrow and Chelsea and Arsenal both guaranteed top 4.

If I remember correctly when I did the math Sunday, need the Spurs to win tomorrow and the final two and Arsenal to go 0-1-1 after tomorrow.

Lots of different permeations to top 4.

If Spurs win tomorrow and Arsenal goes 0-1-1 in final 2 then Spurs would only need to win 1 out of the last 2. If y’all draw tomorrow then Spurs would need to win the remaining 2 and Arsenal would need to fail to win 1 out of the final 2. Arsenal basically just needs to win 2 out of the last 3 to guarantee top 4 no matter what.

If Spurs win tomorrow and the remaining 2 games and Chelsea lose their final 2 then Spurs get top 4. Basically, If Spurs win tomorrow then Chelsea will need to just draw or win one of the remaining 2 to guarantee top 4.

So there’s a chance for Spurs to overtake both teams, the odds are just slim. Never say never in the Premier League tho.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Lots of different permeations to top 4.

If Spurs win tomorrow and Arsenal goes 0-1-1 in final 2 then Spurs would only need to win 1 out of the last 2. If y’all draw tomorrow then Spurs would need to win the remaining 2 and Arsenal would need to fail to win 1 out of the final 2. Arsenal basically just needs to win 2 out of the last 3 to guarantee top 4 no matter what.

If Spurs win tomorrow and the remaining 2 games and Chelsea lose their final 2 then Spurs get top 4. Basically, If Spurs win tomorrow then Chelsea will need to just draw or win one of the remaining 2 to guarantee top 4.

So there’s a chance for Spurs to overtake both teams, the odds are just slim. Never say never in the Premier League tho.

I meant say if Spurs win tomorrow and Arsenal went 1-0-1 Spurs would need to win out.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
So that I don’t have to cheer for either team, I’m pulling for a boring 0-0 game. A draw is all Chelsea needs 😅

Thought Arsenal looked sharp in first few minutes but now they look frustrated. Spurs counter causing problems.

Antonio Conte took some shots at Mikel Arteta in his press conference. Main two were this one and another shot that was basically “he needs to complain less and focus on his team more”. Conte seems to be setting into the North London Derby just fine 😂

(Also, a little ironic he’s complaining about Arteta complaining after Conte himself got a yellow card for.. you guessed it.. complaining.)

Reactions: MAD
Antonio Conte took some shots at Mikel Arteta in his press conference. Main two were this one and another shot that was basically “he needs to complain less and focus on his team more”. Conte seems to be setting into the North London Derby just fine 😂

(Also, a little ironic he’s complaining about Arteta complaining after Conte himself got a yellow card for.. you guessed it.. complaining.)

It could be that Conte was looking ahead to the final two fixtures, trying to play mind games by rubbing salt in the wound, hoping Arteta would dwell on this game rather than look to the future. Or maybe he was just being a prick after a big rivalry win.

Either way, did Arteta really have that much to complain about? One could argue the penalty was somewhat soft but the push in the back by Cedric clearly prevented Son from putting his head on a potential goal scoring opportunity. I’m not saying he would have scored, but one would expect a player of his quality to at least put the ball on frame.

As for Holding’s two yellows, I don’t see how the referee could have given him any more chances. In 32 minutes of action he committed 4 fouls worthy of a yellow, all of them on the same player. Arteta should’ve been more upset with him rather than the referee because his lack of composure almost singlehandedly cost his team an opportunity to clinch Champion’s League football next season.

Unfortunately, I still expect Arsenal to win their final two matches. Conte will likely have to settle for the Europa League next year if he happens to stick around.

It could be that Conte was looking ahead to the final two fixtures, trying to play mind games by rubbing salt in the wound, hoping Arteta would dwell on this game rather than look to the future. Or maybe he was just being a prick after a big rivalry win.

Either way, did Arteta really have that much to complain about? One could argue the penalty was somewhat soft but the push in the back by Cedric clearly prevented Son from putting his head on a potential goal scoring opportunity. I’m not saying he would have scored, but one would expect a player of his quality to at least put the ball on frame.

As for Holding’s two yellows, I don’t see how the referee could have given him any more chances. In 32 minutes of action he committed 4 fouls worthy of a yellow, all of them on the same player. Arteta should’ve been more upset with him rather than the referee because his lack of composure almost singlehandedly cost his team an opportunity to clinch Champion’s League football next season.

Unfortunately, I still expect Arsenal to win their final two matches. Conte will likely have to settle for the Europa League next year if he happens to stick around.
Son belongs in La Liga or Serie A. He’s basically Luis Suarez with better skin.

VN Store

Back